Author Topic: Healing for Bewell  (Read 1092 times)

Anima

Healing for Bewell
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 11:46:52 AM »
[3][3] I hope you are okay my friend

trip1

• http://seekanddestroypodcast.com/
Healing for Bewell
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 12:22:52 PM »
[/\][3]

Swan

Healing for Bewell
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 03:52:40 PM »
[/\][OM][3]

Parallax

Healing for Bewell
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 06:14:22 AM »
Be!!!

Prayers and loving samyama heading your way.  [3][/\][3]

bewell

Healing for Bewell
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013, 03:44:50 AM »
Thank you dear friends[3]

When I read this thread for the first time a few minutes ago, it brought me to tears, I was so touched by your concern and healing energy.

I am at home with my wife recovering according to schedule from emergency open surgery for gall bladder removal. The body does not require a gall bladder, so I can look forward to normal healthy bodily functioning. I'm taking antibiotics and taking, for pain, Oxycodone, a narcotic. My meditation sits have been very peaceful and pleasurable (perhaps aided by the drugs).

A bit about the disease.

For many years, I have known that I have slightly above normal cholesterol, but I have never taken drugs to control it, trying instead to use diet and exercise. Turns out one of the causal factors for gall stones is high cholesterol. I was not aware of my gall bladder, however, until this crisis.

For years I knew I had digestive troubles, and that the pain was in my upper abdomen, and more specifically, in the area where the stomach empties into the small intestine -- that, I now know, is where the healthy gall bladder releases bile into the intestines to help digest certain fats. It is also where a blocked gall bladder squeezes unsuccessfully to release bile, and when it squeezes, it causes pain. I had felt that pain intermittently for years, but had attributed it to the intestines squeezing unsuccessfully. At times, it was extremely painful, and I would be up in the middle of the night in the squat position, waiting for it to shift. More commonly, it would be a dull ache that would put a frown on my face. Now I can expect a future without those attacks of pain. That's nice.

With gratitude,

[/\]

PS Interesting fact (from the surgeon who used laser surgery to clean gall bladder puss off the bottom of my liver): The liver is the only organ of the human body that can regenerate itself. It is like a lizard tail, tear off a piece, and it will grow back just like new.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 04:14:32 AM by bewell »

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
Healing for Bewell
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 04:52:58 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

PS Interesting fact (from the surgeon who used laser surgery to clean gall bladder puss off the bottom of my liver): The liver is the only organ of the human body that can regenerate itself. It is like a lizard tail, tear off a piece, and it will grow back just like new.

Happy to hear you are recovering well Bewell.  You've been in my thoughts since I heard about the surgery.

I think the surgeon who told you that the liver was the only organ that regenerates itself is (slightly) misinformed... it's been shown that the brain does as well: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn23665-nuclear-bomb-tests-reveal-brain-regeneration-in-humans.html#.UjNQstKsiM4

Love,
Carson [^]

AumNaturel

Healing for Bewell
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 05:39:21 AM »
Glad to hear it went well, that you won't go through such pain anymore, and that you're alright and healing well.

kami

Healing for Bewell
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 06:03:29 AM »
Dearest Bewell,

SO glad to have you back!!! You have been in my prayers and samyama too.

Much love to you.[3]

sunyata

Healing for Bewell
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 01:52:44 PM »
Dear Bewell,

It's good to hear from you. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Love,
Sunyata

maheswari

Healing for Bewell
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 08:31:30 PM »
Bewell[3]