Author Topic: JALA NETI  (Read 3417 times)

david_obsidian

JALA NETI
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 01:55:04 AM »

I tried it last night,  inhaling it from a bowl.  I found it quite easy and comfortable.  No need for 'stage 1' at all.  From this perspective,  that website above seems perhaps a little over-cautious.

Yogani said:
If you don’t wait for the sinuses to drain, you can walk out of the bathroom and suddenly drop a shot or two of water on whomever you might be standing over.

Yes,  and imagine if that wasn't water, but urine...  [xx(]

Actually last night I probably did not drain enough.  I did some sun-salutation half an hour later and splash -- out on my yoga mat.

That was just salt-water.  There's another reason to start with salt-water -- get to know risks to innocent bystanders!

thibaud05

JALA NETI
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 01:29:25 AM »
Wow I've just started doing jala neti from a bowl, and I love it.  Way more powerful effects than with a pot.  I am concerned though if inhaling the water in-through the nose and expelling it out-through the mouth may not be very hygienic.  The nose is a natural filter, so in the bowl process we are forcing what was stucked in the nose to go down through the mouth.  How clean and safe is that ?
[:)]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 01:30:48 AM by thibaud05 »