Author Topic: March 24-29, 2013 Kripalu R&R Retreat  (Read 1199 times)

mikkiji

• http://mikkiji.wordpress.com/
March 24-29, 2013 Kripalu R&R Retreat
« on: January 22, 2013, 08:08:21 AM »
It seems that we've gotten this together and it's happening!  To make your arrangements, go to:  http://kripalu.org/article/118, click "Register" and enter arrival and departure dates. I will arrive Sunday March 24th after lunch, and will depart Friday March 29th after lunch.  Anyone who wishes to attend any or all of those dates can sign up and pay only the Kripalu room and board costs, no tuition.  The end price depends on the level of housing you chose, from functional and cheaper dormitory accommodations to private luxury rooms to everything in between, so there is quite a range.  Three meals per day are included, as well as all the Kripalu facilities and amenities.  If anyone thinks they will be signing up, let me know so that I have plenty of materials.  Hope to see some more of you there!
Michael
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:39:50 PM by mikkiji »

American Baba

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »
I am registered!  See you in March [/\]

American Baba

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:25:38 AM »
Although not an official Kripalu program, and a group small in number relative to past Kripalu gatherings, the AYP retreat there last week was a much appreciated and powerful opportunity to delve more deeply into silence.  Despite being significantly longer than a weekend retreat, the time passed very quickly.  It was a delight to connect with old friends and reminisce about times at former retreats while forging still more memories and experiences.  Carson, although physically absent, was present (if only in voice) as we played an audio recording of him leading us through asanas from a prior retreat.  There is much gratitude to MikkiJi for pushing it out, organizing and orchestrating the event; as well as to Anita for her excellence in scouting available practice spaces, perseverance in walking and interesting conversations.  The smaller group size also afforded greater flexibility to participate in other Kripalu activities such as kirtan, another program’s sampler and a laughter yoga class.  I am definitely looking forward to the next retreat, whenever and wherever that might be!

mikkiji

• http://mikkiji.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 10:45:46 AM »
Thank you, Richard, for your participation and support.  I will admit that we managed to have quite a powerful yet incredibly smooth advanced practice retreat.  The day and a half we spent in silence during our middle days, and the number of hours we spent in Program during that time proved not to be a challenge for any of us at all, but did turn out to be quite a treat.  The easiness and joyousness of our time was so spontaneous and so supportive that I was actually sort of surprised.  It was a privilege and a pleasure leading this intimate gathering of advanced meditators in a significant journey into inner space.
Thanks for the opportunity,
Michael

anita

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 08:59:45 AM »
Well I just need to say thank you Michael for suggesting and organizing this and for you too Richard for being there and for your excellent company throughout.  I loved it and got a huge amount out of it.  Loved the day of silence especially, had never done that before and found it a profound experience.  I am full of love, have experienced a real heart opening afterwards.  Feel great, have lots of energy, great understanding for the people I work with, enthusiasm for my work and life.  Things do seem to be going great...is it magic?  In my fundraising the money has been pouring in, and someone told me the other day that I look "more beautiful than ever."!!!! Ha ha one of the totally unexpected benefits of meditation!!!!