Author Topic: Need suggestion on Diet please reply  (Read 645 times)

raja

Need suggestion on Diet please reply
« on: February 22, 2010, 06:03:37 PM »
Hi

I am practising some light streching excersices for 30-40 minutes then i do; chakra work out for
all the six of them for 1 to 1 : 30  hours so totally i will have around two to two and half hours
of yoga daily.

As a result i have lost lot of weight; This has caused lot of problems to me also i have become
Weak too.

Sometimes i will have lot of hunger and some time lot filled ness and cant even think of eating

Currenlty I'll eat

1. 4 idlis for breakfast
2. two chapathis + a small amount of rice (say 20 T-spoons) sambar + with some vegetables as side dish
3. once again night only rice say 3 medium sized serving spoons

I think i am not eating enough? right

I am planning to add the below thing; to gain some weight

1. one glass of apple juice/shake
2. one/two glass of milk
3. one spoon of ghee night with rice

and reduce the chakra meditation to some extend will this help to reduce the weakness and help me
in gaining weight? Please suggest?

Thanks
Raja
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:46:21 PM by AYPforum »

AYPforum

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 10:46:21 PM »
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 11:26:09 PM »
Hi Raja,

If you are feeling weak, and you feel that it is because you are not eating enough, then you are probably right. I would not see it as a sign that you need to reduce your spiritual practices, just that you need to eat a bit more food.

I have found that the amount of food I need has changed over the years. Sometimes I have needed to eat more, sometimes less. Yogani talks about this in his book 'Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli'. He discusses the way our need for food changes as the kundalini process progresses. The book doesn't give you much advice about what to eat, but I found it helpful in dealing with the overall issue of how to manage diet whilst engaging in spiritual practices.

Christi