Author Topic: Yuck  (Read 860 times)

woosa

Yuck
« on: April 09, 2010, 12:01:14 AM »
Hi

A nice first post from me! [:D]

I have just reached stage 2 of Kechari Mudra and I have been exploring. In one of my nasal passages I have a small balloon there and it seems to be blocking the passage. I can't push any further because of tongue length. Is this normal, or could it be a polyp? The confusing thing is, is that I don't have any sinus problems.

I hope it isn't the latter, but I stayed at a friend's filty student house a few weeks ago, and was really ill with cold for the following week. Even 5 years of meditating didn't make my immune system that strong!

What do you think[?] I know you can't recommend anything due to law blah blah blah... Just has anyone had the same thing?

I hope I will be posting much more pleasant posts in the future!

Amdor

Yuck
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 05:45:34 AM »
Hi woosa, welcome[:)]

i also feel the little ballon with the tip of my tong,
but i cant tell you what it is.

greeting Amdor.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 06:12:00 AM by Amdor »

woosa

Yuck
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 08:16:10 AM »
Hi Amdor

Well it must be normal then... Or we both have something wrong![:D]

Wafu

Yuck
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 08:48:11 PM »
Hi woosa,

If you haven't already noticed, this post from Carson seems like a good ongoing discussion about the structure of the pharynx. It's all greek to me as I have yet to enter kechari [8D]

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=7693

From what I have gathered plenty of other people seem to have this balloon thing going on up there as well, seems like it's supposed to be there!

Namaste [^]

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
Yuck
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 01:33:51 AM »
Hi Woosa [:D] (if I haven't already welcomed you to the AYP forum, well, WELCOME!  If I have already welcomed you, well, please forgive my forgetfullness....a lot going on over here these days)

About the "balloons" that are inside the nostril holes.  I too feel them, but they alternate from nostril to nostril depending on the day/time etc and they also alternate how far "out" they come.

In my experience, these "balloons" are what block (somewhat) either nostril when the airflow is stronger on oneside then the other.  You may notice, that when you are just breathing normally that one nostril is more clear then the other.  If you go up into Kechari at that point, you will also likely notice that there will be a "more prominent" balloon on the side that is slightly less clear.  This will change over the course of the day, one side being slightly more blocked then the other.  Which ever side is more blocked will (likely) have the more prominent balloon.  This is my experience anyway.  I don't think it is anything to worry about, and I don't think it is a "polyp".

Hopefully this helps (set your mind at ease) a bit.

Love!
[^]

woosa

Yuck
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 08:06:07 AM »
Cheers Wafu & Carson!

Yeah, it isn't a weird alien life form I picked up from my friend's house and is now living in my nasal passage! Although, I wouldn't have been suprised!