Author Topic: pranic healing  (Read 1662 times)

Tibetan_Ice

pranic healing
« on: May 15, 2008, 02:27:19 PM »
Hi [:)]
  Here is an interesting link to a site about pranic healing, in case anyone is interested.

http://pranichealing.com/

[:)]

TI

YogaIsLife

pranic healing
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 08:06:59 PM »
Thanks TI.

I found interesting this Pranic Healing. I saw the videos on the site and felt somehow that that could help. I have been suffering from feelings of blockage in specific points on the left side of my body. I intuitevely did sweeping movements with my hands in the areas I feel the most and definetely felt an effect.

I just wished there was some resource like AYP about energy healing. So many questions I have!

All the best.

Tibetan_Ice

pranic healing
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 12:00:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by YogaIsLife

Thanks TI.

Hi YogaIsLife [:)]
  You're welcome!

quote:

I found interesting this Pranic Healing. I saw the videos on the site and felt somehow that that could help. I have been suffering from feelings of blockage in specific points on the left side of my body. I intuitevely did sweeping movements with my hands in the areas I feel the most and definetely felt an effect.

I bought the book and read it. It has a lot of details in it and is somewhat complex. I found it interesting in that it recommends to spray your hands with alcohol periodically during sweeping to clear the bad etheric congestion from your hands. Most other practices recommend just shaking your hands and/or shaking off the etheric congestion into a purple fire or pail of salt. (I think they mentioned similar techniques in the book, but the alcohol one really stuck out for me..  I kept wondering why not just spray the person with alcohol? [:D])
  Also, Mantak Chia recommends shooting healing energy through the person to a universe behind them and this is supposed to prevent the healer from accumulating the stagnant or blocked chi.. I kind of like that idea.

quote:

I just wished there was some resource like AYP about energy healing. So many questions I have!

Yes, you would think that with so many people with their kundalini's active that there could be a whole lot of healing going on with the extra energy if they knew effective healing techniques..

Om Shanti.

TI

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
pranic healing
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 06:57:02 PM »
TI said:
quote:
Yes, you would think that with so many people with their kundalini's active that there could be a whole lot of healing going on with the extra energy if they knew effective healing techniques..

You can be sure there is a lot of healing going on - but the approach here is through samyama - as I'm sure you know - where healing is left to the universal intelligence/God and not directed by the ego(in so far as this is possible).

Each time anyone transforms any aspect of themselves it is a healing for the whole universe and the greatest gift you can give to those around you is to heal/transform yourself.[:)]

YogaIsLife

pranic healing
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 02:24:33 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I agree with you Sparkle but my questions are HOW TO heal/transform myself. I feel all this blocks, etc. and I sense there are very specific methods that would work in a very direct and effective way (as I believe AYP does and is all about) but just not sure what and how to use them sometimes! That is probably what Yogani means as the new era of Spiritual Science is about to begin. I, for one, am anxious! :)

I eager for effective methods because in my own path in teh past I hit walls many many times and ended up hurting myself and made it worse thinking I was making it better! Now I found AYP and am taking it really easy....;) Self-pacing is the key!

In any case, it seems and I hope that is true that everything is coming about in its own time and pace, it just has to...I hope and work on myself in the belief that that will help bring balance to evrything. 'First heal yourself, then you can heal others' isn't that what they say?

All the best!

riptiz

pranic healing
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 08:20:06 AM »
Hi,
Please ask away on any questions you have on healing and I will do my best to answer.Although I have in the past been heavily involved in healing, I now choose to follow the path of meditation. In my experience   meditation will take you further in self healing although there is much you can do to assist yourself.
L&L
Dave

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
pranic healing
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 12:21:30 AM »
quote:
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I agree with you Sparkle but my questions are HOW TO heal/transform myself. I feel all this blocks, etc. and I sense there are very specific methods that would work in a very direct and effective way (as I believe AYP does and is all about) but just not sure what and how to use them sometimes! That is probably what Yogani means as the new era of Spiritual Science is about to begin. I, for one, am anxious! :)

Hi YogaisLife
Apologies for the late reply
You ask HOW TO heal/transform. Well the twice daily practice of AYP is about as good as you will get. As you know there are many many systems and methods out there, you have to go with your gut and where your find yourself right now.

We all have blocks of one type or another, they come and go and as we deepen they reappear in a deeper form and we may think that nothing has been cleared, this is not the case.

If AYP appeals to you, then you can be assured it will take you on a beautiful journey. It is a very effective vehicle to enjoy the present moment in the transformational journey from now to now to now.
Hope that's not too zen for you[:)]

"Understanding" is also essential. By this I mean the understanding that comes naturally with the development of inner silence. Yogani talks of this in the Self Inquiry book.
If you are not familiar witht the "work" by Byron Katie, the book "Loving What Is" is a great approach to clearing blocks in combination with the inner silence developed with these practices.
Or you can go to http://www.thework.com/index.asp

All the best[:)]

YogaIsLife

pranic healing
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 09:26:10 AM »
Thank you riptiz and sparkle for your kind replies.

Hi,
Please ask away on any questions you have on healing and I will do my best to answer.Although I have in the past been heavily involved in healing, I now choose to follow the path of meditation. In my experience meditation will take you further in self healing although there is much you can do to assist yourself.

Thank you riptiz. It is hard to explain what I have. I have suffered from imbalances for a lot of my life but more drastic recently. I guess you would have to know me personally and get a bit of my history to "diagnose". I definetely have some energy inbalance and I also think that deep meditation is the best way to find balance again and it is working, though bringing all this purification symptoms with it and sometimes they are hard to handle. I take it very slowly and to a minimum and I think it is working but I have to be very delicate.

My symptoms include feelings of like a knot or pressure in my left lower abdomen, that spreads - like if it was a root with different knots - and creates knots also below my heart, in my neck, back of eye, head, back of kneee and centre of teh palm of the foot, all in the left side. Because of the specificity of the places and the fact that this feelings come and go (more intense in some situations than in others) I feel it is energy related - hence I called it blocks. When I read about pranic healing here I tried it for fun and I felt an immediate relief. I did the kind of "brooming" and sweeping they talk about with my rigth hand in the places I felt the congestion and, I don't know if it was my suggestion! - but it worked. I did it for 2 or 3 days and it relieved me a lot. That and a very clean diet I am doing - no bread, beans and legumes in general, only grilled or boiled food, no soft fruit, no fats. etc. I just followed my instinct and what my body was telling me (deep meditation helped my make it a bit alive again and it feels great) and it seems to work. I suffered for years with this pains...it is so stupid sometimes how we can spend years with disconforts because we don't know any better...or maybe think there isn't any better.

I was sufferng not only because of the feelings themselves (although not pleaseant) but because these feelings were associated with some depression, feelings of fullness, etc. It was like they were a manifestation of energy draining from my body or some very clear imbalances. A warning. It happened a lot just after any meal, so there is some connection with absortion of food. By the way, I also lack the spleen since I am 10 years old, not sure if this is a great minus in what concerns enlightment. Hope not! [:)] But could be related to some imbalances I have that I never noticed or understood before.

Another thing I complain about is headaches. I feel that a lot of tension and energy was accumulated in my head. I have studied a lot in my life (was doing a phd recently [;)]) and have a very active mind and also - and I think this was the main problem - I've had many problems with my eyes. I had a retinal detachemnt in my left eye 8 years ago (yes, left side again!) and I was a bit obsessed by it for some time and after reading the theories of Dr. Bates decided to go without glasses (I am myopic) for sometime as I thought that by sheer force (like "pretending" that I didn't need glasses to see)I would end my myopia. I know, foolish! I was 1 and a half year like that! I can be very stubborn and I did it on my own without any support or concern for what other people thought and I was leading (trying was more like it!) a normal life, driving, working etc. A stupid thing to do I know now.

You see, my problem has always been the fact that I have an intuition (or mental construction - the two blended a lot in the past) that something is true (like for example being able to correct myopia, or the fact that you can reach enlightment through meditation for example!) but not always find the best methods and am also self-willed and closed minded about it! And I end up literally burning myself out not even knowing how I did it and how it worked! That is why AYP came as a blessing to me as I could tell it was an effective method that is also safe (I feel supported) and centered in self-pacing, something I was never too good at! And something that is happening within myself, which is wonderfull as I can take it anywhere.

So now I am still paying for all this (stupid) mistakes. What pains me the most is that is not easy to explain this to other people. I try to live a normal life but it is hard for example to explain why I don't eat certain foods or don't drink alcohol (my body just feels bad with this things!), or I feel so tired all the time, etc.  Even me myself was not gentle with me as well and was forcing myself to do a lot when I should have self-paced or tried to be more aware of my deep feelings I guess...but not easy when you don't understand what is happening and how it works...Well, remember, always self-pace in life! [;)]

Another (crucial) problem is that I was always too mental. I always wanted to search deeper and never gave up and always questioned everything. People used to say to me to "stop thinking so much" and to not be so critical. I since then mellowed out! I had to surrender to the evidence that it was not taking me anywhere![:)] But still I was sad because I knew I never wanted to end my search for the truth, to go deep into things. So, once again AYP is like a miracle because it provides me with tools and especially hope again that I can take it easy and still see results.

I recently read part of Yogani's Self-Inquiry book (funny you mentioned it Sparkle! [:)])and saw myself a lot in it. When he talks about non-relational inquiry. I did A LOT of that and my results were accordingly - anxiety, depression, dizziness, tension. Especially this last few years. It was strange because deep down I didn't feel unhappy and had no reasons to be but this weight...this turmoil in my body...that is when I turned for energy as an explanation...started reading books on that, etc.

I was trying to control all the energy imbalances I felt in my body (I used to say then it felt like a stormy ocean inside that wanted to leap out and I struggled hard to contain it...it literally took a lot of energy to contain it) and the only way I knew how was to use the power of the mind and will. Sheer force, though, with no resting moment. Mind over matter. Mind over mind. You know it doesn't work but it was the best I jknew that I could do. Meditation, I guess, was the missing link.

I did a bit of that on my own following some intuition and was feeling a lot of what you call here 'automatic yoga'. So I decided to let it happen as I didn't know what was happening but reasoned (again I had only logic to turn to) that I better let my body do what it willed as I didn't know how to take care of it myself! Also maybe not the best option from what I read here. Fortunately soon after I found this site and now been doing deep meditation for about a month and a half and am feeling that it is good for me.

But today for example I have termendous headaches. I think it has to do with my eyes. So, do you know ways to soothe the eyes?

One thing more I want to say about self-inquiry and what yogani says there that resonated with me: some schools of thought say to be mindfull of every thought and some say not to do anything at all. Well, me, inadvertedly, did both and neither worked for me! When I was trying to contain myself and keep cosncious all the time through the mind I was able to pretend to be ok while cracking on the inside and when I realised that and decided not to think about it - trying to ignore what I was feeling everyday - also didn't make it go away. The problem is that I went from 2 extremes: first I wouldn't listen to anybody and had that impetus to search deep for the truth without any support (blindly, thus) and afterwards trying to compensate by being humble and deciding the search was foolish and dangerous and trying to ignore the impetus. It is tricky because I guess it is the middle way: you can search for the truth in you but it is unsafe to do it blindly. Also, it seems, if you have a strong thirst for something, it seems to be unwise to ignore it...I felt literally stuck between the sword and the wall...no way out...Hence I love AYP! [8D]

This is getting very long...Now you can see the knot I am in! (Or was in because I believe (and hope!) that I am in the right track now). As you can imagine also making decisions is extremely hard for me and I will have to make some life decisions soon but fortunately I took some time out and concentrate on getting well now.

I can tell you one more thing about my energy that can maybe ring a bell to you: I feel, like I said, a lot of tension in my head as well. Eyes, and top of the head, like a cloud hanging there. I think it is eye related - it is the mind that sees not the eyes and I kind of messed the circuitry! But what I feel is that an exhalation, for example, is much more pleasant and relaxing than an inhalation, which is unconfortable and can be almost painful sometimes. I started spinal breahting recently, very gently, and noticed the immense power of it. I feel it is good to me but I do have to take it very very gently. I literally just do it once or twice as I feel it working in me very much. I also feel an immense pleasure when I go down the spine and arrive at the perinieum. My anal sphicter contracts and I feel pleasure and my body releases tension through stretching. About my left and right inbalance as well: in the very start - and this is curious - I was tracing my spine (I personally imagine a ball of energy going up and down) mostly on the right side! It was like my left side was numb or didn't exist! But I trusted the method to work in balancing energies and I think it is working. I am now more centred in the tracing.

Well, this is it. Sorry for the long (and very probably messy!) post. It is hard to explain this things. Everything is also kind of new to me (I was raised in a family of kind of sceptics - except my mum [:)] - and have a scientific education...which doesn't help my case much!) so I am doing my best to understand this. I used to try to ignore it because I was afraid of it but it seems also not to be the best solution! Sometimes I think I am afraid of what I could achieve maybe! Part of me wants to be a "normal person" and part of me wants to explore and be adventurous. Trying to find the harmony and what a better place to start than with yoga, hein?! [8D]

Thanks for listening. All the best to you all.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 10:04:12 AM by AYPforum »

riptiz

pranic healing
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 09:26:30 AM »
Hi Yogaislife,
You appear to be on the brink of overload due to imbalances on a regular basis.I suggest you continue with AYP meditation and very careful self pacing.You may be starting the spinal breathing too early so be careful.Unfortunately the cleansing that comes with meditation can release baggage very powerfully and can take you over the top emotionally.It is often a fine line to walk.For self healing I suggest placing your hands on your stomach as you prepare to sleep and let them rest all night if possible.Drink plenty of water to flush away toxins.
L&L
Dave

YogaIsLife

pranic healing
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 01:18:54 AM »
Thanks dave. I appreciate your advice. I have indeed put pranayama to rest for now and am concentrating on meditation. I think things are settling down slowly. I feel more calm and a bit more robust. I appreciate your idea of the hands in the stomach while sleeping. Also I found it be good for me to start sleeping with my tummy up and later I turn over to sleep on my left side. Somehow it seems to be much more relaxing than on the right side...

spinal_tap

pranic healing
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 08:41:01 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle
Each time anyone transforms any aspect of themselves it is a healing for the whole universe and the greatest gift you can give to those around you is to heal/transform yourself.[:)]

I find it hard to understand that statement. Maybe I haven't practiced enough to be able to understand the logic but how can healing/transforming the self be the greatest gift one can give to those around her?

Is it not like a scientist with cancer that discovered the cure and decides to cure only herself and thus giving only hope as her greatest gift to those around her that it is possible to discover the cure?

Maybe this is a bad example, but it explain the opinion I have towards that statement. Sorry for my ignorance and the unintended aggression that stems from it.

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
pranic healing
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 08:47:26 AM »
Hi spinal tap.

Healing oneself is the first step....how can you heal another if you yourself are "sick"?  The idea is that when you heal yourself you create a "ripple" effect like a drop of water falling into a pond.  It affects everyone around you by your presence.  It may not be the type of healing you WANT to give others, but it is the most effective in my experience.  My experience only and I have LOTs to learn still[;)].

Love,
Carson[^]

emc

pranic healing
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 05:19:58 PM »
If you take it to an even more abstract level, I suppose you might have heard the expression "We are all One". Well... it's litterally true! It's just that we have to see through the illusion of separation to realize the truth of Oneness. Until then it's just hearsay and a mental breakdown for the mind to try to grasp! [:)]

Don Miguel Ruiz has a very nice way of expressing it: He says Earth is like One body with different organs in it to make everything work. Air is one, trees are another, water one etc... and Humanity is One big organ in which all people are connected just as all cells are connected in a liver. Inseparable, or there would not be a liver anylonger.

So when I heal, I improve the situation of the total "liver status", no? The more cells infected in a liver, the worse we will feel. Humanity is quite infected at the moment.

In my own experience, there is definitely a possibility of sensing another persons state (emotions, physical or mental state) by "tuning in" on them. I don't think I could do that if we were'nt One to start with. By widening my consciousness through the practice of meditation, I can eventually encompass Humanity in the end, and Earth... and the whole Cosmos and the Space holding it - sensing it as "I am all". That's Oneness.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:01:47 PM by emc »

spinal_tap

pranic healing
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 12:26:50 AM »
Hello CarsonZi

Thanks for the explanation guys. I think I am beginning to understand what Sparkle was trying to say. While my mind thinks as an individual, he thinks as the whole of humanity. It is still hard to totally grasp the concept, but maybe one day it will be clear to me.
-------------------------------

Does anyone here have activated palm/hand chakra? I was told that this is a chakra that can be activated by practicing physically. I have tried the exercise where I put my palms facing each other and move them back and forth as if pressing and pulling something.

I can feel the tingling at the tip of my fingers but my mind keeps trying to picture the actual form of that tingling sensation. The further I pull my palms apart from each other, the stronger the tingling sensation is. Is it a ball of energy? or maybe coils of energy from the tip of the fingers?  Does anyone know?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 12:42:40 AM by spinal_tap »