Author Topic: Shiver Experiences  (Read 1782 times)

knowsoul

Shiver Experiences
« on: February 04, 2012, 10:57:57 PM »
Namaste all,

I am writing this to share some of my experiences that i have gone through in the recent past and would appreciate
if you could let me know the impact on my practices .

1. When I was practicing " Samyama"  there was gentle suction like third eye was trying to suck me up into it.   However, I did not have any sensitive issues due to selfpase
2. During my meditation sessions I had shivers all over my body for one to two mints. Some times I felt the same shivers while taking my lunch especially shivers from hip to legs. I would like to know
whether it is common .
3. Some times I could see some visuals in my left eye alone and is there any particular reason for this and also had a fast heart beat.
I would appreicate if you could help me to clarify or share similar experiences.

Thanks

shades

Shiver Experiences
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 11:24:22 PM »
Thank you for sharing. I had the same happening with being pushed towards the third eye. Though something stopped me from releasing this. I think it scared me because my feeling was that I would leave the body. I would also like to know what this means, please.

knowsoul

Shiver Experiences
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 11:46:39 PM »
Thanks Shades , Iam also waiting for experts responses[:)]

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
Shiver Experiences
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 11:51:15 PM »
I only know about #2, the shivers. Yes, this is common. I get shivers in all different parts of my body, not during meditation, but at all times, for no apparent reason. Some people think it is kundalini energy. i don't know. What I like to do is avoid letting it cause my body to shiver. I put all my attention on it and instead of physical shivering it turns into a wonderful feeling inside.
I can't tell you what I'm doing even, but I like it, and yes, the shivering is common.

maheswari

Shiver Experiences
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 02:22:19 AM »
me too  no.2 always happens with me mainly during practices ..especially in the interval b/w finishing regular samyama and starting cosmic samyama....

shades

Shiver Experiences
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 03:11:19 AM »
Shivering happens to me and I have noticed it even before I started with meditation which I did about 5 or 6 years ago. My experience is similar to post #4 in this case.
The heartbeat...a few times my heart have made two beats quickly after eachother...I didn't like this even if I thought it problably was okay. Since I have not practised any particular form of meditation (mainly focus on breathing, and some chanting of mantra) before trying AYP DM, I haven't really followed special instructions until now.
With this said, I am not used to this type of "samyama" and am happy to learn.

So far I can tell that not overdoing practises, or underdoing is how to balance. I guess this would prevent most kind of wierd occurings. I hope.[:)]

woosa

Shiver Experiences
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 03:21:44 AM »
I have had the third eye suction thing a few times during meditation. It's pretty cool. [:)] I can have periods where it happens quite regularly.

Had shivers quite a bit too and the heart palpitations outside of practices.

I can only say that I have them too, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it's causing discomfort or worry then self pace.

I don't know what it all means. I just chalk it up to purification and opening. [:D]

shades

Shiver Experiences
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 07:01:25 AM »
Like woosa wrote, the pull towards 3'rd eye happens acctually almost every meditation nowadays. Wonder what will be when no one is being too afraid to let it go[?]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:20:26 AM by shades »

knowsoul

Shiver Experiences
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 09:30:59 AM »
Thank you very much for sharing experiences.

@Etherfish,even i too like it very much[:)] ,i get Shivers all over my body whenever I listen to devotional music or spiritual discussions.

@Woosa,Iam afraid of Third eye suction thats why i cut down my practices.
and I have high emotions like anger,impatience,loneliness,fear,rigidity...I know this will pass but how to handle such emotions.
Please do share your thoughts.

Thank you

maheswari

Shiver Experiences
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 04:47:19 PM »
quote:
get Shivers all over my body whenever I listen to devotional music or spiritual discussions.

yep same over here[:)]

SeySorciere

Shiver Experiences
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 05:37:05 PM »
@ Knowsoul - yes, it is a good idea to self-pace if you are feeling high emotions, it will give you a change to adjust to the purification going on. As for "being pulled into the third eye" - it is unlikely that you will leave your body, if you follow it. You will mostly likely simply feel energy pouring out from there.

Enjoy your practices

Sey

woosa

Shiver Experiences
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 01:38:02 AM »
You will be okay. Just think of the third eye pull like this:

When you open the curtains in the morning your physical eyes refocus to the sunshine. So when you are meditating your third eye is just adjusting to whatever it is. (Sorry, that was a rubbish guru-like metaphor [:p])

However, if you live in the UK you will rarely see the sunshine [:(].

Self pacing is very important with high flying emotions though. I am changing down a gear to a shorter mantra because I am so annoyed during the day that my family daren't breathe too loud near me in fear of reprisals! [:D]. So, if you need to self pace, go for it.

knowsoul

Shiver Experiences
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 10:00:07 PM »
Thank you Sey and Woosa.

Yes@self pacing is very critical and am following[:)]

Wolfgang

• http://www.odysseyofthesoul.de
Shiver Experiences
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 05:33:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

What I like to do is avoid letting it cause my body to shiver. I put all my attention on it and instead of physical shivering it turns into a wonderful feeling inside.
I can't tell you what I'm doing even, but I like it, and yes, the shivering is common.

I think this is what makes it happen: Intention - Thought - Acceptance

keep it up, my 2 cts [:)]

Wolfgang