Author Topic: Fungus and jock itch  (Read 2672 times)

onomatopoios

Fungus and jock itch
« on: March 06, 2009, 06:32:31 AM »
Yesterweek I had a kundalini surge that felt more in-depth and fulfilling than any before. So far everything has been smooth and peaceful--just like my practice. However, after receiving this, in the following days I developed a number of peculiar symptoms: a soreness in the throat, tingling extremities, and jock itch.

I read that a lot of people with kundalini have developed a rash, but has anyone else had a fungal infection instead? Did it go away on its own, or did you treat it with medicine? Was the medicine traditional or modern?

Even if you didn't have "mushrooms growing on you" because of kundalini, any thoughts on treating the condition would be greatly appreciated. [:)]

anthony574

Fungus and jock itch
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 06:58:12 AM »
I am skpetical that your kundalini has anything to do with you getting a fungal infection. If anything, I would think that the hieghtened immunity would help prevent it.

There are obviously many OTC remedies for jock-itch and fungal infections as well as homeopathic ones. The only one that comes to mind is the remedy of treating tinea pedis (athletes foot, same thing different area of the body) by peeing on your feet. If you're willing to try urine application to the infected areas then it might be worth researching. Definiteley the cheapest [:D]

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
Fungus and jock itch
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 10:10:33 AM »
OTC remedies are not very good for you. Look up the side effects - they can cause liver damage etc. If you eat vegan for a couple months it often helps by alkalyzing your body.

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
Fungus and jock itch
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 10:13:10 AM »
I had jock itch come up due to kundalini, as well.  I actually got peeling on my skin "down there"...which has been pretty hard to deal with.

Don't use urine therapy on it.  It doesn't work![B)]

OTC jock itch medications might help, but they didn't for me.  Nothing worked for me.  Not even prescription medications.  I also got tested for different kinds of infections and they found nothing.

It could have been an STD...but I looked into it and my symptoms didn't match with anything.

I think the only thing you can do is work holistically, and wait for the body to heal itself on its own time.  My issue has steadily gotten better over time (a couple of years).  Self pacing with kundalini practices is a very good idea until your system balances out.

Recently I have learned wai qi healing, and performing it on myself seems to help a great deal with EVERYthing.  So if you can go to a medical qigong practitioner who does this, it'd be best.  Acupuncture would be second best, if they're extremely good at diagnosis.

Such is the path of purification.[xx(]  Good luck.

anthony574

Fungus and jock itch
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 01:57:41 PM »
Etherfish, are you talking about corticosteroids? I know they can cause liver damage over a long period of time, but I didn't think they had anything to do with jock itch.

Scott

Fungus and jock itch
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 02:31:51 PM »
Lamisil tablets (which are usually prescribed in addition to the cream) can easily cause liver damage...I wonder if the cream could as well?

onomatopoios

Fungus and jock itch
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 05:25:03 AM »
Wow, what a wonderful range of replies from skeptical responses to positive affirmations. [:)]

quote:
I am skpetical that your kundalini has anything to do with you getting a fungal infection. If anything, I would think that the hieghtened immunity would help prevent it.

I'm in the beginning phase of awakening with a lot of stressful past to process, hence it would be fairly unrealistic to expect the full benefits of kundalini manifest yet. On the contrary, one might have temporary downs in immune response because of the stress.

quote:
OTC remedies are not very good for you. Look up the side effects - they can cause liver damage etc. If you eat vegan for a couple months it often helps by alkalyzing your body.

Sure. I always read all the medicine facts before use. My family even thinks me crazy, because I refuse to take cough and fever medicine. IMHO, body is sacred and capable of curing many of the difficult conditions on its own, but people have been indoctrinated to believe that drugs are the way to go.

quote:
I had jock itch come up due to kundalini, as well. I actually got peeling on my skin "down there"...which has been pretty hard to deal with.

Sounds nasty! I sure hope that I don't have to share this experience. [;)]

quote:
I think the only thing you can do is work holistically, and wait for the body to heal itself on its own time. My issue has steadily gotten better over time (a couple of years). Self pacing with kundalini practices is a very good idea until your system balances out.

It is a manageable plan, since there isn't itching or spreading of the infection. Sounds like a good plan, though I'm concerned on contracting someone else in public showers if it's not treated.

quote:
First of all, a fungal infection needs diagnosis with a skin scraping/KOH prep. That would be done by your personal family doctor.

Does a phone conversation with a dermatologist suffice? [:o)] I've had a tinea corporis before and this one looks the same, except that it's in the crotch.

quote:
The fungus is on you, (not in you).

Careful there, I smell a fat case of copyright indictment. [:D] Very cool pastiche.

Scott

Fungus and jock itch
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »
Neptune,

What are your qualifications for stating which medications and protocols for treatment are best, over the internet?

Also, are you absolutely sure that topical creams aren't absorbed at all through the skin?  I found info from this website stating otherwise at least about Lamisil...stating that less than 5% is absorbed.  It's pretty common knowledge that topical drugs are absorbed by the skin...

http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.pharmaceutical/b2.1.monographs/CPS-%20Monographs/CPS-%20(General%20Monographs-%20L)/LAMISIL.html

I should've said before that getting it checked out by conventional doctors and dermatologists is the first thing to do.  Good luck with it, onomatopoios.  If it persists (hopefully not) despite seeing multiple people and trying multiple drugs, then please keep us updated.  I'm working on the fix for kundalini syndromes.

scottfitzgerald

Fungus and jock itch
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 02:13:15 AM »
Since this is part of the "scenery" of the path to enlightenment, I think it's very appropriate to discuss here.

quote:
Originally posted by Neptune

Scott,
Must we discuss smelly male dermatoses (where the sun don't shine) and  innocuous over-the-counter pharmaceutical creams?  Whatever does that have to do with meditation and other yogic practices to nudge us towards Realization?  We've moved off topic a long way from the spiritual, babe.
May the fungus be on you(M.T.F.B.O.Y.).
N

I found the same thing, rash, itching in the region of the "boys" and it lasted for almost two years.  It wasn't until meditation became smoothed out and the fear response to letting go into the void diminished that I had a reduction in the intensity of the itch.

Another thing that really helped, and this will sound strange, is when the itch comes up during DM, I would put my attention there, and "sit with the itch" for a while.  It was curious how the itch and bliss would sort of merge together, and together become stronger as an example of "one."  If you would have asked me five years ago, what does an itchy crotch have in common with a spiritual search, I wouldn't have had an answer.  I believe now it is a representation of how opposite or far apart the "poles" can be in our one-ness.  In a strange way, the itch became part of the bliss.

Cortisone helped a bit too.  When I just couldn't deal with the itch, a cream like Lanacaine did give a bit of relief.

Big love

Scott

Scott

Fungus and jock itch
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 05:48:00 AM »
quote:
Whatever does that have to do with meditation and other yogic practices to nudge us towards Realization? We've moved off topic a long way from the spiritual, babe.

For myself it was a side effect of yogic practices, so it has everything to do with this discussion and forum.

Scott

Fungus and jock itch
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 11:48:07 AM »
Neptune,

I don't know how you assume I didn't get it checked out?

I went to a nurse, a physician assistant and two physicians all at different times in that order.  No one knew what it was, after taking samples and trying different creams and pills.

I'm still open to getting it checked out and treated, although now the symptoms are barely showing up anymore and I just don't have enough faith to keep spending money on getting no results.

You're right that it's pure speculation that it was due to kundalini in my case, but it's the only explanation I can come to.  And it makes the most sense, seeing as how it developed at the same time that I started having deeper energetic experiences.  It wasn't due to soap, because I changed to a natural soap at the time and even tried using medicated soap specifically for fungus (which was prescribed).

My EXPERIENCE is that kundalini can and often does cause nervous system malfunctioning in people, or healing crises.  It's often ASSUMED that yoga has nothing to do with the nervous system, or that it should make our health perfect, but that is rarely the case in my EXPERIENCE.  Especially with kundalini yoga, which is powerful!

If onomatopoios gets it checked out, and it's just jock itch, or just a soap sensitivity...then great.  Then it makes sense to not discuss it in a yoga forum.  But I am here to say that the symptoms may go undiagnosed and untreated by Western medicine...it's just a fact.  Conventional medicine is not perfect, and anyone who says it is, is deluding themselves.  It should be the first choice because it's direct...but when it fails other methods should be sought out, which the conventional medical model doesn't recognize and can't integrate due to legal issues.

Now, all that being said...I hope the "must we discuss this?" attitude will stop.  Yes we must, because it's part of the yogic path for many people.  We have three yogis here, who seem to think kundalini and an itchy crotch might be related.  I'm sure if you do a search you can find others.

If it offends you, please don't click on the topic.  If you think seeing a doctor is best, that's great.  So do I.  But that's not all that there is to be said on the issue, by far.

[:)]

Scott

Fungus and jock itch
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 02:59:00 PM »
N,

quote:
Secondly, in my experience, the kundalini related rash was generalized over the entire body, and the earlier discussion was about the crotch, which like between toes and under skin folds in general, is fungal territory.

Interesting.  When I first started taking something for it, from the nurse, it spread over my whole body.  That's why I was diagnosed the antifungal soap/shampoo.

Anyway, your comments in here were great and well informed.  I should have said publicly, as I did privately, that I respect your opinion.  For some reason I thought I made it clear that my position was 'Western medicine first', but I hadn't, and thankfully your post brought that to light!  So, I think your opinions were totally relevant and welcome (at least by me)!

Now to something off topic:

About the wristwatch, or lightbulb...it could be sometimes that those people are just 'connecting the dots' too well...meaning they're just fooling themselves into thinking they're causing it to happen.

But with someone who's very "ungrounded" and having a huge energy experience, it can happen a lot.  Calling these people nitwits isn't wise, because even though we might have a lot of education, we can hardly grasp the true reality of the human body.  There's much for us to learn!  My opinion is that even the most advanced scientists are just seeing the tip of the iceburg, when it comes to the function of our bodies.

yogani

• AYP Plus
Fungus and jock itch
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 03:52:45 AM »
Hi Neptune and All:

Over the years, it has become apparent that a wide range of kundalini symptoms are not able to be diagnosed by modern medicine, so far. Time and again, we hear that "the doctor was stumped" when presented with kundalini symptoms that may be similar to diagnosable ailments, but do not show up in the normal tests.

This doesn't mean we should not go to the doctor when such things occur that may cause us concern. But if the medical tests come back negative, then a kundalini symptom may be present. For that, we should make sure we are not overdoing in our practices, and keeping balance in our lifestyle with good activity and rest.

Meanwhile, the medical profession is going to have to step up to the plate on this as more and more people are appearing with these kinds of symptoms. Hopefully not too many -- we should self-pace, and be especially careful about doubling up with similar practices from different systems. Much can be done to moderate the symptoms of excessive energy flows.

Nevertheless, there can be no doubt that doctors are going to be seeing more kundalini symptoms, and it will be their responsibility to change with the times, and find efficient ways to determine what are kundalini symptoms and what are not. Of course, the medical profession first has to accept the fact that kundalini symptoms do exist. It may take a while, but, by now, the handwriting is on the wall. At least here it is. [:)]    

Science has a lot to do in the field of human spiritual transformation, and as time rolls on it will become much more obvious.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
Fungus and jock itch
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 06:03:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Neptune

Hi Yogani,
You are generalizing the discussion here from the groin into the gamut of kundalini related phenomena. That's OK if you wish to do that.

Hi Neptune

Absolutely, because that is what this discussion is ultimately about -- all those mysterious symptoms that do not come up positive for anything in medical tests. I believe that may be the case in this specific instance too, with at least one case that tested negative. So then, what is it?

It is a worthy discussion to be having here, not only for the medical aspect, but also for what to do when it is kundalini related.

There have been a number of discussions on rashes in the forums, and some of them seemed to be kundalini related. Or, at least, no medical diagnosis could be found. So that is the question, isn't it?

There are many other things that can come up that can send people to the neurologist, cardiologist, endocrinologist, etc. Where there are concerns, people should go get checked. That has always been the recommendation in AYP.

At the same time, we don't want the medical profession treating for everything but kundalini symptoms, which can happen. In that case, the cure can be worse than the ailment. There is a process of discovery going on across all the sciences, and we are all in it together. No one expects the medical profession to immediately adapt to something it has not seen much of in the past. But everyone expects the medical profession to adapt in due course. That is what applied science is about.      

The guru is in you.