Author Topic: forgiveness etc  (Read 3552 times)

Lili

forgiveness etc
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2010, 11:19:42 PM »
Hi Christi,

Why is holding on to stuff a problem? I don't see anything wrong with holding on to the stuff that you like. What's the problem with this? Cheers, Lili

yogani

• AYP Plus
forgiveness etc
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2010, 12:16:12 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Lili

Hi Christi,

Why is holding on to stuff a problem? I don't see anything wrong with holding on to the stuff that you like. What's the problem with this? Cheers, Lili

Hi Lili:

Nothing wrong with enjoying life, while knowing that all things pass. It makes life all the more precious and sacred. But "holding on" to it leads to disappointment, because circumstances will change. As the Buddha taught, "Attachment is the root of all suffering."

To hold on or not to hold on is not a mental exercise. It isn't like that. When it is viewed this way, it is "non-relational" (in the mind, not in stillness), and will lead to even more suffering. The way to have everything and be bound by nothing is to cultivate and come to live in the permanence of abiding inner silence, becoming the essence of stillness in action. Then life is a flow of loving joy in all things, and there is no suffering in the constant comings and goings of life.

The guru is in you.

Lili

forgiveness etc
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2010, 10:49:28 PM »
Hi Yogani,

Thanks--it seems cultivating permanent abiding inner silence can take decades if not more. Guess all forum members here are busy with a daily practice so working towards this, present company included.

I was just testing the water in case someone found a shortcut in the meantime [:o)]

Cheers,
Lili
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:50:12 PM by Lili »

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
forgiveness etc
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2010, 05:02:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Lili

Hi Christi,

Yogani said it a lot better than I could have done. Thanks Yogani. [:)]

quote:

I was just testing the water in case someone found a shortcut in the meantime

There is only one shortcut, and that's devotion. If you can cultivate intense desire for truth, then you can bypass a lot of the other sadhana.

As to how to cultivate intense desire for truth (bakti)... it sounds like you've got it already.

All the best,

Christi

Lili

forgiveness etc
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2010, 12:47:23 AM »
Hi Christi,

If your position is that everything is OK as it is what are we doing here? Let's close down the forum pack our bags and get busy being happy with everything as it is [:o)].

If anyone has any useful tool or hint to add concerning the issues as listed in this thread plase ignore the party line and post it here [:D]

Cheers, Lili

amoux

forgiveness etc
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2010, 08:52:58 PM »
Lili - it just occurred to me that it might be helpful for you to do shadow work on this?  I'm a member of an online group that does this - led by Scott Kiloby.  If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you the details.

Basically shadow work is about identifying traits in others that are disturbing to us, and then we do the shadow work 1-2-3 process on it.  It's very freeing - I recently did this on 'bullying' - and it was effective for me.  Maybe it might be worth doing the process on 'cheating'?

Just had the idea it might be useful for you [:)]

Lili

forgiveness etc
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2010, 02:08:33 AM »
Hi Amoux--thanks for that. Sure pls send me the details [:)] Cheers, Lili

amoux

forgiveness etc
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2010, 03:04:59 AM »
Hi Lili - here's a link to Scott's (quite lengthy!) article about shadows and shadow work.  He suggests reading that first, before starting the process (or read a few threads in the group to get an idea of how it works):

http://www.kiloby.com/writings.php?offset=0&writingid=263

The group is on Yahoo, and is called Kiloby's Closet of Shadows [:)]  Here's a link:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KilobysShadows/

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:05:24 AM by amoux »