Author Topic: My actual ayp situation.  (Read 996 times)

miguel

My actual ayp situation.
« on: September 29, 2009, 04:29:38 AM »
Hi all,[:)]

Today i practice:

morning: asana strater kit (10 mtes)+ 1mte sbp + 6 mtes dm.

Evening: 1 mte sbp + 6 mtes dm.

The days i am very much active i feel ok.No problem.Im talking about that weekend or holidays days that you spent your time out of home with friends most of the time.

The normal days,working days,normal days of the week i notice many ups and downs.I can manage them.They happen in the limits of my personal bell curve.But its very uncomfortable.

I need any advice on this:

-I know better not to add more dm,isnt it? im sure of this...

so..

-If i add one mte more of sbp could i reduce the disconfort?what do you think? It will do before,but not sure if it will help now.

-Should i reduce my dm to 5 mtes?

-Should i add a second asanas routine in the evening (starter kit)?

Which of the 3 options is the best?

I think the safest solution is "reduce my dm to 5 mtes" cz i know i will have slow smoothly avolution without disconfort.

What do you think?

Im a "eternal" sensitive meditator.[xx(]is very depressing.

Two days ago i tryed samyama.Only three repetitions of a friends of mine name.Only in the morning session of sunday.No problem.
Wow,i left me with very deep spiritual feelings.It seems to be very powerful practice.
But due to my sensitivity i dont know when i will be able to practice it...

Another interesting thing is that this last days i have experience some begining symptoms of my s.nerve whilie doing my sbp.Some colours and pèrceptions.It goes slowly here.

THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 04:35:01 AM by miguel »

Lacinato

My actual ayp situation.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 11:10:45 AM »
I think you have to ask your inner guru. I had to stop with the mantra (after a year of trying and scaling back, back, back) and go to breath watching, because the mantra was too powerful and pranayama never helped. Samyama, however, has gone quite well. But I can see why it might not be right for you--so you'll have to go with your gut on this one, or try and see.

quote:
Originally posted by miguel

Hi all,[:)]

Today i practice:

morning: asana strater kit (10 mtes)+ 1mte sbp + 6 mtes dm.

Evening: 1 mte sbp + 6 mtes dm.

The days i am very much active i feel ok.No problem.Im talking about that weekend or holidays days that you spent your time out of home with friends most of the time.

The normal days,working days,normal days of the week i notice many ups and downs.I can manage them.They happen in the limits of my personal bell curve.But its very uncomfortable.

I need any advice on this:

-I know better not to add more dm,isnt it? im sure of this...

so..

-If i add one mte more of sbp could i reduce the disconfort?what do you think? It will do before,but not sure if it will help now.

-Should i reduce my dm to 5 mtes?

-Should i add a second asanas routine in the evening (starter kit)?

Which of the 3 options is the best?

I think the safest solution is "reduce my dm to 5 mtes" cz i know i will have slow smoothly avolution without disconfort.

What do you think?

Im a "eternal" sensitive meditator.[xx(]is very depressing.

Two days ago i tryed samyama.Only three repetitions of a friends of mine name.Only in the morning session of sunday.No problem.
Wow,i left me with very deep spiritual feelings.It seems to be very powerful practice.
But due to my sensitivity i dont know when i will be able to practice it...

Another interesting thing is that this last days i have experience some begining symptoms of my s.nerve whilie doing my sbp.Some colours and pèrceptions.It goes slowly here.

THANK YOU!

miguel

My actual ayp situation.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 07:33:52 PM »
yesss.

Breath watching sounds great.

I think i can do 5 mtes dm and try 5 mtes of breath meditation.

Lacianto,did you be able to increase spinal breathing little by little.No problems with s breathing?

wich is the differences between dm and breathing meditation (im talking about effects in the nervous system and in spiritual development)i know i am meditation is really awesome,but with breathing work you think i will have less development?

Thank you,i find your answer very inspiring!

[|)][:D]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 07:45:30 PM by miguel »

littlejerry

My actual ayp situation.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 03:00:51 AM »
miguel,
do whats comfortable first off... breath work is working well for me lol i just do it throughout the day though...
i hope all works out.

Lili

My actual ayp situation.
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 03:03:52 AM »
Try to increase (double) your rest lying down after the meditation.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
My actual ayp situation.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 03:52:46 AM »
Hi Miguel,

quote:
wich is the differences between dm and breathing meditation (im talking about effects in the nervous system and in spiritual development)i know i am meditation is really awesome,but with breathing work you think i will have less development?

Breathing meditation is lighter than Deep Mediation, so it is less powerful in terms of purification. This can be good if you are experiencing symptoms of overload and a high level of sensitivity to the mantra. This does not necessarily translate into slower spiritual development. Pacing yourself correctly is the key to spiritual development, and using the right tools at the right time is an important part of that.

Personally, I have always used breathing meditation as well as Deep meditation as long as I have been practicing AYP. For me, this has meant that I have always been able to meditate when I have wanted to, even if I was experiencing too much purification from the mantra. I could simply stop Deep Meditation for a while, and continue with breath based meditation.

Christi
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 03:54:07 AM by Christi »

miguel

My actual ayp situation.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 12:55:59 PM »
Hi all[:)] ,

Thank you very much for all the good advices.

I find breath meditation really pleasant and a good substitute for ayp meditation.I can reach deep meditations with this and is a good previous phase for ayp dm.

is very important to find the right tools for your actual situation.And thats what im learning and trying to do now.

Ill never stop my search.This is life.

Thank you!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 12:56:44 PM by miguel »

brother neil

My actual ayp situation.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 08:05:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Lili

Try to increase (double) your rest lying down after the meditation.

If I recall correctly yogani stresses the need for rest after.

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
My actual ayp situation.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 12:39:44 PM »
Hi Miguel,

My wife is a very sensitive meditator as well and has successfully used breath meditation and been stable for several months now after many unsuccessful attempts over a period of a year with "I am" which proved to be too powerful for her and lead to instability.

I think it just takes sensitive meditators less to achieve the same. One thing to note is she does not do any pranayama. Any time she added this in to the routine, even just one minute, she ran into problems and usually not right away, but after several days.

I don't think you can accurately measure your capacity to do AYP DM with the "I am" mantra until you try it on it's own without any other additional practices like samyama or pranayama. Yes these practices lead to great feelings and experiences, but from my perspective it is the connection with inner silence (the infinite) which is the most important component.

For now asanas and DM may be enough to get you to your purification limit for one day? If so, this is great, you can do other things like perhaps inquiry etc. In the future, maybe it will be otherwise.

If AYP DM with "I am" proves to be too much alone, then breath on its own would be my next choice. If I could get to 10 minutes or more of breath as the mantra meditation, at that point, i might add pranayama.

Just my perspective after some trial and error with this.

All the best and good luck!

miguel

My actual ayp situation.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 01:53:02 AM »
Hi and thanks brother neil and anthem.

Yes anthem,breathing meditation is the next step for sensitive persons.I think i can pèrfectly do 10 mtes of it,so i think i can add pranayama with this practice.

But still doing ayp dm for the moment.I have decided to give it the last chance.

Thanks.