Author Topic: What do you think about my practiese?  (Read 730 times)

TheSeeker

What do you think about my practiese?
« on: March 20, 2013, 09:01:44 PM »
Hi everybody!

I have been practising pranayama and meditation for a long time now. What is new however is that I recently(for a couple of monthes ago) meet this fantastic guru who initieted me in his order, and gave me some mantras to recitate in the morning and in the evening. He also taught me a kind of meditation where I focuse on an imagianery point of light in the third eye, and at the same time chant a mantra.
I started to do this meditation, but at the same time I didnt want to stop doing the pranayama and the "Iam" meditations" since I have had a lot of benefites from doing them. So I figured out a kind of practies wich is a fusion between these to different practieses. First I do the pranayama, then immediately after that I do the thired eye medtitation for  some minutes, then I do the "Iam" meditation.
What do you think of this practies? will it result in an overload?
I have been trying it, and I noticed a great improvement in my "Iam" meditation...

/TheSeeker

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 09:39:22 PM »
Hi Seeker,

There isn't any particular mix of practices which will result in energetic overload. It depends on a lot of things such as how often you parctice, how long for, what the satae of your subtle body is and so on. As long as you are aware that mixing practices can have a "doubling up effect" and that you should proceed with caution that is the main thing. Only you can find out what will happen. Just take it easy, especially at first and see how it goes.

Christi

TheSeeker

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:36:57 AM »
Thank you for the answer...[:)]

Holy

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 07:00:54 AM »
Christi already said it,

you will have expanded effects. These may go well for some time, but also may get unstable and overload the system faster.

Here combining two practices never worked longer than for half a year, but they worked best if one practice type (e.g. pure AYP) was in the morning and the other e.g. the one from that guru was at a seperate time, like in the evening.

Every system has a special intention of the movement of prana in the body-mind and the dissolution of prana into silent bliss and their relating amount for each session. Mostly the practice is designed in a way that the overall routine is stable with good results. If you start mixing two systems into the same routine you will have two intentions mixing with mostly some effect-cancalation on the one hand, some effect-intensification on the other + some instable mixture-leftover which sooner or later may become problematic.

All in all, this forum is one of the best places to test out and report back the results as it helps the tester to see for himself and others to know what they may not need to test out :D

The experience here is, digging in one stable place is best, but not so easy to decide the beginning months and years =)

Happy practicing :)

TheSeeker

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 05:41:25 AM »
Thank you Dear Holy!

Wise words indeed...