Author Topic: Odd sensation to front teeth  (Read 597 times)

yogiinthemakring

Odd sensation to front teeth
« on: November 22, 2014, 02:33:42 PM »
I'm having very odd sensation to my front teeth when meditation. As if they are buck too thoothed and protruding at weird angles. However, what seems odd to me is that one of my front tooth is now constantly feeling weird. It feels numb but isn't completely. Anyone had a similar experience? It's been about a week.

BlueRaincoat

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:00:56 AM »
Hi yogiinthemakring
I remember having some funny sensations in my lower fron teeth sometime in the past. It came and went. If your dentist is happy with the health of your teeth, there is nothing to worry about. It will go away in a while.
Enjoy your practice

yogiinthemakring

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 06:29:46 PM »
Thank you!

bewell

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 06:37:24 AM »
Hi yogiinthemakring,

I have a similar sensation now, and it has been going on, off and on, for more than a few months. I've gotten used to it.

I wonder if I'm grinding my front teeth during sleep. Alternatively, I wonder if a new energy channel is opening.

Namaste,

[/\]

BlueRaincoat

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 11:54:47 PM »
It appears funny sensations in the jaws and teeth have been noted by others. This guy talks about stages of progress with buddhist meditation:
http://www.dharmaoverground.org/web/guest/dharma-wiki/-/wiki/Main/MCTB+3.+The+Three+Characteristics

He says some unpleasantness occurs during what he calls stage 3 of the 1st Vipassana Jhana - "painful tensions or strange other sensations, particularly in the back, neck, jaw and shoulders" (paragraph 3 onwards on the page linked)