Author Topic: From Anandatandava  (Read 41342 times)

satyan

From Anandatandava
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2009, 07:05:12 PM »
hi anadatandava,

you really are a dancing spirit.  i can get it from the words you pour from your heart.  the vision you had of dancing siva, i am dying to experience one.  be assured that you have reached where you have to, what only remains is, you have to experience the space within you, the space in which the lord is dancing in you, which will calm you down.  never self doubt.  of course AYP practices are the best way to self pace.

let the joy of dancing siva engross this forum.

siva siva!

satyan

From Anandatandava
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2009, 07:20:44 PM »
hi anandatandava,

one thing i will tell you about the Lord, Lord Shiva he never lets you do things the way you want to but will guide you to do the same in some other way. only after you have finished doing the work that you will come to realize that he has guided you in a better way.  this i am telling from my own experience. so dont resist just let Him have His way.  i bet this forum and AYP were part of his guiding.  i really feel blessed to have you in this forum.

siva siva!

anandatandava2

From Anandatandava
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »
Economic and other factors are currently severely constricting my access to the outside world, including this website. This explains any long delays in my entries. I have been stubbornly insisting on phone support but may have to surrender to snail mail interaction instead. Alas! However, I do make an appeal to anyone who may be willing to accept phone calls from me in hopes of better understanding this site and its forums. There wouldn't be any out of pocket expense to you and you could remain anonymous. The only thing I require is a local number to call in the Twin Cities area, (Minnesota).

anandatandava2

From Anandatandava
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2009, 02:27:10 AM »
With low cost phone options available such as magic jack, grand central, prepaid cell you and your named phone number could remain entirely anonymous. I realize this is a lot to ask, but this is the only real life I have.

Thanks in advance.

AYPforum

From Anandatandava
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2010, 04:02:36 AM »
From: Tonya Leholm Knuttila, Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  6:42:35 PM

Knitted brow technique?

Hello,
This is my first post on this website, so please forgive me if I am not placing this question in the proper location. I am writing on behalf of my husband's uncle, Anandatandava who has been in prison for most of his life, and has no internet access. The past many years he has deeply explored yoga, and what he calls ecstatic connectivity. He has other posts here under Anandatandava 5468.

Here is the question: Does anyone have experience with a knitted brow meditation technique? Are there any writings or sources out there that talk about such a thing? Does anyone have an experience to share? Anandatandava has had powerful experiences with knitting his brows, and is trying to find any information he can.

I will do my best to print responses and mail them to him.

Thank you,
Tonya (his niece)
---------------------------

From miguel

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  7:42:52 PM  

Welcome

Take a look.

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/56.html

But this tool is used with sbp,no meditation,at least here in ayp.

Hope it helps a bit.

AYPforum

From Anandatandava
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2010, 04:06:53 AM »
From Roxy for Roy, Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  09:35:57 AM

From Prisonmonk--Anandatandava

I chanced upon a World Book article on Ramakrishna, which described him as epileptic. Although this has become almost de rigueur labeling for intense spiritual ecstatics, it actually pleased and excited me.

It's time to come "out of the closet" on something, even at the risk of becoming all the more discredited. *laugh* The prevailing theory is that severe childhood PANDAS left me with a spectrum of neurological disorders that could be categorized as epilepsy (TLE), Asperger's, Tourette's, and other common co-morbids. As the Chinese curse goes: "May you have an interesting life!" *laugh* Reading my brain-scan report, the chief DOC physician exclaimed, "You shouldn't exist!" It seemed a slight exaggeration at the time, but was remarkably prescient of my eventual immersions in somadhi. (Did I ever really return??

Prior to anti-epileptic meds, yoga, and non-gluten, non-dairy diet, life was a nightmare. I was functionally mute, possessed limited vocabulary, little discursive thought, and I couldn't hold the thread of a sentence long enough to complete it before bursting into shouted obscenities. You can imagine how that endeared me with guards! *laugh* Yes, but the interminable conflict eventually led me to full surrender of everything I had once held dear: ego, identity, material hopes, resentments, etc. I even tried surrendering my actual physical life, but didn't succeed. But then, in this state of complete collapse, surprise, surprise, a paradisiacal new world opened. My suffering stopped. Bliss and wonderful visions began. I had entered the mystical path without even knowing such a thing existed.

That was eight years ago, and I hope I'm allowed to relate the full story of my riotous kundalini ascension. I think you'd find it both compelling and cautionary, for I originally had no teacher and so took a naively hazardous approach. This is why, after all these years of obsessed, day-long practice, I saw immediately in Yogani's writing (when I finally found him) that he knows the reality of this! And he knows far more than I've been able to gather from other sources. And he knows how to present a safe route for a broad audience. Best of all, he's willing to openly communicate it. I've encountered no one else like him. I've learned so much and am ensconced at his feet.

I'm still pretty hapless verbally, but language springs miraculously alive when I write (for better or worse.) There is a neurological reason for this: God has seen fit to bless me with "reflex seizures," of which one primary trigger is the finger movement involved in writing. When I pick up the pen, it doesn't take long before simple partial seizures begin that alter but don't block consciousness, allowing that ravishing amphibious movement between the surface and the depths.

It's like I "click" on like a Christmas toy; my mind flies up from somnambolant slumber so dramatically that it feels something other, something wonderful, a "winged joy," no longer part of the flawed mortal instrument from which it sings. And sing it does; my body a humming receiving tower, a flaming lingam with crystal-rimmed crown, around which God runs a moistened finger. And to these issued strains, every fiber of my being groans upward to meet, and Heaven joins in chorus. Of these matters I am driven to write, though I am unworthy of the enterprise.

Argh! Loss of control again. Is it lamentable? I can't tell. But, if I had the choice of a cure, I would refuse. For though the words may stumble, what lies within trumps thought and worldly pleasures, and travels at such great rapidity that I can only snatch bits of the melody as it swoops by.

But meanwhile, back on earth... This reminds me of the old saying that it is better to remain silent and be considered a fool than to speak and dispel all doubt. *laugh*

Heretofore, I have tried to restrict my writing to observation of the material world. I did this out of concern for others, for Yogani's frequent reminder to view experiences with non-attachment also applies to the experiences of others, especially a weirdo like me. But now that you understand me better, I feel free to begin relating at a deeper level and you can discount my words to whatever extent you need for comfort.

And because most of my yogic technique developed spontaneously and in isolation, there are slight differences from Yogani's that allowed for my various maladies and battle-wounds (both internal and external.) So I think I have practical things to say, but would prefer to have a better understanding of the practice-oriented forum first. Any prospective guides out there?
-----------------------

From Anthem11, Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  11:50:32 AM  

Hi Roxy,

Thank you for sharing the story of Anandatandava, I look forward to more contributions here in the forums.
-----------------

From Roxy, Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  1:39:37 PM  

Hi Anthem 11,

Thanks for your response. I (Roxy) am really writing for my brother, who is in prison, and who has no access to the internet. There are other threads from him--do a search for "roy in prison" and you'll get his original correspondence.

Roxy

AYPforum

From Anandatandava
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2010, 04:17:12 AM »
From Roy - Anandatandava, Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  9:43:28 PM

5468 from Roy - Anandatandava

As mentioned earlier I must stay on strict non-gluten, non-dairy diet to keep my Asperger's and Epilepsy symptoms at a manageable level. The prison provides me with special meals for which I am very grateful but they are a little shy of calories. In the past 2 years, I have gone from a 200lb body builder to a 150lb ascetic yogi. This dramatic change in lifestyle and mindset has had its challenges but due to the blossoming of my yogic practice, the net result has been an infinitely calmer and happier life. The crowning glory has been the discover of Yogani and AYP, through the book buying of my niece, a true Sarasvati.

There is one impish fly in this Eden and it prompts the following question: What Yogic techniques might help keep hunger from interfering from my spiritual practices? With no possessions to speak of, I identify with the Saddhus so I am wondering what they do in the dry spells between alms?

The fly can't follow me into ecstasy but when I return the samadhic roar is replaced by his pesky buzzing. I can stay deep enough to avoid him, but even my life has its servicing demands and I do have to maintain some semblance of normalcy. (laugh) Besides I love to write and that takes periods of half normal consciousness.

If I could afford to buy new food, Mr. Fly would encourage me to eat, but as things stand, I must seek alternative solutions. Celebacy was easy compared to this and I am beginning to resent the survival instinct of my own body.

I know this can be mentally overcome but I am casting about for ideas before tackling this head on. Wait... One answer lies in patanjal's yoga sutra (31) by making Sam Yama on the tube in the throat one stills hunger and thirst.

Any inputs would be appreciated. From Roy - happily surviving in prison.
--------------------------

From yogani, Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  11:12:19 AM  

quote:
I know this can be mentally overcome but I am casting about for ideas before tackling this head on. Wait... One answer lies in patanjal's yoga sutra (31) by making Sam Yama on the tube in the throat one stills hunger and thirst.

Hi Roy:

You might try adding that sutra to your core samyama practice, if doing. It is covered in the AYP Samyama book appendix in the research section.

The common translation from Sanskrit is "Trachea," which is the windpipe. If that seems not to be working, you might try "Esophagus," which is the gullet (behind the windpipe). There are specific instructions on doing sutra research in the mentioned appendix.

Also, some self-inquiry when those feelings come can help a lot. Byron Katie's book "Loving What Is" is recommended.

The self-inquiry is not for during other sitting practices though. If the sensation of hunger comes with accompanying thoughts and emotions during our deep meditation or spinal breathing pranayama session, we just ease back to the mantra, or the procedure of our spinal breathing.

You may come to view hunger sensations as symptoms of purification and opening, which they are. It is the "fasting effect," discussed in the AYP Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli book. So it is not necessarily a bad thing, assuming you are not experiencing ongoing malnutrition. It is part of your spiritual practice. Hello, friend Mr. Fly.

Of course, millions in modern society struggle with the hunger thing every day. You may have an advantage, in that you do not have a refrigerator filled with food close by.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
----------------------

From Etherfish, Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  7:27:28 PM

Roy -
I assume you are somehow getting this.
I don't know if you have any say in what they get you to eat, but if so, you might request "Quinoa"
instead of rice. It has to be rinsed, then cooked exactly like rice. You can use a rice cooker. But it contains no gluten, and is high in protein.
It's my new favorite as it is good for blood sugar problems because it doesn't dump sugar in your system (low glycemic index). It is the only grain to contain all amino acids necessary for humans.
It was a staple food of the Incas for 6000 years.
--------------------

From Akasha, Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  10:18:39 PM

Hey Ananadantava,
Or Roy, if you prefer,

I was goiing to make a gift through Amazon for your personal library :),but because your email adress was hidden on your profile i could'nt write one out ( i did try emailing the adress given though also)

You suggested your place does'nt allow books to be sent direct. Yeah they want to throw away the key and forget about folk on the inside . That is society's idea of 'retributive justice' for you. That is how behind we really are in our evolution as a humanity..Yes,these institutions reaally suck.

Good to see you back though. You were sorely missed and trust you will get any help you need here. Your presence and personality is very warm and convivial one.And ever so polite and humble.

You reallly light up this place with your contagious bhakti :)

Regarding your Q- in my view and it may sound silly but uddiyana bhanda is a really good digestive tonic, if you can resist any desire to eat that might arise immediately after doing it. You cn feel the surge of prana so hopefully that can keep hunger at bay.

Also if you look at times when food is short as an opportunity to fast,that can be psycholgically really helpful. Fastiing is a powerful method or tool and does actually work. You feeel alot better for it. The say advisable for uddiyana before, i think, and avoid food ( immediately) after. The doctors of old 19th century and beyond always knew about the healthy effects of it-somehow it seems to have been lost with the pharmacy approach to medicine-putting something in your system. Very ppurifiying, although the first day is by far the hardest;if you can get through this you can go to 4 days. Then wean yourself back on with all thhose fresh carrots in your fridge. Just like you see in 'Goodfellas' ( giant pheasant,venison and so forth). Or was it 'Goodfellas'? Wise-guys they were. I can just picture you doing youor yogic excercises with all the Big Dogs from Hell's Kitchen...Only kidding :)

AYPforum

From Anandatandava
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2010, 04:17:51 AM »
From Roy - Anandatandava, Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  9:31:00 PM  

"Sexual Trauma - Mulabandha"

"Prison Monk" Anandatandava here - I dunno--the following might help some others overcome PTSD/samskaras concerning sexual trauma.

Due to childrood sexual abuse, I couldn't quiet my mind while applying mulabandha, so trained ecstatic conductivity with no lower energy lock. But Yogani got me curious if I could fina a workaround, especially since I am now a far less anxious person (due to yoga). I considered the fact that I have had an ecstatic response to urination for years, the traditions predict this even during the calls of nature(due to stimulation of the vagus nerve) and so why not trying vajroli (constriction of urethra) during meditation. Success! In fact, I found that I can immediatly expand and move contraction to the perineum and even lightly include the anus, all without mental unrest. This is a great breakthrough for me! It's like recovering contact with parts of my body that have been "missing-in-action" most of my life. Women too may find that the sensation of a frontal sahajoli "urethra, clitoris" allows the subsequent inclusion of other areas without eliciting visceral flashbacks. In this way mental scar tissue can slowly be smoothed away.

Now the problem is getting used to the incredibly intense pillar of energy/sound that appears in me when I cork it off botom and top with mulabandha and knit-brow sambhavi mudra. Gads! What a dramatically different flavor of a dish I thought I knew so well. And here i was already having trouble staying upright during deep absorption (or whatever I should call where I go).

AYPforum

From Anandatandava
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2010, 04:22:21 AM »
From Roxy for Roy, Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  4:54:32 PM

From Prisonmonk--The power of Ahimsa

Prabhavananda, in a commentary on Patanjali 2:35: "Through ahimsa (harmlessness), the yogi creates an atmosphere around himself within which violence and enmity must cease to exist because they find no reciprocation." (See also 3:32 and 4:17)

In truth, liberation from fear and the compassionate smile it plants on my face have protected me from harm many times. Once, an inmate who had earlier attacked guards with a homemade sword was coming at me with a pipe. He got within five yards before my complete equanimity stopped him as softly as an angel's wing. Emotions played across his face: amazement, confusion, consternation. He looked accusingly at his pipe, as if it had betrayed him. So, he put it down and replaced it with alarger one. Confidence renewed, he continued his advance, but within three steps, faltered to a stop once again. We were face-to-face, but an unconquerable impasse had formed in his mind. How could he attack something he couldn't comprehend? I watched aggression drain from him, and he seemed to grow visibly smaller, like all demons that deflate along with the ego that supports them (both his and mine.) Serenity filled the room. We could easily have burst out laughing together, and the situation melted away.

Is the passive warding off of attack a siddhi? That thought expands the ego, so I prefer to consider these incidents a function of the higher "awake-ness" that comes with a rising tide of spiritual energy. Acting as neither threat nor prey throws a cloak of invisibility between oneself and danger, be it human, animal, or any other external or internal source. (What a predator cannot conceive, he cannot perceive.)

So, I face all demons as a reflection of my self that can be overcome with love and compassion. This would also apply had I been killed, for even that most terrible of all demons--the fear of death--has been completely tamed within me. What greater freedom and happiness can there be? I can no longer feel the victim of ANY fate. And, since this freedom stems from the yogic path fully opened to us by Yogani, ANYONE can now have it!

I'm not saying that mine was the best response for all people under all conditions. I could have run, but it never crossed by mind. It just seemed that all was remarkably well and as it should be. A fountain of kundalini was roaring in me and I seemed merely a witness to events. Is this lack of a self-preservation instinct taking one's spirituality too far? I think not. People have "sacrificed" themselves for an ideal since time immemorial. What would I be saving myself for anyway? Perhaps a few years of ignominious human infirmities before I dissolve into the infinity of Brahman? Is that a meaningful choice? Not for one who believes he experienced the other side of the veil in a new-death vision, and, now returns to it, in Samadhi...again...and again...and again. I may have spent my life in prison, but have missed nothing of importance, for I and the Universe are One.

There is also an "under the hood" explanation for my response to danger. It flows from the "mammalian threat response," which actually runs: FREEZE-fight-flight. This response is heavily influenced by the vagus nerve, which becomes particularly sensitized by AYP yoga (just one of many effects.) This, in turn, fires up the parasympathetic nervous system's love-making response (from S. Porges' Polyvagal Theory), which makes those "scared stiff" moments composed to outright pleasurabe. So, through yogic training, all of one's experiences become much more tranquil. You can even love your attacker, as in Christ's pleas: "Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do."

Thus, Yogani's statement "the guru is in you" is indeed true, not least of all in the physiology of your nervouse system. As I've said before, modern science is slowly verifying the ancient knowledge presented by Yogani, but is entirely too compartmentalized to ever fully tap the potential already available in AYPs 8-limbed yoga.

As always, these are only my opinions.

Anandatandave
---------------------

From adamantclearlight, Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  8:31:11 PM  

I'm a criminal defense attorney. I would like to share your writings with my in custody clients. In fact, I feel you should write a book about your experience. It would be transformative and healing for so many. I will help you if you like.

Adamant
-------------------

From Roxy for Roy, Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  10:32:48 PM

To Adamantclearlight: I respond in behalf of my brother, who because he is in prison, has no access to computers. I will relay your message to him when he calls. I have set up a Google-voice telephone number for him to use, which allows him to call me free of charge, and which, for people who don't know about it, is totally free for me also. Thank you for your reply. Being able to share his experience and the peace he has found through AYP yoga would bring him great satisfaction.

Roxy

AYPforum

From Anandatandava
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2010, 04:24:45 AM »
From Roy - Anandatandava, Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  1:55:03 PM

More on Mulabandha - Number 2

few days later; okay that double corked energy pillar is smoothing out now. at first it semmed to split the intensity in my crown between the anja in the front and the bindu in the top back, but now it's back to the feeling of a tight shower cap with a gas stove burner at the top- all its little flamelets dancing,tingling,and singing ecstatically away (moar like a roaring). years after this blossom that drapes like a cap, but whose petals stand upright when kundalini straightens "like a snake struck by a stick". that is just what it feels like! so this begs the question: what is that state? if samadhi, what level could contain that all encompassing,roaring,pulsating,divine flame, and nothing else? no thought, no image, no mantra can follow me in, but is this still "with seed"? subjectively, these states are unity with God, but realizing that they may merely be a quirk of my faulty brain wiring, i claim no spiritual merit. but they have nevertheless completely reshaped who i am, and for that i am grateful!

(This description is an oversimplification, for there are several distinct levels i enter via different routes over the course of the day: everything from a quick "zing" while heating coffee, to an absolutely overwhelming,thundering ungh! that can easily knock me down. i cant wait to describe them all, if you can possibly bear it for i'd like to understand my current position on tha path and determine how best to proceed with my peculiarities. perhaps no course correction is needed.

one of the changes that continues to occur is my backing away from seeking always greater intensity of experience. i used to be a hope to die addict, and had to learn the hard way that continually trying to push the envelope with kundalini truly does have its hazards (more on that in future postings). but as yogani predicts, ecstasy becomes more and more effortless and steady, blending seamlessly with an ocean of bliss that sneaks in like a slow tide, and then stays. where is the high watermark, if not here? how could life get any better?

I now only use intensification techniques to iniatially " kindle" tha flame on the days when i seem to require them. but i find i need to do less and less "pursuit" as time goes on. Here i quote Prabhavananda: " there is a saying of Sri Ramakrishna that one needs to continue fanning oneself on hot days, but that it becomes unnecessary when spring breeze blows. When one attains illumination, the breeze of grace is continually felt, and the fanning is no longer needed." Though i make no claims of such attainment, desires have fallen from me like sweaty clothes, and i now stand naked and refreshed in coaxing breezes, an innocent child again,barefoot in midsummers meadow.

adamantclearlight

• http://www.adamantclearlight.org
From Anandatandava
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2010, 04:44:56 AM »
I love this guy.

Adamant

Roxy

From Anandatandava
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2010, 11:08:41 PM »
This is Anandatandava's sister writing for him:  "Concerning a previous response about the "knitted brow" technique," the author of that response is the neice that bought me my first AYP book, opening a vast beautiful world to me.  Blessings to her, a true Saraswati.

Incidently, I learned that knitted brow method from Yogani, so I am interested in what Yogic school it came from.

I apologize for my difficulty in responding to people's individual comments in a reasonable time frame (or at all!)  It can take a very long time for me to know that someone has responded, but please trust that all comments are appreciated more than you can imagine.  

Akasha (and others), I need an eduation on what books to target.  For example when will the next Big Book come out?

yogani

• AYP Plus
From Anandatandava
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2010, 06:10:26 AM »
Hi Anandatandava:

"Knitted brow" is an aspect of Sambhavi Mudra (Lesson 56, plus others in the Topic Index), which is ancient and found under various names in many traditions, including in the Bible. It came to me from several sources and was integrated into the overall mix of the AYP system of practices on the basis of results.

As we know, no practice stands alone. It is so much about how practices are integrated together and optimized for good progress with comfort and safety. The AYP system is a baseline for this, and "self-pacing" is the means by which anyone can customize a daily routine of practice for best results on the individual level, as you are doing.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Roxy

From Anandatandava
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2010, 12:06:41 AM »
From Anandatandava, entered by his sister:

KEVALA KUMBHAKA

“Nothing in the three worlds is hard to win by one who masters Kevalakumbhaka”   The Hatha Yoga Pradipika

Yogani warns against the untutored use of external Kkumbhaka, and I can testify directly to his wisdom.  Prior to having a teacher, I tore an area of lung from the ribcage – twice – before caution overrode enthusiasn.  (Pulmonary reports available.)  Never said I was very bright!
   So I learned to avoid creating a strong vacuum in my lungs under any condition, and won’t apply a locked throat, yoni mudra, ujjayi, brahmari, or any other restriction after exhalation.  On the other hand, years of weight-training had conditioned me to avoid a fully locked throat after inhalation too, because it can increase intracranial pressure under heavy load, and I had hypertension before starting yoga.  So I’m paranoid about locking up yet.
   Thus it was that from the beginning I fell spontaneously into the use of a form of Kevala Kumbhaka, allowing the bandhas to hold the breath midway naturally.  I can then forget all about it, relax my mind into some other point of focus, and wait expectantly for Kundalini-Shakti to reach Shiva explosively in my sahasrar.
   For self-indulgent variety, I can choose to keep their interaction spread more richly through my body in the form of transcendent movement, in essence, “dancing with the gods”.  For this to happen, I don’t stay fully immobile beyond the first wash of flame, but allow micro-movements to express themselves.  (Bless you, Yogani, for informing me that others experience this wonder!)  This “unlocking changes brainwaves, incidentally, but for once I’ll restrain my scientific proclivities.
   I usually combine these approaches in a session, and less intensely in daily activities, changing the nature and depth of inner experience as befits external circumstance.
   With no hard lock on the breath in Kevala Kumbhaka,  I can restrain the prana forever, while micro-movements of my trunk “bleed” adequate air in and out without intent  (I’m lost in sensation!).  Sensation also leads me to go very low into the abdomen, even feeling my lower back ribs float outward.  (It takes some effort to overcome longstanding social inhibition over pooching the tummy out like that.)  I picture myself becoming a chubby Buddha (he was full of prana!) and quickly burst into a cask of flame in body and mind.  
   Paramedics call that downward push the Valsalva or vasovagal maneuver, using it to halt tachycardia by instructing the patient: “Push down like you’re going #2.”
   I usually cycle between this and the upward pull in uddiyana, compressing and releasing between the two in instinctual manner, massaging the vagus nerve and generating serpentine writhings appropriate to Kundalini.  This often explodes into irrepressible convulsive movement as I become lost in the full throes of love-making with Shakti on the inside!   (Forgive me, Yogani, but is this love affair an attachment, experiences to be moved beyond, or is it a goal to be further developed, as I hunger to do?)
   As befits my Sanskrit name, a lot of flowing hand mudras, hastas, shoulder rolls, trunk twisting/arching, head and eye movement appear even when I am seated.  These, and the luminous fluidity that appears within,  could never be taught to this clumsy dork who never engaged in anything involving coordination.  As I’ve mentioned before, these types of motions distinctly “shape” the energy sensations in my crown and beyond – marvelous!  More on that later.
   Yes, and now Yogani has given me many more ways of interacting wish the Divine…..
   When I first read about yogic stopping of the breath I was aghast and disbelieving, having a deep personal affinity for breathing.  But with patience and the right methods it becomes effortless, even automatic, and what a payoff!  Have no fear, for we are born with a CO2 sensor set for more sensitive than we need for safety.  Besides, the body will breathe when it absolutely must.  It gives false alarm signals at first, but you may be approaching things too aggressively.  Just stay fully relaxed and loving, like training a puppy, for that in itself slows the body’s metabolism and reduces oxygen demands.
   But I am a simple prison monk, so defer to Yogani in all things.

Akasha

From Anandatandava
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2010, 03:06:40 AM »
Hi Anandatandava:

I can send  you copies of books i have found useful, am finding useful on my path,and perhaps a few other resources herre & there.I suspect you may find them useful also.AYP , of course is a real treasure chest and a great portal for anyone.It  is great that this stuff is all online and interactions are possible with other practitoners etc,ecstatic devotees :)

The knitted brow technique does sound like a refinement or aspect of sambhavi mudra to me, like Yogani says.

As i say, i can send you practical manuals, obviously for awakening conciousness in a systematic progressive and balanced manner.I am less interrested personally right now in obscure treatises on metaphysics or abstruse schools of philosophical thought, as interesting as they might be. As i am sure you are too- You want the meat, not the fluff, so to speak.

So i can send you a few books and/or photocopies( i hope your prison accepts the latter as you suggessted at one point you might have been constrained by obscure over-drakonian rules . nothng surprises me about these places)

i can email you some of the titles i recommend beforehand(or suggest) unless you have clearer ideas of what you would like to receive or there is abook you want but don't have and feel it would help yoou on your path.It is entirely up to you  as it should be,but if you don't know what is out there then i'll send you what i think you should find helpful. As Yogani says all yoga practices are interconnected as is all of yoga but, i don't know, you might benefit from other tools in your toolbox. Every new practice is like a gift; it is how we integrate them that  can make the difference.

But i need a postal address of a recipient who can pass them along if your place forbids  a direct post.I would be very happy to do that. No big deal. The benefactors or friends/family that are posting your contributions here will need to email me  a postal adresss.Just click on my profile and send  these details to 'Email Akasha'.

Sounds to me like your Kundalini  is in full swing.........

Thanks,

& enjoying your contributions and  poetic  descriptions of  ecstatic experiences...

Yours sincerely,

Love Akasha[8D]