Author Topic: impacts of not practicing regularly  (Read 741 times)

kaserdar

impacts of not practicing regularly
« on: April 30, 2009, 02:17:47 AM »
Hello everyone,

I know that practicing regularly, at the same time of the day, in the same place are plus for efficiency of meditation. I just wanted to ask if we are not able to it in this way for example doing it once a day whenever we have time for it would bring some negative impacts or it would be not as effective as regular one? Because i think ill be able to practice only once during weekdays. Could you please tell me about your experiences on it?
Thank you very much

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 02:26:41 AM »
Hi kaserdar....

It is best to at least honor the practice with twice daily sessions of any length.  If that means that in the morning you only have 10 minutes you could practice, then sit down in DM for 7 minutes and rest for 3, and then go about your day. (or something along those lines)  Then practice longer in the afternoon when you have more time....  It is good to practice once a day, but it is better to practice twice a day.  I don't think you will experience "negative" impacts from practicing only once a day, but you won't gain the full benefits of a twice daily practice.  Even if it's only 10 minutes in the morning/afternoon and a little longer during your other session.  I personally don't have a whole lot of time in the morning and usually I only do 10 minutes of SBP and 20 minutes of DM in the morning, anbd during the afternoon I have a full hour and 20, hour and thirty minute practices session.  I have experienced no ill effects from practicing this way.  Hopefully some others will chime in and give their opinions as well.  Good luck.

Love,
Carson[^]

Lacinato

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »
I do my first session when I wake up, and my second session whenever I have time, and never had problems. Only if the times were too long (need for self-pacing) did I have problems.