Author Topic: No expectations = miraculous happenings?  (Read 2479 times)

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
No expectations = miraculous happenings?
« on: August 15, 2013, 09:24:47 AM »
I've recently begun to notice a direct relationship between a lack of expectations and an abundance of miraculous happenings.

Perhaps it's only a matter of perception, and obviously the definition of "miracle" is a factor, but I've observed that when there are no expectations in mind about what may happen next, the result can often be things happening that are beyond what we generally accept as possible.

Has anyone else notice this relationship?

[^]

kami

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:34:58 AM »
Yes, YES!!

[3]

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 09:40:11 AM »
[^]

jeff

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 02:16:51 PM »
[:)]

maheswari

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 05:08:49 PM »
true....yesterday i was expecting something beautiful to happen, but unfortunately there was tension in me,in my partner,in the country ...so it was a flop
no exepctations...always surrender..always rest in the unknown...this is the key...yet we fail to remember this all the time [:I]

CarsonZi

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 01:59:27 AM »
I realized last night while I was falling asleep that it could perhaps be worthwhile to be a little bit more clear as to what I'm meaning when I say "lack of expectations."

The expectations I am talking about are the ones that are generally unconsciously accepted as reality.  What I've come to understand is that there is no such thing as "reality".... there is only "consensual reality," which is a set of beliefs that we as humans have (mostly unconsciously) collectively agreed to be bound to.  These are beliefs like gravity, space/time, cause and effect, etc etc.  What I've come to notice is that when these beliefs are gone (meaning there is no longer any expectation that I will not go floating away because gravity is just an idea), really strange and often wonderfully "impossible" things begin to happen.

Not sure if I could tell anyone *how* exactly to lose their unconscious beliefs in consensual reality, but if you can do it, existence will (possibly) open up to being something beyond your wildest dreams.

Love,
Carson [^]

whippoorwill

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 03:27:22 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

The expectations I am talking about are the ones that are generally unconsciously accepted as reality.  ....  These are beliefs like gravity, space/time, cause and effect, etc etc.  .... gravity is just an idea)....

You're not doing flips on the skateboard again, are you?  [:D][3]

I agree wholeheartedly with your post.  Anything is possible once we let go.   [:)]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:33:08 AM by whippoorwill »

jeff

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 04:12:22 AM »
quote:

I realized last night while I was falling asleep that it could perhaps be worthwhile to be a little bit more clear as to what I'm meaning when I say "lack of expectations."

The expectations I am talking about are the ones that are generally unconsciously accepted as reality.  What I've come to understand is that there is no such thing as "reality".... there is only "consensual reality," which is a set of beliefs that we as humans have (mostly unconsciously) collectively agreed to be bound to.  These are beliefs like gravity, space/time, cause and effect, etc etc.  What I've come to notice is that when these beliefs are gone (meaning there is no longer any expectation that I will not go floating away because gravity is just an idea), really strange and often wonderfully "impossible" things begin to happen.

Not sure if I could tell anyone *how* exactly to lose their unconscious beliefs in consensual reality, but if you can do it, existence will (possibly) open up to being something beyond your wildest dreams.

Love,
Carson [^]

Yep. Just more obstructions along the way to drop. [:)]

On telling how... When one moves beyond "local mind" to "universal mind", it becomes critical to work with "higher beings" or people who have already broken past the obstruction.  In essence, with their clarity, they broadcast light/energy that "hits" the obstruction so that it can be noticed (and ultimately dropped).

CarsonZi

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 05:55:57 AM »
Hi Jeff,

Why do you say it is "critical" to work with others who've transcended the obstructions caused by holding on to our beliefs in "consensual reality?"  Using the word critical seems to imply that there could be no other way... and I 'm noticing a lot of resistance to that on my part.  I'm hoping you can perhaps expand a bit.

Love,
Carson [^]

CarsonZi

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 05:59:25 AM »
Hi whippoorwill,

Yes, I'm back to doing flips (albeit with more awareness of my current level of ability) on my skateboard. [;)]. Am still supposed to be casted for another 6+ weeks. The broken arm feels to be at about 75% capacity but I'll have an X-ray on the 22nd to confirm that things are normal again. [:)]

Love,
Carson [^]

jeff

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 07:55:55 AM »
quote:

Hi Jeff,

Why do you say it is "critical" to work with others who've transcended the obstructions caused by holding on to our beliefs in "consensual reality?"  Using the word critical seems to imply that there could be no other way... and I 'm noticing a lot of resistance to that on my part.  I'm hoping you can perhaps expand a bit.

Love,
Carson [^]

Hi Carson,

Maybe "critical" is a strong word... How about "very helpful"?

In the expansion, one is attempting to sort of pull the subconscious (or Universal aspects of ) mind into conscious awareness. At the conscious level, one normally does not identify oneself as things like "wind",  "tree" or "light" and is sort of inherently obstructed from the realization. A being that is past those types of obstructions, naturally radiates the state of knowledge.

It is the same kind of effect that one can get in releasing fears/issues from a group meditation session.  Anyone who feels energy has probably noticed the "opening effect" of being around a person with great clarity/energy. Some people are so clear, that it is sometimes called the "presence of a guru effect".

Best, Jeff

(edit - removed extra that)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:17:26 AM by jeff »

CarsonZi

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 02:36:39 AM »
Hi Jeff,

quote:
Originally posted by jeff

Maybe "critical" is a strong word... How about "very helpful"?

Yeah, there is less resistance to that. [;)]

I think the reason there was so much resistance to the thought that it could be "critical" to utilize the assistance of "higher beings" in order to drop some of the most elemental of the human conditioning is because there are still some beliefs intact here that push me towards desiring "independence."  Thanks for helping me highlight this Jeff.

I *do* however hope that there are other ways to see through the "building block conditioning" without having to rely on "grace" or "outside help" (I say this knowing full well that there is no inside/outside and that we truly are all One).  In fact, tripone (from the AYP forums here) and I are about to launch a podcast and one of the episodes is going be revolving around us looking at and discussing the conditioning that is highlighted when we spend a whole week dedicated to looking at what our motivations for (even mundane) action are and then inquiring into the "source conditioning" that drives the bulk of our actions.  The hope is that doing this will help us highlight obstructions that are usually overlooked because they are just "normal human tendencies."

Love,
Carson

mr_anderson

• http://thejoyofdying.blogspot.com
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 03:22:57 AM »
Keep us posted on when the podcast comes out Carson, I will look forward to listening to that. I'd be interested in inquiring into my motivations for action. I've recently been inquiring into desires & aversions, just seeing what different desires/aversions are functioning on a macro scale within me, and how I allot my time/life as a person on a daily basis. But I haven't looked at it action by action.

whippoorwill

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 04:06:41 AM »
I second that!  [:)]  Going through a bit of that here as well.  

Love!!

CarsonZi

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 11:09:09 AM »
quote:

Hi whippoorwill,

Yes, I'm back to doing flips (albeit with more awareness of my current level of ability) on my skateboard. [;)]. Am still supposed to be casted for another 6+ weeks. The broken arm feels to be at about 75% capacity but I'll have an X-ray on the 22nd to confirm that things are normal again. [:)]

In case anyone has been following or is curious as to how the x-ray went today, here's the scoop...

To recap, I snapped the radius bone in my right arm directly below the (elbow) head on July 9th this year.  I was told by the orthopaedic surgeon 6 days after the injury that I should remain in the wrist to elbow (90 degree bend) cast and sling setup until the first week of October. "No lifting, twisting, pushing, pulling until after the cast comes off."  I chose to take the cast off after 1 week in order to 1.) be more comfortable and 2.) push the limits of human capabilities and see how quickly I could heal.  The hubris is obvious, even to me. [:I] [;)]  But, it seems logical to me that using the arm as much as possible, within reason, will help to speed the healing process and that leaving the arm in the cast would have actually been counter-productive to a speedy healing.  

Today, just under 6 weeks post injury, the orthopaedic surgeon had me x-rayed and after looking at them says I'm no less than 3 weeks ahead of the where I should be at in a normal healing process and that she is surprised by how quickly the fracture has healed.  She was stunned that I had taken the cast off after a week and have been essentially using my arm normally (albeit fairly carefully) since then but also said that "whatever you are doing, it is working and you should keep it up."  She thinks I should be able to do pushups etc within 3 weeks which is a full 6 weeks ahead of when she would expect that to be possible.  She was thoroughly impressed with my range of motion, which with this specific break is often permanently 20 degrees less than normal even after full healing.  My range of motion is only about 3-4% less than my left arm and there is almost no pain in either direction which the MD said was very unusual.

To me, this is a big step towards proving that our beliefs play an extremely large part in how we experience life and what is possible in it.  Our beliefs are our only limitations.

Love,
Carson [^]