Author Topic: No children problem  (Read 1367 times)

Katrine

• http://katrinekristiansen.com/
No children problem
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 05:39:06 PM »
quote:
Michael, Katrine, Josh. Thank very much for your support. I have not been back to the forum for a while, and missed your messages.

When one posts a (for you) BIG question like this on the forum, you do not really expect it to be resolved by the replies. But very soon after everyone's replies started coming in, a change in attitude took place in me.

I can tell you all that I have decided that soon,I will have a vasectomy-reversal procedure done. And after that whatever happens will happen. I am very calm and peaceful after the decision, and Sammy-Jo is, as you might guess, very very happy.

Thanks again to everyone.

Pieter

[:D]

mikkiji

• http://mikkiji.wordpress.com/
No children problem
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 11:26:32 AM »
Pieter,
Paul McCartney was 61 when his youngest child was born, Cary Grant  was 62, Pablo Picasso was 68 and Charlie Chaplin had his last at the age of 73!  I'd say you are in excellent company here as a possible future dad-to-be (again!), and wish you and your new love much luck in finding your mutual fulfillment--and remember that SHE will keep you young!
Michael

Giacomo

No children problem
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 08:15:40 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rattan

Hi. I have a problem that I need some insight from someone here please.

I am a divorced guy, with 3 grown children. And currently in a very, very good relationship with someone much younger than I am.

My girlfriend is now at a stage in her life that the she wants to start having children, while I have just finished raising 3 children and gotten them off my hands and independent. I do not have the desire or the energy to raise a child again at my stage in life.  

I completely understand my girlfriend’s irresistible desire to have children of her own and are sympathetic. But I have had a vasectomy.

This then is the problem, that this issue creates the worst fights between us and then long periods of gloominess. When it clears, our relationship is the best ever. We love each other and want to stay together forever.

I am afraid however, that this difference is going to inevitably end the relationship.

Any insights?

I am... a 27 year old man and also have had a vasectomy because I don't feel the urge to have children.. The day I had that operation was one of the best days in my life. I felt free from worldy responsibilities. When I used to have sex I always used protection still..

I personally think, when u choose to have a child, the child should come first.. I think my desires would have to be in the background, while the child's benefit would have to come first..

My desire for independency, spirituality and life itself is too high and havin' children would be a big mistake for me personally.

You have to think about what you want.. And follow your 'heart'. That's the best advice I can give you [:)]