Author Topic: Heavy crown activity  (Read 1313 times)

lalow33

Heavy crown activity
« on: August 24, 2013, 12:23:09 AM »
Hi all,  I need some help.  Last week, I had a nice awakening of kundalini as the nectar cycle.  Very pleasant.  Since then, I've been having vivid dreams and lots of fatigue.  Last night, I got feelings of doom, perceptions were off, felt like I was floating.  I laid down and got full body flow up with a massive pull to the crown.  I tried to focus on the third eye to prevent a full blown crown opening.  I've been up all night.  The flow is still going I' m not sure At this point I can prevent it.

P.S.- The back of the top part of the head opened last week, not sure what is called.

bewell

Heavy crown activity
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 09:10:32 PM »
Hi lalow33,

How's it going? What practices are you finding helpful in the days since you wrote?

My response: Generally, it sounds like some "grounding" is likely to be needed--physical exercise, walking, eating heavier foods. This is also a time to practice dwelling in the witness -- our constant place of stillness/silence amidst and beyond the fast changes. It is a time to practice detachment from/or simply witnessing thoughts, particularly when they are extreme, and "doom" oriented. Trust that "self pacing" happens -- notice the workings of your inner guidance as related to AYP practice routine.

Namaste
[/\]

lalow33

Heavy crown activity
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 01:37:18 AM »
Hi bewell,

I'm doing much better now, thank you.  I still have strong body attachment;  I'm sure it will dissolve eventually.  For now, I get strong fear, resistance.  Witnessing feels impossible, but it does come up after my mind and emotions have been spinning.  It's noticed afterwards as a stark contrast.  All the drama feels silly.

The most grounding was a yoga asanas class with lots of standing postures and a short qi gong series.  I could feel the flow turn downwards.

bewell

Heavy crown activity
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 12:55:23 PM »
Yes, lalow33, the body attachment at this stage is normal. All the newly emerging energy activities give a sense of having a uniquely separate experience, and the fears that arise add to that separate-self sense. It is actually shaking loose the identification of awareness with body/mind, on the other hand, this rush of energy activity also gives rise to resistance, and more clinging. Perhaps that's why Yogani says that the most stable shift will be a gradual, smooth process. It is great that you are noticing the contrasting perceptions afterwards, and the detachment from the drama. The trick will be to find some of that detachment on the happy fringes of perception while in the middle of the next drama. Congrats of finding some grounding practices that are working for you!

[/\]

lalow33

Heavy crown activity
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 02:07:49 AM »
Hello everyone,

It's been several months since I posted this.  I'm not as wrapped up in energy experiences as I was. Of course I've self-paced, and they aren't are dramatic.  Still having the crown pull every night.  I could easily go out the top of my head.  Part of me wants to just do it.  I think resisting this is contributing to my blocks( I can feel them now).  I'm worried about instability that's why I've been resisting.

Can anyone else share their experiences?  Are you covering your head at night?  Is it safe to just go out the crown?

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
Heavy crown activity
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 02:36:36 AM »
Hi Lalow,

At some point on the path you have to come to the crown and it sounds like your time is now. [:)]

The crown is a bit of a double edged sword. You need to be unafraid of what is happening there, but at the same time be cautious. You don't need to be worried about being sucked out of the crown, but you do need to be careful that you do not activate the crown chakra too much causing potential imbalances.

Are you following the instructions given in lessons 198 and 199? If you are how far have you got? Also have you read lesson 287?

In answer to the question in your first post above- the chakra on the top back of the head is the bindu chakra.

Christi

lalow33

Heavy crown activity
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 04:01:36 AM »
Hi Christi,

Sorry, I should have given more details.  I'm a sensitive type and have trouble with stability during my female time each month.  I only do the most basic SBP and very small amounts yet the crown calls me just about every night.  The division between the third eye and crown is barely there.  I feel like my awareness is going to go out the crown, not just energy streams.  It's been four months of this, almost every night.  I'm tired of resisting, but I don't want weeks of chaos either.

Christi

Heavy crown activity
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 04:27:04 AM »
Hi Lalow,

There is no need to resist, or to be afraid of leaving your body through the crown chakra. Fear is a much bigger issue than anything that you will find on the other side of the crown.

If you are having problems with stability then stay with the practices that you are doing, or even cut back on them for a while. If the third eye and crown are almost merged then you are at an advanced stage of crown activation and there is less cause for concern.

It may feel like you are going to be sucked out of the crown, but that is just a feeling brought about by body-identification. Really there is nowhere to go- you'll always be right here. The more significant journey of the crown is one into pure bliss consciousness (satchitananda) and that happens as the crown chakra slowly dissolves and the heart takes over. The dissolution into pure-bliss-consciousness is one of surrender, and that becomes the predominant experience of the crown. It is the surrender of everything we think we know and everything we think we are. If there is fear and resistance then that can't happen.

So you need to be cautious about not over-doing anything at the crown, but at the same time not be afraid or resistant when you feel activity there.

Here is what Yogani wrote about leaving the body through the crown chakra:

"Maybe we see the crown as a flower. Maybe a cup. Maybe red. Maybe silver or white. Maybe violet. It comes in many colors. Some may see it as a cobra with a great flared hood going up. However we see it, it is how we feel it drawing us up that will be the in-common experience. As the crown opening and nearly purified nervous system mature, we are drawn up without the chaos and mayhem that is so common in premature awakenings. We are drawn up into pure ecstatic bliss. Then we can surrender...

We may be gone and not know where we were. Or we may have some celestial visions. When we do come back, we are somehow new, illuminated, radiating like never before. That is the beginning of the experience in the awakened crown."[Yogani]
(from lesson 199)

The things that I saw on the other side of the crown changed me forever. So Yogani was right. [:)] And heaven isn't such a bad place after all...

lalow33

Heavy crown activity
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 05:15:40 AM »
Christi,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.  I appreciate it.[/\]

lalow33

Heavy crown activity
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 03:34:33 AM »
Hi Christi and all,

Well, I was able to relax at night.  Still didn't look at the crown but just going to go with whatever happened.  I really didn't go anywhere.  Just simple awareness with nothing to be aware of.  No energy, no bliss, no visions, no body.  Very simple and easy.

Christi

Heavy crown activity
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 04:13:40 AM »
Hi Lalow,

That's great. You will probably find that mostly you won't go anywhere. There can be this incredible feeling that if you don't hold on something really amazing or terrible or both is going to happen. And then when you actually let go completely, nothing happens. [:)]

It is quite a nice metaphor for the spiritual life in general.

Gradually, over time, things will settle down and then if you wish you can begin to follow through the instructions given in lessons 198 and 199. You will gradually begin to find that the experience of bringing your attention to the crown is blissfull, and you will be pulled there more often, but without the fear. That's when the real adventure of the crown begins.

Well done for having the courage to trust it and see what happens.

Christi

pkj

Heavy crown activity
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 06:06:35 AM »
Hello lawow

I have similar experiences as well. As my crown opened and it was difficult to distinguish between third eye and crown. Crown was having full activity. Also when it happened about a year ago. After that i am self pacing as mostly suggested. biggest thing helped me was doing 15-20 Surya Namaskars yoga asans. At some time i was even doing morning evening. Now acivity is still there also i do get sometime anxiety/depression symptoms as well. But it has reduced to a great extent. But I am managing it with self pacing. Biggest help was to surrender surrender as i was resisting too much once i started surrendering it is much better. I agree with Christi only thing we just do is active surrender rest spirt will take care of it.

All the best

PKJ

lalow33

Heavy crown activity
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 04:40:58 AM »
PKJ,

Thanks for your response.  Are you able to fall asleep in a reasonable amount of time?

pkj

Heavy crown activity
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 05:11:44 AM »
Yes, i am able to sleep as i do lot of walking during the day as well. Only thing is I usually get up early in the morning that is better otherwise i will have lot of energy build up if i wake up late.