Author Topic: Hypotension/Low blood pressure  (Read 734 times)

Jack

Hypotension/Low blood pressure
« on: January 01, 2009, 11:03:43 PM »
Hello,

My girlfriend suffers from hypotension (low blood pressure). The western doctors say it is something she will just have to live with.

Unfortunately, symptoms include fatigue, lack of energy, dizziness/vertigo-like symptoms, feeling faint, affected hearing and occasional ringing in the ears.

Her lifestyle is fairly sedentary as she works in an office and doesn't do much exercise outside. Her diet is good enough. I've gotten her some brewer's yeast and some garlic as these supposedly help.

Any recommendations for books, therapies, nutrition advice, etc. is welcome.

Thanks!

Yogajan

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 02:11:32 AM »
Jack,
Assuming there is nothing medically causing it, I have had good results from working with an ayurvedic practioner.  I same across this but you might look into the ayurvedic way of looking at hypotension might be.  
Indian Ayurvedic Hypotension Herbs: garlic, cayenne, saffron or turmeric, Indian spikenard, camphor, cinnamon and Ashwagandha.
Hope this helps.
Jan

Lili

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 03:18:56 AM »
Hi Jack,

I have very low pressure (60/100 even after drinking some coffee). Often when I go see a doc they have to try a couple of times before they can get a clear reading. Haven't tried the Ayurvedic treatments so not qualified to comment but doubt this condition can be influenced significantly by cinnamon and garlic.

I would highly recommend teaching your girlfriend the AYP meditation and SB pranayama. The internet lessons are enough to get her started then if things go well the Easy Lessons book can help pin things down for the long term. Since I started the AYP practices 3 yrs ago my energy levels changed completely. Previously I was unable to get going in the morning and was pretty useless before 10-11am. I had something like chronic fatigue and lack of energy despite working out on a regular basis. It really does help and she would be missing out on a lot if she doesn't give it a shot. The fact that she does not work out now may be a consequence of her overall lack of energy rather than a conscious choice. All this can change quickly and easily for her. Her blood pressure won't get higher but all the symptoms will disappear. Good luck! Lili
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 03:32:21 AM by Lili »

jillatay

• http://www.jillatay.com
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »
Try Licorice and Tyrosine. It helped mine. Also avoid foods and herbs that lower it.  I had a terrible incident with oat extract, felt like I was half dead.  

Best health to her,
Jill