Author Topic: reduce snoring?  (Read 1531 times)

Yaming

reduce snoring?
« on: May 12, 2011, 04:26:27 PM »
Hi,
a friend of mine, I do too sometimes but doesn't seem to be too bad, snores very loud and I was curious if there was a way to minimize it with any kind of practice. And of course it would be nice, if someone actually had succes with them.
Yaming

ADLAI

reduce snoring?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 09:09:26 PM »
Is your friend fat by health or heavy in weight? If yes, then the cause of snoring is, his weight. It is also cause by the fracture of a nose.

LittleTurtle

reduce snoring?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 05:48:48 AM »
Heavy snoring will eventually lead to sleep apnea which in the long run is dangerous and damaging to the heart. Using a device called a CPAP eliminates snoring and saves the heart. Also losing weight helps.

kaserdar

reduce snoring?
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 08:53:43 PM »
I used to snore and it almost disappeared after I started practicing neck involving practices like, Sun Salutation, 5 Tibetan rites or Chin Pump. All of this helps but I think Chin Pump is the best.

mimirom

• http://www.youtube.com/user/mimirom
reduce snoring?
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 08:21:39 PM »
Hi Yaming,

my dad was a heavy snorer all his life and it eventually led to sleep apnea, I think during his fifties. He refused to do anything about it, perhaps also because he never could see and hear himself sleeping (so he couldn't imagine how bad it was), and this damaged his heart and dramatically lowered the quality of his life (heavy dreams each night, sleepiness all day, weakness.)

A couple years ago he obtained a CPAP device, and everything changed for him over night. He is very happy with it, although it's looking a bit funny.

edit: he is also overweight.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:26:16 PM by mimirom »

gatito

reduce snoring?
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 09:32:24 AM »
I've just bought a neti pot and the instructions claim that it's good for curing snoring. (Sorry, but I've no idea if this is true)

zemellachiro

reduce snoring?
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 07:27:03 PM »
snoring may have several causes behind.. it can be an air passage or stress