Author Topic: flies!  (Read 2549 times)

whippoorwill

flies!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 01:43:20 AM »
Hi Manigma,  I guess we cross posted.  Please disregard my question to you.  You answered it already.  [:I]  Thanks for sharing that.

nirmal

flies!
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 03:58:16 AM »
Hi manigma,
I get it! I get it! Yes, the arm is not me,plus one needs to always be in the forever now of complete awareness.

Now they don't bother me as much, and sometimes I talk to them. But the bottom line is I don´t like them,(or mosquitos)and if I am pushed I will kill them!

Thanks for everybody's help!
nirmal[:D]

maheswari

flies!
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 05:17:32 PM »
"i dont like them"....then hope you were not a mosquito in some previous life[:)]
very nice story manigma[:)]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:07:32 PM by maheswari »

Akasha

flies!
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 11:31:48 PM »
'Tiger Balm'(red, in lttle round pocket-sized metal containers sometimes- a proprietary TCM remedy) worked a treat when i was in India(long time ago,93).I hear the locals swear by it.It's known more as a muscle relaxant  but it can be used like i do as a insect repellant; i would use this everytime over other alternative applications which i probably don't trust that much.You know what they say in the HYP-no bugs and all that, and give your sadhana space a good sweep .:)

I hear the Mosquitoes are now in Northern Europe, and probably have been for some time.

P.S You can get them on ebay in the convenient 3g tin format i mentioned.I tried the smoke ring thingie indoor in nepal- i don't think it really worked, not really that effective and probably a waste of time. When in doubt do as the locals do.Although in India i noticed alot of the locals seemed largely immune to the mosquito bites.They may have liked th white caucasian skin better.But some locals  may have evolved soome kind of immune or biological response perhaps as i noticed they were left untouched whereas my wrists,ankles,face,neck etc all exposed places got it.They can give a nasty bite too , worse than midgies,especially if there is  a dozen or so bites.They come up in a big lump ,red,swollen etc and itchy as if you feel the need to scratch them.I don't trust the old anti-malarial prophylactics they used to prescribe ( i'm not sure if they're precribed any more). They made me a bit ill and can really tax the liver especially if you forget to take them, the chloroquine etc, quinone or whatever it's called. I remember the CIA researched this as they wer elooking for something to give the troops as the evidence as to the efficacy of those drugs is still in dispute. But they sent agents into China as the Chinese troops used this TCM plant with amazing success so they wanted it for their own.. Eventually they discovered it actually grew outside the Whitehouse on their doorstep as a common-ish  native also plant.This is what i rtead somewhere a  number of years ago. Now perhaps they give their troops it or have done.It's like a TCM medicine and believe it actually works where as the western prophalactic stuff maybe doesn't. Pilot-studies have questioned how effective those A-M prophylactics are-like they made little difference.If i went to India again I (probably) would'nt bother with that stuff. I heard foreigners also that had lived there for some times over six months saying they did'nt bother and had heard similar stuff- like doing more harmt han good. Ideally for malaria if you get hold of this plant.I remember forgetiing to take the daily dose med for about a week and the weekly dose med alsoX4 or something silly(as they gave you two different types) ,so i kind of topped extra then, then i ate a pizza and  a beer or two perhaps(or was that afterwards;i can't quite remember) and then barfed all over this picnic table at some inn somewhere around the nepalese border.I'm pretty sure it probably rots the liver though.I've actually got an old photoe  of me sitting in that inn dressed in white and looking a bit dusty and with the red dot on the forehead i think but i'd need to put it on flickr or something in order to link to it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:03:31 AM by Akasha »

nirmal

flies!
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 02:50:50 AM »
Yes maheswari, but on the other hand, I believe this universe we live in it's impossiple to Really kill because life here is eternal and nothing ever really dies.

[:)]nirmal

maheswari

flies!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 05:28:59 PM »
nirmal ...i think it is all about the mental attitude whiLe doing any action...AND about correcting ADHARMA ... see Bhagavad Gita[:)]
akasha ...thx for telling us that Tiger Balm works for insects..i believed it was only for muscle pain
now nirmal u can not kill mosquitos and not smell citrus in germany[:D]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:00:26 PM by maheswari »

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
flies!
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 11:20:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nirmal

Yes maheswari, but on the other hand, I believe this universe we live in it's impossiple to Really kill because life here is eternal and nothing ever really dies.

[:)]nirmal

Nothing ever really dies, but it is wrong to kill and generates karma. We are in school, and killing is failing a test. Personally I believe it is more wrong to kill people than flies, and I only kill flies when they keep bothering me. And when people keep bothering me fortunately there are many other options.

nirmal

flies!
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 03:55:50 PM »
Hi Etherfish,
You are so right! I agree 100%! A s far as I'm concerned,no further explanation is needed. This says it all. Thanks Etherfish!

[:D]nirmal

manigma

• http://www.facebook.com/manigma
flies!
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nirmal
But the bottom line is I don´t like them,(or mosquitos)and if I am pushed I will kill them!

To me, this Universe is also like a fly.  There are billions of Universes like ours.

The Life that flows in a Fly, in you and this Universe is same... is omnipresent. If you can consider Life as an ocean, then the Fly, you and the Universe are little forms in it.

Though differing in appearance, essentially same.

A fly is so small yet the Life in it gives it the power to flap its wings so fast that it makes a buzzing noise. So cool! And its an intelligent being too.

So beautiful... and alive.

Just like you.

[:D]

maheswari

flies!
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 07:18:31 PM »
very well said manigma...

nirmal

flies!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 03:45:08 PM »
Yes indeed,very,very well said.[:D]nirmal

wisya

flies!
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »
This could be the answer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l-YYqjhVi4

Love&peace

maheswari

flies!
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 05:31:25 PM »
BEAUTIFUL....thank u dear wisya [:)]

nirmal

flies!
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 08:41:26 PM »
wisya,

Most excellent and accurate depiction of the overall situation!!!

[:D]nirmal
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 03:57:48 PM by nirmal »

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
flies!
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 11:43:21 PM »
[:)]