Author Topic: Fasting.  (Read 860 times)

Namath

Fasting.
« on: July 20, 2012, 03:45:15 AM »
Hello everyone;

Here the month of Ramadan started today.& I feel like fasting.However with the extremely hot weather nowadays over here,I don't feel I can last the whole day fasting without water.

So I decide to fast except from water[^]. I have sips of water every now and then.It makes people laugh over here,it's not fasting in their eyes .I laugh with them but I'll continue fasting with water :)

Yogani speaks about fasting for few days.But I want to fast the whole month.

Today was very easy .Nothing was missing!with or without food,same good  energy level.

Would like to hear feedback from those who fast/ or did fast.

& for anyone who's fasting nowadays:Happy Ramadan & may your fasting be accepted

Salam

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:59:04 AM by AYPforum »

Holy

Fasting.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 05:04:02 AM »
Hi,

fasting in my experience is accepted directly. You decrease the intake of earth and water. With that the fire als decreases and air becomes more dominant. Space becomes more dominant. The self becomes more dominant and that what is beyond. A physical act leading to changes of the elemental balance on all density levels of the body-mind.

Happy and blessed Ramadan :)

Namath

Fasting.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 08:00:42 PM »
Thank you dear Holy [:)]

Namaste

Namath

Fasting.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 08:32:28 PM »
Today is the last day of fasting and Ramadan.

yesterday and today I took the decision to add fresh juice to my fasting as things were falling from my hands few times during the day...glycogen must have fallen immensely.

All In all,it's a beautiful practice!never felt more peace,calmness and detachment like during this holy month.

I did meet lot of presences,spirits and deities more than I met since starting AYP practices.During meditation,dreams and while eyes open or close....some in form...some formless.

all of  that reminds me of this from Quran about the holy days of Ramadan:

"The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for every matter-Peace it is until the emergence of dawn"

Bye bye Ramadan...I'll miss you for sure![:D]

<3

Holy

Fasting.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 09:25:13 AM »
It was a good month :)

Didn't participate every day, but those days reminded me of how much a diference it makes if one decreases the food and water intake or just stops it for a lenghty while. The whole system opens up, the nadis open up, thoughts get clearer and fewer, perception gets more and more subtle. Long forgotten subtlest feelings rise like being a little child again. The witness increases, peace increases and the whole system is more responsive to yogic practices aswell. One starts appreciating food and water again and is more easily thankful.

In general kundalini was more active in phases, but in terms of long term progress can't give much comment on it. Some boost along the way :)

Happy Bayram =)

crazymandrew

Fasting.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »
I think fasting can be quite harsh if your body needs to detox.  I usually notice an improvement in my mood by the 4th day though.

It really depends on how toxic your body is.

Apple fasting can be great if I get too many symptoms!

Namath

Fasting.
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 06:23:16 AM »
Happy Bayram to you too Holy and to All :)

<3