Author Topic: Wings in the etheric body?  (Read 6753 times)

SeySorciere

Wings in the etheric body?
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2010, 06:47:40 PM »
Thank you Christi and all others for this beautiful and interesting topic. It makes my heart light on this dreary, stressed-filled Monday morning

wigswest

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2010, 07:01:04 AM »
I had read somewhere (sorry, can't site, it was quite a while ago) that what humans interpret as "wings" are actually powerful energy cords, just as you experienced, Christi - (and as a highly-developed crown chakra can be seen as a halo)...interesting stuff to think about, a great experience for you :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 07:03:17 AM by wigswest »

miguel

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2010, 08:18:10 AM »
Wonderful experience![:)]

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2010, 02:06:18 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by wigswest

I had read somewhere (sorry, can't site, it was quite a while ago) that what humans interpret as "wings" are actually powerful energy cords, just as you experienced, Christi - (and as a highly-developed crown chakra can be seen as a halo)...interesting stuff to think about, a great experience for you :)

Hi Wigwest,

Yes, when they appeared on me they were about the size of a golden eagles wings and as you say, formed by a collection of energy cords or strands. Interestingly, the angels I have met also have bodies formed by strands of energy.

It was a few years ago now that I first saw my wings and have not seen them since, but funnily enough, they started to re-appear last week, just as this thread got re-opened. [8D]

Hi Ananda,

Great that you have seen yourself as an angel. Scenery, reality, who knows? [:)]

"We are an in-between species on the evolutionary scale. In-between the animal kingdoms and the divine being kingdoms. We are a species in transition." [Yogani] (from lesson T10)

I am sure you already have the qualities of an angel. As I'm sure you know, the heart is more important than the wings. [;)]

Christi
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:37:46 AM by Christi »

Smileyogi

• http://kriptodanny.blogspot.com/
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2010, 07:53:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi everyone.
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced wings in their etheric body? Whilst doing a solo "retreat mode" AYP practice, I experienced a huge rush of energy up my back. 2 Chakras opened, one on each shoulder blade, and energy started pouring out of them, flowing upwards and outwards and then dropping back down, forming two "wings" on either side of my body, extending out several feet from my body on either side, and rising to about a foot above my shoulders.
Christi

Hi Christi..
I believe those are the left/right chi channels overflowing..in higher stages,the sahasrara integrates them in a huge ball of energy/light,and you get the Horus look(horns of wisdom).
This is because the energy flowing down from sahasrara,left and right.
But some people feel them on their shoulders,as integration on top of the head(the radiant aura) has not happened yet.
Bill Bodri explains a bit about this on http://www.meditationexpert.com/yoga-kung-fu/y_christian_tongues_of_fire_chi_purification.htm

quote:
"Then one day in meditation, due to a special form of the skeleton meditation I practice, one of those etheric flames appeared on my left shoulder blade (LEFT is the chi side of the body). About an hour later another one appeared on the right shoulder blade, because the two shoulders opened up at different times. Then later, another one appeared on the top of my head (that one I couldn't see but could feel)."

Anyway..glad you're becoming an angel Christi...
Much love to you.
Danny
ps..As I recall,the Zen master Hakuin had big issues with the energy overflowing from his shoulders..when he was over-exerting himself in meditation..finally he got some Taoist master to help him release the stagnant energy,by telling him to do some pranayama type exercises,and he was fine.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:52:42 PM by Smileyogi »

Christi

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2010, 10:21:08 PM »
quote:
Anyway..glad you're becoming an angel Christi...
Much love to you.
Danny

Thanks Danny. [:)]

Delara

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2011, 07:14:55 PM »
I've developed white feather wings during meditation.It's alrite as scenery.
When the sensation of those wings on the shoulder blades  continued during the rest period after meditation,that's when I started to doubt my sanity.

thank you for this post,it's a relief!
<3

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2011, 08:35:22 PM »
Thank you for sharing and opening up again this beautiful topic which is filled with the sent of mystic...

delta33

• http://www.starbelt.ca
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2011, 01:21:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced wings in their etheric body? Whilst doing a solo "retreat mode" AYP practice, I experienced a huge rush of energy up my back. 2 Chakras opened, one on each shoulder blade, and energy started pouring out of them, flowing upwards and outwards and then dropping back down, forming two "wings" on either side of my body, extending out several feet from my body on either side, and rising to about a foot above my shoulders. At the same time I "grew" into my etheric body, becoming golden, and about 6 inches taller than I normally am.

I found the whole experience quite disturbing.

I am wondering if anyone else has felt this?

yes.. although i quite enjoy the feeling myself

quote:
Are they really wings?

maybe..

quote:
And if so, what are they for?

that is an excellent question indeed..

quote:
I am also confused as there is no mention of humans having etheric wings in any of the yogic literature that I have seen, or even of chakras on the shoulder blades?

it is the wise sage who burns all his books

hint: those gods are actually you at some point even if they have blue skin

quote:
Anyone got any ideas?

angelic light body?  

that is only a guess

wings tend to show up a lot in christian archetypes
fairies, pixies and the like are magical creatures shown with wings in some folklore
hindu literature abounds with stories of gods having wars in flight (in the air)
many mythological gods and heros learn or know the secret to flight

it is rather curious..

Swan

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2011, 02:54:28 PM »
Thank you aaall for this excellent post...

My little experience with wings are bit on the funnier side. I at times got one wing at ajna, exactly where I expected to have an eye someday [:p]. And I could even flap it also, in the sense, that if I turn my head to the right, it will softly touch left side of my forehead, and vice versa. I feel it through the little cold breeze it produces. It's one of the very pleasant sceneries.

Now I do not know that how badly I need a wing on my forehead [:D] to proceed with spirituality, and no idea about what it may mean. I just enjoy it when I find it then let it go. Please share if you have any idea about this.

The artist you were discussing about in the first page is Alex Grey I believe. Following are some links showing his work. Wikipedia has an interesting article on him.

some paintings: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=alex+grey&qs=n&sk=&form=QBIR#x0y339
Girl looking at the moon: http://alexgrey.net/a-gallery/wndr.html
Oversoul: http://shop.cosm.org/oversoul.aspx

I find his works amazingly deep reaching. Enjoy [:)]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:06:20 PM by Swan »

Christi

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2011, 07:00:26 PM »
Hi Dawncalling,

What you are experiencing is the energetic form of the ajna chakra. It is a cone shaped spinning form of energy (prana), with the smaller point touching your forehead, and the larger aspect moving away from your body. It has an electromagnetic aspect.

The "eye" aspect of the third eye is centred more towards the centre of your head (pineal gland) and around the shushumna nadi.

Thanks for the Alex Grey links. [:)]

miguel

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2011, 09:01:30 PM »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am also confused as there is no mention of humans having etheric wings in any of the yogic literature that I have seen, or even of chakras on the shoulder blades?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are statues of angels in hinduism also. I saw them in an asiatic museum in France last year and i took some photos.[:)]

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2011, 12:45:42 AM »
Don't know how this is related, but I've been having some real changes going on during the last few days in my aura... It seems like it's radiating more or I don't know what, there's just a lot of scenery going on.. One of which spread like fire from the sushumna and outwards on both sides and it expelled all form of negative energies around the place where I was... It made me feel that the wings are only a little part and there's much more concerning the body's radiance never mention our consciousness which unites us with everything.

Love,
Ananda

bewell

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2011, 12:50:33 AM »
I have noticed not only that as the good book says, "A kind word turns away wrath," but also that a kind gesture, a kind way of being in one's body (including the subtle body), a kind intention do the same.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 12:52:04 AM by bewell »

Delara

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2011, 06:26:16 AM »
Being at the museum lately I've remembered this subject.Looking at the sarcophagus and statues there carved with human-with-wings.What I noticed also is the presence of snake and the disc of sun above some figures-supposedly gods-.some of these collections are from 10th or 11th century before BC.
When I reached "Sarcophagus of Ahiram " :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahiram ,I heard a continuous drum sound coming from inside myself and i could identify it with my left ear.It was pleasant and kept me silent for sometimes.
just felt like sharing this info.
Would like to point out that I personally don't consider the possibility that these wings I felt are there...I accept the explanation that it might be scenery due to energy flowing in the spinal chord.Specially that I felt energy movement afterward in the shoulder blades.
Alrite :)I'm writing these words and I remember writing it before....Sigh

Love;
Delara