Author Topic: A Good Laugh  (Read 723 times)

Tommy

A Good Laugh
« on: January 06, 2011, 02:06:19 AM »
I realized this morning, with a hearty laugh, that my ego is in no hurry to have it's bull-sh*t recognized for what it is.  And I mean that in the nicest possible way!

Balance

• http://noplanezen.blogspot.com/
A Good Laugh
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 03:27:52 AM »
[:D]

jeff

A Good Laugh
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 05:44:00 AM »
Great point.  We all need to learn to be able to laugh at ourselves.

sagebrush

A Good Laugh
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 06:45:43 AM »
that is funny tommy.

and along those lines I dream of a large container of my sh*t. although in the dream I recognize it as me taking spoonfuls out of the container as if to remove it..and I see in a subtle way that it is very disgusting and futile. upon awakening and reviewing it..it makes me cry terribly and then realize that I would need somethingmuch larger than a spoon.[:p]

Thank God I see the G.I. doctor again, today.

Chiron

A Good Laugh
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 05:49:43 PM »
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  aaaah

sagebrush

A Good Laugh
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 08:37:19 AM »

first visit, I was wondering if I would fall into silence..just like I read here with someones visit to the urologist. I  only noticed cotton-mouth from the idea of a sigmoidoscopy...an unscheduled one.

amitryptyline prescription

second visit

more amitryptyline.

I can laugh at my own sh*t, but it can be serious business at times.

and  dealing with this  since before 1997

kefir

why would I not take better care of myself?

open to some funny suggestions on this quark.

HathaTeacher

A Good Laugh
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 03:51:03 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy

I realized this morning, with a hearty laugh, that my ego is in no hurry to have it's bull-sh*t recognized for what it is.  And I mean that in the nicest possible way!

A great post.
Some people read book after book after book on detachment, others practice some self irony :-)
Enjoy!

tomllee

A Good Laugh
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 05:37:57 AM »
Moments like that laugh, which was barely my own, are few and far between.  But wonderful in their clarity when they pop up and full of hope.  And then back to the amazing and seemingly endless bullsh*t!

vijikr

A Good Laugh
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 05:40:52 AM »
[:D][:D][:p][:D]

Yonatan

A Good Laugh
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 10:04:23 AM »
<3

Phaedris

A Good Laugh
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 04:31:17 PM »
It took me over six years to be able to laugh at myself [:)]  It's now an important tool in my spiritual tool kit.

It's all lila (लीला) - the divine dance.  Dance, sing and laugh while you can while we're on this brief, beautiful glorious journey. [:D][:D][:D]

It is my understanding that all spiritual paths contain within them what I call traps.  It's important to be serious about your spiritual practice, but the trap with seriousness (Buddhists call it "near enemy") is heaviness, morbidity, despair, inaction.

Laughter is freeing and energizing.  

Namaste,
Phaedris
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 05:25:49 PM by Phaedris »