Author Topic: My Favorite Drink  (Read 1840 times)

divinefurball

My Favorite Drink
« on: June 11, 2009, 08:00:57 PM »
Hi All,
This is my favorite drink for some time. You must have a juicer or a friend with one to make it. It is my daily breakfest. I never get tired of it, get tons of energy and bliss from it, and don't need to eat much else untill evening- even with lots of hard physical work. It is simple: 3 large carrots, 1 granny smith apple, 1 navel orange, 2-3 oz. soy milk (this is a big juice, adjust ingredients according to appetite). Stir. Enjoy!. I can't help but gulp it down - it's such a rush, and tastes like your drinking an orange creamsicle - but much better for you - wow. It's also excellent renewal after excercise. A good juicer makes a significant differance in the result. Also start with the carrots, as the orange will extract better when buffered by thier fiber. I have a Champion Juicer which I reccomend wholeheartedly. Further reccomendation: clean the juicer right away after drinking - it's much easier, and you will have the energy! Try it if you like - I can't see there being any harm in it. All the best, divinefurball

christiane

My Favorite Drink
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 03:36:00 AM »
mmmm thank you for the recipe.
It sounds very refreshing (especially in the hot weather here!)
But I have just a little comment concerning soy milk.
I've heard that it wasn't very recommanded to take it on a daily basis for many reasons.
There is the oestrogene issue that is present in significant amounts in soy products (especially sprouted soy beans and milk)..
and the relation between oestrogenes and certain types of cancer (like breast and ovarian cancer)..
Also, according to macrobiotics, soy milk is to be consumed occasionally, especially for men, cause consumed regularly or in big amounts, it tends to weaken the sexual energy (coz it's considered to be quite "yin")
Cereal milk (especially homemade) is better used on a daily basis in drinks or other dessert preparations..
But anyway, your post inspired me and I think I'm gona run to the kitchen to make some of this juice (without the milk coz I don't have any in the fridge ;(

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
My Favorite Drink
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 04:35:43 AM »
Sounds like a great recipe!

I have heard similar things about soy milk.

For those who are anti-soy, and are lactose intolerant, goat's milk may be a good alternative.

divinefurball

My Favorite Drink
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 04:48:29 AM »
Hi christiane, thank you for your kind reply. I hear your concern about soy milk, and I'm glad you raised it, as others should be aware too. I'm not to worried for myself though, because I only drink 2 oz. a day, and lets say, my energy in pretty hot [:I]. Also, I should have mentioned milk as I use it as well sometimes - or even 1/2 and 1/2 or, cream. I'm not worried about the fat because I actually need it. The juice by itself is great too - I just find that milk/soy help blend it a bit better and give me some needed protien. Enjoy the juice! divinefurball

divinefurball

My Favorite Drink
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 05:47:16 AM »
Hi Scott, thanks for chiming in, and see my response to christiane above, for some related ideas. It's a lucious drink do try it. Wishing You The Very Best, divinefurball

sagebrush

My Favorite Drink
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 01:59:39 AM »
thanks for the recipe divinefurball- great name also!

makes me chuckle.

seeing this recipe makes me feel embarassed like I am looking into your top dresser drawer--stuff I really want to know related to how 'healthy beings eat' so thank you for sharing some healthy recipe. At this point I could not debate the soy although my mother always says how not good it is for you--coming from my fast food/dumpster diet anything is better.

I had a juicer in the past-a braun I believe-think I left it somewhere along the way, lightening the load when moving.
Champions are the top of the line and I know cost several hundred dollars-I am sure worth their weight in gold..but in order for me to get juicing-I'd have to get a cheaper one that probably does not extract as well--
I am thinking of an infomercial and maybe it is jack la lanne or some juice man that manufactures a pretty decent machine not so $$$.

the additional protein-I know I have to get or I am freaky.

also anything that I eat now regardless of what it is- I have no agreement with it--side efects like burping the flavor possibly for hours,whether it one, two or 30 bites...that horrible thing called 'gas' ....
so this gulping thing would be an issue--

divinefurball

My Favorite Drink
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 09:59:28 AM »
Hi Sage,thanks for your kind words! Don't worry about the dresser drawer buisness, I'm just sharing it because I like it so much. About soy, and milk, etc., people can find the information and make the right choices for themselves - they can even choose a different kind of apple or ratio of ingredients and I'll be equally pleased! The Champion is one of the best I know of, but before, I had a Braun, and it worked well - I was a little more work to clean, and the advice about carrots first becomes more important -so go for it. Make up your own recipies it's fun! Sorry to here about the gas. Sometimes manipura chakra awakening can have this result - Yogani writes about it somewhere - try a search of the forums. Also I think you are right, you should probably resist gulping! All The Best, divinefurball

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
My Favorite Drink
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 11:20:37 AM »
Side note:

Eating more fresh papayas will help with the manipura stage of burping and having a lot of gas.  They contain an enzyme, papain, which digests nutrients in any acidic/alkaline environment.

divinefurball

My Favorite Drink
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 11:56:47 AM »
Wow! Thanks Scott! I'll look into this. That sounds very interesting about the papayas. All The Best, divinefurball
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:04:47 PM by divinefurball »

sagebrush

My Favorite Drink
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 03:55:55 PM »
divinefurball- I am going to recant the statement about the top dresser drawer business and call it the 'top shelf' as in great quality drink.

and scott I read a tidbit on manipura chakra. thanks for the idea of a papaya. I like papaya alot and have not eaten one in years. I will look forward to one for breakfast.

thanks for every little bit

divinefurball

My Favorite Drink
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 11:51:09 PM »
Hi Sage, I'm glad you liked the drink. Also, if you didn't find it already, I think there is a lesson on manipura called "strange gurgulings" or something like that. If your interested try a search of the lessons using "manipura". All The Best, divinefurball

SunnyB

My Favorite Drink
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 02:04:11 PM »
I'll have to give this a try!

Rael

My Favorite Drink
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 11:40:14 AM »
Divinefurball

It sounds yummy, but different people have different types of constitutions, so food-combining may be an issue unless one has a very strong natural constitution. Inappropriate food combining, like vegs and fruit at the same meal, cause bloating, toxification, weight-gain, etc.

Alder Brooke Healing Arts food combining chart can easily be Googled.

Thank you for the recipe....i am going to try it eventually!

YogaEarth

My Favorite Drink
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 07:00:40 AM »
I have been reading the posts about these drinks made with juicers and i think i am gonna have to go get one!!! Although they are pricey, everyone seems to be enjoying them

NagoyaSea

My Favorite Drink
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 03:39:07 PM »
Hi YogaEarth! Welcome to the AYP forum. We're glad you're here.

Kathy