Author Topic: Effects on blood as a result of yoga practices  (Read 2565 times)

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
Effects on blood as a result of yoga practices
« on: April 29, 2007, 11:48:16 AM »
Has anyone noticed strange things about their blood, from doing yoga?

Anytime I enter a deep samadhi for a while and come out of it, then brush my teeth, my gums bleed pretty bad.

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 01:36:43 PM »
Probably a coincidence, as bleeding gums is sign of a minor germ problem. I forget what
but my dentist talked about it.

Scott

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »
I originally assumed that was the case...or at least something similar.  But this has been consistent the past month.  My meditation schedule is sporadic (any time I feel like it, some days not at all).  Brush my teeth usually 3 times a day, and the only time my gums actually bleed is after samadhi.  And they bleed pretty bad!  Another strange thing is that they stop bleeding within like 5 seconds.

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 01:46:47 AM »
You may be brushing harder and/or differently as a result of the more intense concentration and energy post-samadhi.

Scott

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 03:12:41 AM »
That sounds legitimate, I'll pay more attention and see.

riptiz

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 04:02:35 AM »
Hi Scott,
I find that sometimes during the cleansing times that my nose bleeds easily and of it's own accord.This was a problem years ago as a child but has reoccured now during cleansing.
L&L
Dave

Scott

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 04:32:33 AM »
Same case for me, Dave.  My nose would bleed often when I was young, for whatever reason.  It stopped.  But a few times after a very deep samadhi, my nose would bleed.  It had the same phenomenon as the gums...the bleeding would stop very quickly.  I was able to "snot-rocket" the bloody mucous out (sorry for the disgusting mental image) and it wouldn't bleed anymore, which is usually strange for a nose bleed.

Thanks for sharing.

emc

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 08:18:07 AM »
Interesting to find this thread. I have started nose bleeding lately, particularly after meditation, and I have two hypothesis why this may be. What are your thoughts?

1. I associate it with starting to use the neti pot more regularly, getting very dry and sensitive mucous membranes in the nose from the salt. Perhaps wrong kind of salt? Used one with jod, have now switched to a clean salt without any extras. I started to use the neti pot to get rid of snot that has been a "left over" from the flu some weeks ago. So, very sensitive nose right now with some virus in as well... what can I do to ease the problem?

2. Perhaps I lack some mineral or vitamine due to a bad diet? Does anyone know what nose bleeding may be a sign of when it comes to lack of essential nutrients?

Grateful for any suggestions and thoughts...

Scott

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 08:38:11 AM »
As time has gone by, I've found that at least for me, it really is due to yogic purification.

Nancy

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 10:40:25 AM »
Scott
FYI Toothpaste with peroxide or Whitening Agents can have gums bleedou also

Do you bruise easily?
Nancy

emc

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 08:57:12 PM »
I bruise easily...

Nancy

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 12:06:13 AM »
emc
Is your bruising eaisly, like someone at the dinner table taps you to pass the gravy and after you find the tap had left a bruise?

I had a blood problem a while back and it began as such
- Fatigued always
- Bruised easily, my body was covered in bruises
- My gums would bleed when I brushed my teeth, and when I went to the dentist for my normal cleaning, they had to stop due to the excessive bleeding from my gums.

If any of those problems occur, please dont write it off as to oh it's the meditation, which it very well can and may be. What can and may be also is that your platlett counts are very low that they are unable to clot your blood.
I would go to the Dr. and request a full CBC w diff - and do so fasting for best results.

In an attempt to save you from feeling unheard by your dr. I would say my symptoms, not that I think, it's hapening due to my meditation.

Personally, I believe it's KUNDALINI -

Having gone through a sponteneous Awakening
(not knowing back than)
4 months thereafter my blood issues began  

Just another reason why qbody says STOP - TOO SOON - premature awakening can be dangerous)

emc

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 12:28:26 AM »
Thank you Nancy,

I do believe kundalini and energies can mess up the body quite well on it's own, as you mention. My problem is that I also live a very irregular life when it comes to food, exercise, sleep and to some extent also hygiene. [:)] Many reasons for that, often ending up in Catch 22 situations where the cure of one symptom would increase kundalini, so self-pacing stops the possible intervention to increase health etc etc... Almost all yogic practices for increasing health boosts energies, so at the moment it seems I am "forced" to a non-healthy and "muddy" life style or my kundalini symptoms quickly gets worse. So I have difficulties knowing what symptoms are due to an unhealthy life style, and what are only due to energies doing their job...

Lately symptoms have been piling up considerably simultaneously with an energy overload that has been going on for some months now. I now have a lot of minor uncomfortable symptoms of all kinds, and the latest being nose blood, gum bleeding and bruising - though not as easily as in you example, I just find myself having more bruises in strange places. I also have my period now and I have never bled this much ever!!! [:O] Gosh! It's pouring!

Nancy

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 02:30:32 AM »
Hi emc
I hear you completely and am glad that you are aware of the varies possiblities - when I had my "stuff" going on I was completely ignorant to meditation - nonetheless Kundalini - I didnt even know such a word existed.
I cannot CAUTION you enough to go and get a blood count to see where your platlettes are at - regardless of where the issues are stemming from.
The main reason I am telling you so bluntly is not to create fear for you, because I am only telling you my experience. When I finally went to the Dr it got to the point where I was immediately transported to the hospital via ambulance from the dr.'s office - they didnt let me go home and pack - nor have my sister drive me to the hospital. A normal platlett count ranges from 150,000 - 400,000 - my count was 2. Not 200 not 2,000, it was 2, they said I was a walking bomb if I had the slightest tap on my head that I would of bleed internally and die. Then had to undergo 2 years of oral steroids which had me appear as a blow fish - then to succum to remove my spleen. I know you dont want a 2 year set back.

My menstral cycle was ridiculously heavy and was lasting 10 days. Another FYI - if you can completely soak up a pad from top to bottom and one end to the other within a 2 - 3 hour time frame you need to call your dr. immediately.

Personally many health issues subsided when I finally learned what was up - did a complete total body cleanse and added more nutrients to the body.
Especially with kundalini - she hurts a lot less ripping through a cleaner system. If we are blocked at a certain chakra point, she cannot go straight up,so she enters the body to look for him and literally creates "Hell Like" within.

emc

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 07:34:12 AM »
Nancy, gosh, it sounds like quite a ride you got there! I'm glad to know you're ok now.

I think you might have a great point in going to a doctor just to do a check up and take a blood test. I have recently gotten that message from another source as well, and synchronicity is seldom random... Thank you for sharing your wisdom.