Author Topic: practice once a day  (Read 667 times)

naplesward

practice once a day
« on: September 13, 2011, 01:44:19 AM »
I have been practicing Yoga for 25 years and using the AYP system for about a year now. Every where I read about practicing twice a day, but for me it feels like I am forcing it to get the extra practice session in. I been doing yoga for about an hour every day for over 20 years with good results. It's seem like when I try twice a day I get symptom overloads and also take time away from my family to be self absorbed. For me, my best routine is to practice once in the morning and then forget about myself and go out and serve. Occasionally I practice twice if I find myself alone with no responsibilities or I set up a retreat situation, but that is rare.What do you think? Does anyone else have any ideas or opinions about this?

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
practice once a day
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 01:57:19 AM »
If this is what is flowing right now, go with it. Just be open to the idea, that it may change, and if it does, go with that.
[:)]

PS: Also, in the evening, you don't have to do a full session... you can do just a 10 min meditation and 10 min rest if that helps.
It's not a case of all or nothing, even a little bit goes a long way. But if it makes you feel overloaded, then just stay with one session for now.
[:)]

naplesward

practice once a day
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 02:12:34 AM »
Thanks Shanti. I know the Guru is within but sometimes outside confirmation helps. I have been experimenting with a brief second session. 10 min DM 5 rest or 5 SB 10 DM 5 reat. For me at this point it is family and career responsibilities rather than overload that is keeping me from twice a day. Thanks again.

nearoanoke

practice once a day
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 03:19:36 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by naplesward

Thanks Shanti. I know the Guru is within but sometimes outside confirmation helps.

Well the Guru is within but he wont respond till enough inner silence comes up [:)]

So till then we need all the outside gurus

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
practice once a day
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 12:34:55 PM »
Or not - just practice and grow your bhakti.