Author Topic: Do You Have Sinus Problems or Nasal Congestion?  (Read 2478 times)

Jim and His Karma

Do You Have Sinus Problems or Nasal Congestion?
« on: January 18, 2009, 06:11:39 PM »
Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone out there has been doing AYP meditation for at least a few months and still has sinus problems or nasal congestion. If so, can you please say how long you've been doing AYP meditation?

Also, if you had sinus problems, but they went away,  how long did you meditate before this happened?

Thanks!

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 02:56:52 AM »
Hi Jim.....

I have had chronic sinus problems since about 3 months into AYPractices.  I am now maybe 7(?) months into practices.  They were the worst between months 6 and 7 but recently I bought a Neti Pot and started doing jala neti and it has helped a little.

Love,
Carson[^]

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 03:35:33 AM »
Neti helps a lot. Not sure if you tried it and/or kept up with it.

Have to tried Amaroli?

I know of at least two people at the forum who swear that their allergy, sinus congestion was gone after they started practicing amaroli.

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=3359#28825
quote:
Originally posted by Richard

Hi Jim I joined AYP and started med around August2005 I started Amaroli in Jan2006

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=1193#7621

The sinus problem was making my breathing exercises near to impossible at the time so I was having to take constant Steroid medication to keep it at bay. I stopped the medication at the same time as I started Amaroli...the sinus problem never returned.

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=2952#25815
quote:
Originally posted by anthony574

Amaroli - cured, and i mean CURED, sinus problems I've had my whole life!

Neti pot - ive had instances of hay fever where throught the neti pot ill literally blow out a wad of blackish/reddish blood and i will feel instantly better. it gets stuff out of your sinuses that blowing your nose could never accomplish.

tea - i drink them all day when sick like you are. echinacea, teas sepcifically for colds, green, black, chamomile.

fruits/vegs obviously

fasting - allows the body to heal itself faster. i usually just stick to raw fruits and vegs for the while im ill

vinegar - drinking a little bit of vinegar - look it up...balances the body to an alkaline state, usually acidity is the catalyst for illness

hydrogen peroxide - look that up too. ive heard a lot of good about putting some in your ears.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 03:36:32 AM by Shanti »

YogaIsLife

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 03:51:08 AM »
Before meditating I had congested sinuses/allergies often and haven't had any problems since starting meditation, after about 2 months into it. I now been doing it for almost 8 months.

P.S.: I forgot to say that I also do amaroli regularly since soon after I started meditation.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:36:01 AM by YogaIsLife »

emc

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 05:51:25 AM »
Hi Jim,

I have the same sinus problems after almost 2,5-3 years. No difference whatsoever. Tried neti pot for a while, but had to stop since it caused overload and a burning nose - energies gathering at the top of the nose inside, sort of... guess the spot we try to reach with kechari, the water massaged the spot and I got into overload. Too much energies in the area, and more sensitive nostrils leading to nose bleeding. (Yes, experimented to have the right salt level, but nothing worked out ok, so had to stop.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 06:02:02 AM by emc »

Richard

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 06:45:40 AM »
Hi Jim

I posted on this in a thread way back in last January here is a link to that post and thread.

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=3359#28825

Lavazza

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 04:05:18 AM »
I would advice against doing Jala Neti on a regular basis. It is a good way to clean out dust or fumes, but if that is not a problem, my advice is just doing Sutra Neti.

anthony574

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 04:11:31 AM »
What is Sutra Neti?

anthony574

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 04:15:17 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Hi Jim.....

I have had chronic sinus problems since about 3 months into AYPractices.  I am now maybe 7(?) months into practices.  They were the worst between months 6 and 7 but recently I bought a Neti Pot and started doing jala neti and it has helped a little.

Love,
Carson[^]

I don't know where you are right now with your marijuana usage, but do you think the smoking is maybe a factor? I know that whenever I smoked it, and I'm talking about a dose that was practically a microdose (less than .1g), the next morning I would ALWAYS cough up a ball of brown phlegm as reliably as if I get a whiff of second hand cig. smoke. That is a problem, technically, of the lower respiratory system...but 95% of the time nothing can affect the lower resp. tract without affecting the upper.

Do you ever have any experiences with bronchitis or things of that nature?

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 04:35:15 AM »
Hi Anthony,
quote:

I don't know where you are right now with your marijuana usage, but do you think the smoking is maybe a factor?

I am almost 2 weeks clean from weed now.  I stopped smoking on Janurary 10th, my wife's birthday.  Of course there is a potential that marijuana has caused my sinus issues, and I'm sure it has been at least a factor, but I still have one nostril that is usually at least partially blocked and I think a lot of it has to do now with the rampant diseases spreading throughout the Drop In Centre where I work.

quote:

Do you ever have any experiences with bronchitis or things of that nature?

I, just in the past two weeks, have gotten over a case of bronchitis.  I'm pretty sure that THIS was caused by my quitting dope....my lungs trying to clear themselves out.  Already I feel that I have much better lung capacity and better oxygen flow through the blood stream.  This and a few other factors have caused me to have to cut out some practices I believe.  Now I just need to figure out how to deal with my GI tract problems and appetite issues! Haha.[;)]

Love,
Carson[^]

Lavazza

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 08:53:25 AM »
quote:

What is Sutra Neti?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88_ena4EaOE&NR=1

anthony574

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 11:58:25 AM »
Ehhhh...I don't know if I'd be willing to do that!

I see the benefit of Jala Neti - that it used gravity, water, and salt to cleanse the nasal passages. I do not see the same benefit in using a piece of string. Is it meant to be an energetic thing?

Lavazza

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 08:14:29 PM »
quote:

Ehhhh...I don't know if I'd be willing to do that!

I see the benefit of Jala Neti - that it used gravity, water, and salt to cleanse the nasal passages. I do not see the same benefit in using a piece of string. Is it meant to be an energetic thing?

Sutra Neti is the only Neti in the HYP.

The Neti.

29. A cord made of threads and about six inches long, should be passed through the passage of the nose and the end taken out in the mouth. This is called by adepts the Neti Karma.

30. The Neti is the cleaner of the brain and giver of divine sight. It soon destroys all the diseases of the cervical and scapular regions.