Author Topic: Journeys  (Read 889 times)

lorf

Journeys
« on: August 16, 2007, 07:20:19 AM »
A friend of mine just recently was locked up in a mental hospital. I understand from friends who are closer to him than I am he was travelling out of the body by will and then lost control. At one point he could no longer decide when to do it and not and he lost contact with reality from time to time. I also understand that there is a mix of mental illness and actual insights and intuition. The man used to brilliant in his understanding of the universe.
Now he is on strong medication and what I wonder is what can be done for him at this stage when it has already gone too far? What can be done to make his journey back to life shorter and less unpleasant?
Maybe this subject has already been covered in the list?

lorf

AYPforum

Journeys
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:20:39 AM »
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
Journeys
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 10:15:56 AM »
I think it would help to talk with him about everyday subjects, non spiritual in nature. Talk about everything in your life and other people in his life and what they are doing. Sometimes when people see other worlds they get confused and forget how to construct this one. Then being in a mental hospital is lacking in reminders of the real world.
So talking about the everyday world may help him to remember how it is put together.
Then if he has a religion, encourage faith and devotion. This establishes a direction and something safe to hold on to.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:17:31 AM by Etherfish »

emc

Journeys
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 05:52:18 PM »
A different perspective might be able to clear things up and clear your understanding of what he is going through so that your concern for him is one of compassion and not fear - if that is the case, I really don't know.

"he lost contact with reality from time to time."

"What can be done to make his journey back to life shorter and less unpleasant?"

"Then being in a mental hospital is lacking in reminders of the real world."

This shows in my perspective how mixed up we are with the mind. A suggestion is that he is now finding the REAL LIFE on a deeper level, probably increasing his brilliant understanding of the universe. Here in our "daily life" our minds trick us into believing we are living a real life, although we are actually not. We are universal beings and when you get a stroke of "mental illness" you are just shifting perspective, becoming more true, going into REALITY, out of this illusion - the world of the mind. It can be very scary for the being  (actually still the mind being scared) but most of all it is scary for those minds who are around that person. They will try their best to drug him or her back to the illusion of the mind. If it is the case that he is stuck in the astral world experiencing a lot of emotional turmoil medication might very well help him to cope for a while until he is through that friction.

It is hard to suggest anything since he is not explaining himself what he is going through. If I was his friend, I would just spend time in his presence and be there with him. BE - in presence, being true, being real - not in mind trying to understand. Just follow the flow of energies and IT will know exactly what to do to get him more capable of living both in reality as a BEING and function as a manifested body in this illusionary world of existence.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 08:41:23 PM by emc »

Kyman

Journeys
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 06:04:32 AM »
Sounds like he needs to get grounded.  When the mind stuff does manifest, to each his own, being grounded might make the difference between going to the hospital and chatting with some friends.

Ether made a great suggestion, talk about different things that will switch his mind's script.  

Also, a trip to the mental hospital might be a genuine expression of how loved he is.  Sometimes people need a little help to get back on track.

Hope things plays out smoothly.

lorf

Journeys
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 04:54:37 PM »
Thank you so much for your replies!
Make me feel a bit better about this whole thing.
Your replies are very much in line with my own conclusions and it is valuable to know that. I told his woman she can help him with the grounding and be there, present with him.

Love,
/lorf

anthony574

Journeys
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 03:15:38 AM »
suggest AYP to him? maybe the self-paced and modulated nature of the practices will satisfy his existentiality without going too far too fast. what spiritual practices was he doing before?

lorf

Journeys
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 06:08:32 AM »
He has been doing things like meditation and healing very much according to his intuition. I would say like self designed practices. Yes, I believe it will be very different for him after the experience from the hospital and I think you are right about AYP. I will certainly mention it to him.