Author Topic: Kundalini Overload: Grounding/Front Channel Block  (Read 31135 times)

satish77

Kundalini Overload: Grounding/Front Channel Block
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2013, 03:11:26 PM »
Hi friends,
I am a new member and recently started doing meditation.
The problem is that my digestion has gone down very much suddenly.

Will throat dilation help me?
I did not understand how to do throat dilation.Please explain how you do it.
Also should I avoid studying because it will direct energy toward my head?
Please help, its been 2 days and I haven't got good bowels.
Satish

mathurs

« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2013, 01:26:50 AM »
Hello Ddingal,
Try the neti as suggested by lucid. Also a drop of cows ghee in each nostril will clear blockages.

mathurs

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2013, 01:30:21 AM »
Hello Satish,
What sort of a meditation routine do you follow? Have you seen the doctor / pharmacist for your stomach problems?

I am not sure what throat dilation practice is.

Studying will not affect energy direction.

satish77

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2013, 04:58:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mathurs

Hello Satish,
What sort of a meditation routine do you follow? Have you seen the doctor / pharmacist for your stomach problems?

I am not sure what throat dilation practice is.

Studying will not affect energy direction.

Breathing meditation.
I am 100% sure the problem is because of meditation.
Please see the first post of this thread...the slow digestion is one of the symptoms.
Also throat dilation is also described in the first post of this thread by "Jim and His karma".But I cant understand how to do it.

I have tried some of his tips and now the problem is cured a bit.

I did following things:
Did not do meditation .
Walking barefooted while feeling the sensation in feet.
Tapping from head to stomach.

budhi

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2013, 12:39:02 AM »
Hi,my friend is suffering for kundalini problem from a long period.he is getting angry very often and not able to take decissions easily.but he is very nice person by heart.

please help and give suggestion for this problem.

vd007

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2013, 07:14:29 AM »
Hi Jim,

Do the chinese herbs still work for head pressure and kundalini symptoms? Or have they stopped working like other natural medicines which work for a few days/ weeks and then stop working and one is back to square one

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2013, 01:19:32 PM »
The herbs aren't a "fix". They're just one useful prong in a multi-pronged effort.

But I've been on the herbs for years now (I do take a day or two off per week, and a week or two off per season, etc), and I do feel they've been helpful. And not just for kundalini overload issues, but for the underlying physical/energetic issues which led to the kundalini overload issues (it's important to remember that kundalini, in and of itself, isn't the problem; it's your body's handling of it). I'd suggest approaching the herbal angle from that perspective....fixing an underlying body issue. And it is, alas, slow going.

I'd urge you to stick with traditional chinese herbs, and to approach your herbologist as suggested in the first posting on this thread. Don't talk about yoga or channels or kundalini, you'll just confuse the person. Go to a real chinese herbalist, stay quiet, and let them diagnose you via pulse. If they ask, describe your symptoms, but only in a down-to-earth physical way ("headache", etc).

apatride

• http://interioraterrae.tumblr.com
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2013, 05:19:05 PM »
I've been told that visualizing roots goind deep into earth from the feet is a good way for fast grounding. SO far it seems to help, faster and more conveniently than walking.

Have you any insight about this technique Jim?

(sorry if this had been already mentionned here...)

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2013, 11:41:48 AM »
apatride, you're definitely on the right track. "Grounding" can be quite a literal process, as you've found! Yogani, and others, practices tai chi for a similar effect (if you'er deeply in tai chi, it's all about that deep earth rootedness).

Another thing to try, with extreme caution (i.e. don't do it too much, don't obsess, don't make big changes, just something to fool around with a little bit well outside of practices) is to visualize a downward flow of energy on the inhalation, and upward on exhalation. Doing it more than a little (or, heaven forbid, doing it during or soon before/after AYP practice) will screw with your pranayama. But little bits of it once in a while can ream out some of the bumpies.

As I said in a different thread, this is stuff for people at the end of their ropes. Really, it's best to just let the cosmic barber cut your hair as he will, rather than poke around and tinker. Poking and tinkering are means of holding on, and yoga's about letting go!

apatride

• http://interioraterrae.tumblr.com
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2013, 12:07:38 PM »
For now I'm just self pacing, SBP is again too soon to be handled. Just doing some visualization grounding.

BTW tHanks for all your advices Jim, for 2 years now I've been dealing with strong pressures in the head (Ajna located) and your presence here is precious!

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2013, 04:10:30 AM »
SBP is a double edged sword. It's the best thing out there for evening out energy flow in the body, but I do understand how the upward part can feel like bringing hot coals to a forest fire (sorry, not my best metaphor).

But  rather than abandon SBP entirely, I'd suggest experimenting with micro SBP. Do it for just 30 seconds at a time. If you start with virtually nothing, and ratchet up the duration every couple weeks (by maybe 15 seconds?), you may discover you do have some headroom to include the practice (there's a lot of spectrum between "something" and "nothing"!) and get the evening-out benefits.

This is the very essence of self-pacing. Just keep ratcheting up until your inner guru tells you you're pushing the edge. Stay there...or go down a notch. But I'd suggest really waiting a week or two before increasing, because effects of these changes can be delayed. So don't just judge results the day you make a change...view them the day after and a couple days after, too, when evaluating if you should increase again.

If even that's too much, try 10 seconds. 5 seconds. 1 second. Like a mafioso trying to bribe someone, everyone's got a number they find they can be comfortable with!

BTW, lots of the AYP practices can be done this way....in micro version. To interesting effect. As Yogani keeps saying, "less can be more".

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2013, 05:59:54 AM »
Update to my original posting. Six years later, I have no kundalini symptoms, no headache, no problem withstanding upward energy, no trapped energy in the head or jaw. It all distributes pretty evenly.

One symptom remained, however: my kundalini rash. Here's how I fixed that.

lalow33

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2013, 06:50:13 AM »
Hi Jim,

Are you still around?  Is your blood pressure under control?

I have a newly awakened kundalini.  I've been having trouble with head and jaw aches, mainly on the left side.  I've been diagnosed with hypertension.  I have a few months to change my lifestyle before meds are prescribed.  I've seen some articles online that say that these symptoms are common and shouldn't be treated, they'll resolve without medication.

I've been favoring pitta foods mainly to help with the heat.  Vata foods during emotional storms.  I will reduce my salt and fat.  It 's a lot to keep in mind!

I'm sensitive to practices;  I can only do 15 min of breath meditation.  My throat now feels like there's a lump.  I know some of the AYP practices can help, but I can do zero pranayama right now.  

I'm in my 30's.  My weight is considered healthy.  I've been walking and doing standing postures everyday.  My yoga teacher told me to do horse stance and keep my tongue on the roof of my mouth during practice.  It helps some.

Sorry to be do whiny!  I think you understand.  I can't tell my doc about the kundalini.  I don't know where to go.  Back to the doctor? An Ayurvedic doctor for dosha imbalance?  A Chinese herbalist?

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2013, 02:56:32 AM »
A lot of what you're asking is already answered in the long message that started this thread. So I'll direct you to that. Most importantly, I've suggested chinese herbs for both blood pressure and kundalini problems. I'd suggest not leaving your blood pressure untreated. I'd suggest treating it with Chinese herbs per my explanation in that posting. As I wrote, it's worked well for me.

As for the rest:

if you're having asymmetric symptoms (i.e. left side problems), practice spinal twists, and try to direct more attention to the OTHER side (the one with fewer problems). To resolve things, the first thing that's necessary is for the right side to exhibit the same problems.

When you say you've been favoring pitta foods, either you're misspeaking or you're doing exactly the wrong thing. Pitta foods are foods that increase heat, and thus will worsen your problem. Yogani has a lesson on this, and the internet is full of basic instructions of ayurveda. You need to eat foods that reduce pitta. Perhaps that's what you meant. If not, you need to calm down, focus, learn, and proceed prudently.

As for switching to "vata foods" (perhaps you mean vata reducing foods?), this is the wrong approach. Ayurveda is a holistic approach to be taken over time. It's not like pills you take in the moment to address this or that. To switch diet to try to fix momentary issues is to misunderstand and misuse ayurveda. Same for wildly switching practices - e.g. flailing for an AYP practice to help with your throat lump. That's not how to do it. Stick with a well-balanced series of practices, and self-pace if you have issues. You clearly have issues, so whatever length you're practicing needs to be reduced much further.

I'd suggest you refrain from wildly and impulsively flailing to extreme actions. Favor moderation, and be circumspect and prudent in your actions. Repeat: favor moderation. Extremism is what brought you to this point. Don't fight a fire with more fire.

And don't look for someone to fix you. It doesn't work that way. Scale back your practices a good bit. Calm down. Ground yourself (e.g. with some of the steps I suggested). Simplify. Chill out. Take everything down a notch. Don't make this a trip. The worry, the flailing, the agitation, the "doing", the focus on the problem is all making it worse. Let it play out over your essential inner calmness, just as the other trials and tribulations of the world do likewise.

Anyway, that's my advice. I hope it helps.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 02:57:39 AM by Jim and His Karma »

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2013, 03:32:25 AM »
Also, I notice you've been posting a bunch around here. My suggestion is that you not make yoga/spirituality a "hobby" (much less a self image). Do your daily practices, but otherwise put your attention on engaging in the world (including walking and other physical stuff). Resist the urge to do lots of yoga thinking/speculating/mulling/discussing/kindred spirit seeking, etc. That's sort of the uber grounding tip. You don't need to think about it all.

That's something Yogani suggested to me years back, and I see now that he was right. Spirituality is for practice time. Devote the rest to living, action, interaction, worldly stuff. Eventually, it all becomes the same thing, anyway.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:34:03 AM by Jim and His Karma »