Author Topic: Kundalini  (Read 799 times)

madhuheal

Kundalini
« on: August 28, 2008, 06:22:35 PM »
Dear Yagani,

In India,there are some yogis/persons are offering 3day course of Kundalini awakening,it is on the net already,How?and is it something can believable?

riptiz

Kundalini
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:05:10 PM »
Dear Maduheal,
If one can genuinely give shaktipat then it is possible.One needs to have high enough levels of personal energy to awaken anothers Kundalini and even this is draining, requiring a recharge of personal energy to repeat shaktipat at a later date for others.There are several who give shaktipat in India, my sadguru being one of those.
http://dhyanyogi.omdasji.googlepages.com/ for details of location.
L&L
Dave
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:20:23 PM by riptiz »

yogani

• AYP Plus
Kundalini
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 02:25:51 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by madhuheal

Dear Yagani,

In India,there are some yogis/persons are offering 3 day course of Kundalini awakening, it is on the net already, How? and is it something can believable?

Hi madhuheal:

It is good to be skeptical about claims of that sort, while not ignoring them either. We will find the truth by paying attention and releasing. It is within us.

Kundalini is not "all or nothing." There are a thousand levels of energy awakening, beginning with the first stirrings in us that occur with our bhakti (divine desire). In a real sense, anyone who feels spiritual inspiration has kundalini moving already. It is moving here now, yes?

Surely "shaktipat" can have a role in this overall unfoldment. But that is only a jump start. The rest is up to the practitioner and the effectiveness of daily practices in use over time.

The mechanical means for awakening kundalini (pranayama, mudras and bandhas) are well-known these days. It is not so complicated. However, if these means are used prematurely in relation to other practices it can lead to difficulties.

Kundalini (shakti energy) awakening is only half of the equation. The other half is the cultivation of inner silence, which is very important. A major kundalini awaking will be difficult to manage without the presence of abiding inner silence (the witness). It is the long way around on the road to enlightenment. Putting kundalini first is putting the cart in front of the horse. Is there a claim there for stabilizing abiding inner silence? That will be the greater accomplishment over any amount of time. Better to use effective means day in and day out, and be patient. Rome was not built in a day, or in three days...

With claims like that, I think "marketing." Which isn't to say there is nothing of value there. All teachings have some value, even if it is learning what not to do. Unfortunately, most who resort to lavish claims will come up short. The real question is, what system of practices do they offer? Are all the bases of human spiritual transformation covered? What is the long term scenario and support system?

Let your divine intuition be your guide. As time goes on you can rely on it much more than claims others might make. Investigate, inquire and abide in stillness. Then you will know where your path is, and where it is not.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

newpov

Kundalini
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 03:05:22 AM »
Hi all,

quote:
The real question is, what system of practices do they offer? Are all the bases of human spiritual transformation covered? What is the long term scenario and support system?

I second this. People out there will take your money by claiming to have a comprehensive program. At the same time they will make it difficult for you to get details about what they offer. They appeal to emotions in the gullible, not to the intellect of experienced seekers and shoppers.

Examples of two traditions:

FIRST: A yogi turned his organization over to his loyal secretary before his death. The successor then turned that organization into a hierarchy of sycophants and salesmen called monks and nuns. Rather than post their material online or publish it in books, the successor has continued to sell their first lessons for decades. She withholds their middle or later lessons until you have already financed her organization and attended various meetings which of course expose you to social conditioning by gate keepers, again called monks and nuns. This is now flat organizations that are initially spiritual turn into hierarchial cults with Gulfstream aircraft put at the disposal of their leaders!

Another money-raising tactic is seminar weekends that promise salvation in 3 days. You may as well believe in the Easter bunny!

SECOND: Krishnamurti repudiated efforts to form an organization around him. He spoke for decades around the world and published all his material. He encouraged one to take self responsibility by venturing into truth as a pathless land. He contended that immediate realization of non-duality was possible. Many imitators are selling the same thing. How seductive, you too can get spiritually rich in the twinkling of an eye. Just buy their books, attend their seminars.

You have hope? Show your cash.

newpov
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 03:03:32 AM by newpov »

riptiz

Kundalini
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 07:18:55 AM »
Hi,
People will make money out of you in just about every walk of life. Some are called conmen/women.
I have been fortunate in that for the 5 yrs I have been with my teacher, I have not been charged anything at all.Not one penny!! I am in constant contact by email or messenger and can ask any questions I wish.My teacher lives in Mumbai and has many students throughout the world who also got their teachings free.Oh and btw, she is very high level, knowledgeable Yogini who is very well educated in yogic practices.Guess we have been blessed.
L&L
Dave

AYPforum

Kundalini
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 06:32:06 AM »
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement