Author Topic: "Day of Doom" Group Meditation  (Read 3268 times)

faileforever

"Day of Doom" Group Meditation
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 12:33:44 PM »
Works for me[:)]

whippoorwill

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2012, 01:15:16 PM »
Works for me too, but morning is best.  I can host.  [:)]

cosmic

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2012, 01:56:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kami

How about New Years day? Will that work for most?

Yep, I have the day off. Am looking forward to it [:)]

AumNaturel

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2012, 03:18:18 PM »
New Years day would be great! [3]

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
I'm in for New Years day too. [8D]

Yonatan

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2012, 10:49:53 PM »
I will be in too on new years day if the time would be about the same [:)]

whippoorwill

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2012, 05:06:57 AM »
Here's a doodle poll to help us find the best time.  I only included the times that I could host.  Hope that's okay.  [:)]

http://www.doodle.com/38h5bbqrpvviaxed

Please just put in your first name and check the times you can participate.  I'll pick the time with the most overlap and announce it here.

All the best!
--Liz

mikkiji

• http://mikkiji.wordpress.com/
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2012, 12:24:18 PM »
I did the poll, Liz, and I'm in fir whenever is good for everyone else!
Michael

Swan

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »
Hello dear ones… Merry Christmas to all!!![:)]

Sorry about the late posting, I wanted to share my experience with the group meditation.

I was going through a long period of overload since January 2012 and away from meditation, still powerful things kept happening with me, though the life outside was not much affected badly. Instead, some awesome development took place in the mean time in my professional and personal life, as well as spiritual life (silence/conductivity wise), making it a very fulfilling year. However, there was everyday issue as I had to deal with the overload symptoms – mostly pain and pressure on the forehead, and not being able to meditate a bit as it will have almost immediately increased symptoms.

Recently things were calming down step by step, and I started to experiment with couple of minutes meditation, some time breath focused and sometime with the long mantra, to see how it turns out. When I read about the group meditation here, I was enthusiastic but did not know if I could make it or not.

On the day, I sat for the meditation and from the very beginning there was a strong grounded feeling that I found very reassuring – so much that during the meditation often I started noticing that how well I am doing and how good it feels, then ooops – pause the thought and back to the breath!! I have experienced an amazing new level of silence where my body seemed to be weightless like a feather, permeated by silence.

I did not have any time frame in mind before going in, and started with SBP and then breath meditation after five minutes of SBP, and got up when I felt like it. Then looking at the time I found that I actually did a full session. Currently I am regularly having one sitting per day with breath meditation.

I am very thankful to dear Liz, Kami  and everybody for making the group meditation happen. If timing allows, I will be interested to join in the coming events.

[3][:)]
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 04:59:43 PM by Swan »

kami

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2012, 05:34:20 AM »
Swan,

Thank you for that beautiful account. And for the radiance you bring to this forum. I love reading your posts, and am grateful to have shared that experience with you, and everyone who made it.

Much love to you,
kami

Swan

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2012, 04:24:57 PM »
Thank you dear Kami. I am also very happy and grateful to be a part of the voyage towards light, along with the amazing people like you [:)]

Much love to you too...
[/\]

whippoorwill

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2012, 02:39:54 AM »
Hi Swan!  I'm glad things are smoothing out for you!  [3]

Hi Everyone!  Thanks so much for your responses to the doodle poll.  It looks like there is no time that works for everyone, but 9AM Central seems to work for most.  

So lets have our New Year's Day meditation at 9:00 AM Central.  I'll initiate the Skype call at 8:55.

There's room for 3 more participants, if anyone else would like to join.

If you've already sent me your skype user name, please send me an e-mail indicating that you would like to participate.

To sign up for the first time:

• Please send me an e-mail with your Skype user name.

• I will then send you a request via Skype asking you to add me to your Skype Contacts.

• Once I've been added to your Skype contacts, you will be able to participate in the group video call.

Contacting me via e-mail:

• If you have already posted 5 times in the forums, you can use the "Send E-mail" function on my profile page.

• For those who have not yet posted 5 times, I've added my e-mail to the bio section of the profile.

Happy New Year, everyone!  I look forward to seeing you next year!  [:)]

--Liz

faileforever

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2012, 03:07:27 AM »
Sounds great! [:D]

kami

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2012, 09:31:21 AM »
Hi all,

Thanks again amazing Liz!!

Was wondering how people feel about going with a retreat kind of practice this time with 5-10 min SBP, 20 min DM, 10 min samyama (optional) and 10 min rest? Would require an hour of everyone's time.. Is that acceptable for most? If not we could just go with the DM like the global weekend schedule, no worries.

Love,
kami

whippoorwill

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2012, 03:43:10 AM »
[:)]

I've got Cosmic, Faile, mikkij, Carson, Yonatan, Kami, and AumNaturel at 9:00 AM Central.

American_Baba, spiritdancer, and healthy119 can't make it at that time, so I'll start up another call at 11:00 Central but likely won't participate in the meditation.  It'll be too much, I think.  [:)]

Did I miss anyone?

Love!
--Liz