Author Topic: ghosts or aliens while in meditation  (Read 1584 times)

emc

ghosts or aliens while in meditation
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 02:29:38 AM »
Neli, as I see it, that's what this whole spiritual journey is about... finding out what's REAL and what's not, what's True and not. The constant asking is a form of inquiry. Based in stillness it is a great way to go deeper. If it is not based in stillness it may become an annoying mind loop, and this is very difficult to figure out with the mind. For me, it just dawned on me, without warning.

If you haven't read Yogani's book "Self-Inquiry" I'd recommend it. There it is nicely described what is real and not real and how we go towards being able to discriminate between the two by cultivating our inner silence in deep meditation.

Thank you, ananda!

neli

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 05:46:05 PM »

emc,

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to figure out many things since the beginning of this journey that is life.

I understand stillness like the alertness of the shaman, am I right?
I mean a shaman is always alert to the smallest thing, being in a kind of ecstasy and stillness at the same time.

I was a practicioner of shamanism for many years, long back,(natural shaman, without drugs) and I don't know if alertness and stillness are the same thing, maybe I'm wrong. Everything is real in the different worlds that we journey and has a meaning, even if they don't exist in our reality, and of course they might be in our mind, but they can be sometimes very physical, altough we know that they are not.

Kundalini is very different from shamanism, altough several K gurus, affirm that Shamanism is stronger than Kundalini, but in my experience I can say that its the contrary, Kundalini is stronger, cause it is a energy that has its own intelligence, and one can feel it very well.

The shaman is always exposed to another "vibes" and has to be always on alert. and the K energy, works by itself, we don't have to do anything, it reacts immediately when one is in danger.

But the initial process is different, well of course each person's process is different. In shamanism one have to break oneself from the beginning, and this is very painful, the contrary of the K energy, that has only symptoms, well not counting Gopi Krishna's experience.But is the only way that the *true self* can be released.
Very similar to breaking the ego, but in the K path, not even the Gurus, break the ego, and in shamnism, the Path forces you to break it, even if you resist, the more you resist the more pain you feel.
And I don't wish that pain not even for my worst enemy.

I'll try to get the book in this place.

thanks for the tip.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by emc

Neli, as I see it, that's what this whole spiritual journey is about... finding out what's REAL and what's not, what's True and not. The constant asking is a form of inquiry. Based in stillness it is a great way to go deeper. If it is not based in stillness it may become an annoying mind loop, and this is very difficult to figure out with the mind. For me, it just dawned on me, without warning.

If you haven't read Yogani's book "Self-Inquiry" I'd recommend it. There it is nicely described what is real and not real and how we go towards being able to discriminate between the two by cultivating our inner silence in deep meditation.

Thank you, ananda!

Nirodha

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 12:45:10 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by neli

I always have seen "beings" or kind of ghosts, or dimensional beings while in meditation, Is this normal? Are they real ?

Yes, it's quite normal for someone in Meditative Absorption (Samadhi/Jhana) to have such experiences.

I wouldn't concern myself with whether these beings are real or not in a physical sense. Whether they exist in the depths of one's psyche, or another dimension of space-time, I can't say with any certainty. And, I don't think it really matters anyway.

In Buddhist cosmology these beings are categorized and referred to by various names: devas (shining ones), asuras (warring gods) and petas (hungry ghosts) to name a few. And, the realms they are said to inhabit are layered and referred to as Lokas.

For more information, please refer to the following URL:
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dhamma/sagga/loka.html

Personally, if they offered me gifts, I'd accept them. If one does I suspect one will find that their level of meditation will deepen significantly. I had similar encounters as well. However, I've never been offered gifts. Instead, I've had beings thrust or throw objects at me; like spears or orbs - yes, it did, and still does, make me flinch every time. And, when these spears and orbs struck and entered me, I was instantly drawn into a deeper level of Meditative Absorption.

Best
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 02:11:15 AM by Nirodha »

neli

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 10:10:05 PM »

I was in Jhanas, and still I practice this meditation, cause I love the Nimittas, I love to play with them, but now they are bigger and more stable, and are like getting very near to me, like if wanting to take me, like a big orb engulfing me, and when this happens, ecstasy is stronger.

Recently I have seen beings walking very fast, so fast,that I just can see a white shade, they are like in another frequency, and they can be seen like a white shade, maybe they are the devas, as you mentioned.

I think the gifts that they have given me are the nimittas, that now are trying to engulf me, like trying to take me to another level of consciousness, or place, or I don't know, cause when this happens I lost my physical senses, I cannot feel my body, or hear. Sometimes they make appear coins, near me, and I know that they are giving me that, don't know why. Sometimes they or the energy, plays the drums that I have, and the strange thing is that I don't hear them, but my son can, and I don't explain myself how can he hear something that I cannot, very strange, I think this is the work of the white shades, I don't think they are ghosts, but people in another dimension or frequency. This is very strange for me, that a sound can be heard by someone outside the house where I do my meditation, and I can't hear anything, sometimes a blow, but only that. Maybe the beings don't want me to be frighten. I think I'm seeing the shining people, like if they want me to see them, that's what I feel.

Do you mean the spears are like energy, I suppose. I only have felt and saw the big orbs or nimittas, is the same thing for me.

thanks for the link.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by Nirodha

quote:

I always have seen "beings" or kind of ghosts, or dimensional beings while in meditation, Is this normal? Are they real ?

Yes, it's quite normal for someone in Meditative Absorption (Samadhi/Jhana) to have such experiences.

I wouldn't concern myself with whether these beings are real or not in a physical sense. Whether they exist in the depths of one's psyche, or another dimension of space-time, I can't say with any certainty. And, I don't think it really matters anyway.

In Buddhist cosmology these beings are categorized and referred to by various names: devas (shining ones), asuras (warring gods) and petas (hungry ghosts) to name a few. And, the realms they are said to inhabit are layered and referred to as Lokas.

For more information, please refer to the following URL:
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dhamma/sagga/loka.html

Personally, if they offered me gifts, I'd accept them. If one does I suspect one will find that their level of meditation will deepen significantly. I had similar encounters as well. However, I've never been offered gifts. Instead, I've had beings thrust or throw objects at me; like spears or orbs - yes, it did, and still does, make me flinch every time. And, when these spears and orbs struck and entered me, I was instantly drawn into a deeper level of Meditative Absorption.

Best

Nirodha

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
Hi neli,

Any of the objects I've had thrust or thrown at me by these beings have almost always been shiny or glowing. And, yes, I refer to them as Nimittas also.

Best

neli

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »

Hi Nirodha

I really love the Nimittas, but I know that one must not be fixed on that, but even Buddha was taken by the nimittas to see and feel high levels of consciousness, so I think they have a big role to the enlightenment path.

I liked very much the info about devas, I think the shiny ones  are appearing to me, hope also they can trhow me something that glows to know them better.

My best
Neli

quote:

Hi neli,

Any of the objects I've had thrust or thrown at me by these beings have almost always been shiny or glowing. And, yes, I refer to them as Nimittas also.

Best

Nirodha

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 08:46:44 PM »
quote:

Hi Nirodha

I really love the Nimittas, but I know that one must not be fixed on that, but even Buddha was taken by the nimittas to see and feel high levels of consciousness, so I think they have a big role to the enlightenment path.

My best
Neli

Hi neli,

I think it depends on what you're referring to when you wrote "one must not be fixed on that". The reason I say this is because it's skillful to pay attention to Nimittas, and make them one's new object of meditation once they arise, if one wishes to deepen their level of Meditative Absorption (Samadhi/Jhana). The Buddha even addressed the subject of Nimittas, and their usages, in several Suttas.

Here's a URL to an essay, by a former associate of mine, that discusses Nimittas and their usage:

The characteristic manifestations of absorption, Jhana-Nimitta
http://www.greatwesternvehicle.org/jhananimitta.htm

Best

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 08:58:49 PM by Nirodha »

neli

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 07:15:57 PM »

Hi Nirodha,

Thanks for the link and for the info. I didn't know it was skillfull to pay attention to Nimittas, it's hard not to see them when they appear, mostly when they move and wants to engulf us. What I know is that Buddha used the Nimittas to deepen his meditation or to pass to another level of consciousness, and the Nimittas are trying to engulf me to take me to another level of consciousness, I think my fear is gonne (to be taken by the nimittas)

I appreciate a lot your info, thanks.

Neli

quote:

quote:

Hi Nirodha

My best
Neli

Hi neli,

I think it depends on what you're referring to when you wrote "one must not be fixed on that". The reason I say this is because it's skillful to pay attention to Nimittas, and make them one's new object of meditation once they arise, if one wishes to deepen their level of Meditative Absorption (Samadhi/Jhana). The Buddha even addressed the subject of Nimittas, and their usages, in several Suttas.

Here's a URL to an essay, by a former associate of mine, that discusses Nimittas and their usage:

The characteristic manifestations of absorption, Jhana-Nimitta
http://www.greatwesternvehicle.org/jhananimitta.htm

Best