Author Topic: Sleep vs Sadhana  (Read 904 times)

Shuddhagiri

Sleep vs Sadhana
« on: August 23, 2013, 05:56:56 PM »
Due to family- and work-duties -I got two little children - the biggest problem for me now is, that my time for Sadhana is not enough - 5 hours would be best, 3,5 are minimum - so, I think how to decrease my need for sleep, that 4,5 hours sleeping could be enough ... I know, there is polyphasic method, but that needs strict regularity, and my queen and king for sure wont give me that ;)

Maybe some of you found through self-inquiry a working, maybe even still not popular method to decrease sleep for long - whatever means it takes, I am thankful for every attempt...

thanks in advance, looking forward for ideas
Om, Bernhard

Wolfgang

• http://www.odysseyofthesoul.de
Sleep vs Sadhana
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 06:51:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum,

Are you sure you need 3,5 or even 5 hours of Sadhana ?

Shuddhagiri

Sleep vs Sadhana
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 12:59:30 AM »
Hello Wolfgang,

Thank you for answer and question - yes, I am, per day, not per session ...Om
Bernhard

AumNaturel

Sleep vs Sadhana
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 01:04:37 PM »
Welcome Shuddhagiri.

No doubt, anyone who has at least some passion for their sadhana would like to do more of it, especially when time is so precious. The system here is designed with that in mind. Have a look at L172 and L227 as just two examples out of many other discussions that deal with setting up a practice session in a way that fits your lifestyle in the best way possible.

It is a common struggle over here, so it might help to say you're not alone in the quest to find ways to sleep more efficiently. I've repeatedly favored practices late into the night at the expense of sleep, hoping they can make up for it a little which they do, but otherwise have been paying the price that I'm not sure can be justified. "It's a marathon,.."

The importance of sleep is emphasized, since it is a necessary component as much as any other. Some people are naturally able to sleep much less than the average, with one person I know by association averaging 4 hours per night, while others like myself have very low tolerance for it combined with a sensitive sleep schedule.

As it is now, there can be much gratitude for coming upon such a system that is mindful of everyday life demands and making use of them to our advantage, as with grounding and integration. A steady, more or less predictable daily life also makes regular sittings possible. Finally, the practices themselves alter the nature of sleep. For me, it has brought more coherent thoughts in dreams, and I see how it would be possible for this to deepen over time, though it too must be done gradually and in a way that's in tune to the changes as they occur naturally.

Shuddhagiri

Sleep vs Sadhana
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 11:42:47 PM »
Thank you for your answer, though it was not exactly an answer to my question.

I am not practicing the techniques from here, also my Sadhana is not new to me, so I am quite confident with it  ...

Really, all what I am looking for is what I asked, and came because children, work etc.  - but thanks for thinking further :)

Om

Holy

Sleep vs Sadhana
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 11:55:02 AM »
Hi Shuddhagiri,

what you want all of us want, but somehow it does not work :P What you can do, is to add more efficient techniques, so that more happens in those 3,5 hours. But then again there is a limit where the body-mind can tolerate the efficiency, so it may not work aswell. But if time is not available, it seems like the only thing you can give a try.

Mantra, mudras, bandhas, breath suspension are the keywords for you ;)

Peace and happy practice :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:33:02 PM by Holy »

adishivayogi

Sleep vs Sadhana
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 08:45:40 AM »
i would explode doing 5 hours of kriya a day. never more than 2