Author Topic: Not able to meditate long  (Read 1116 times)

viv

Not able to meditate long
« on: May 12, 2012, 02:42:38 AM »
Hi everyone, I have been trying to meditate since few months. When I sit for meditation, after some time it feels that there has been quite a long time, but when I look in the clock it has been only 5 mins.

Is there any way that can help.........

Regards....

axelschlotzhauer

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 05:24:02 AM »
viv,

I checked also your posting on opening the chakras which made me smile [:D][:)] Your chakras are open in different degrees, most open in the throat.

This shows your own feeling and question if the chakras are on the spine but you have the impression that they are before the body.

That is true when they are open and active having left their inactivity in the outside blooming to the outside.

So I snuffed them to the spine by breath and thinking them back not liking also that left turning means that your energy got suck outwards or rightturning inwards.

The advantage is that you are not so sleepy and more awake.

your open chakras stem presumably from your religious practice and mantrarezitation if not an initiation or diksha.

Now to your posting on to short meditation time. There you should alert, conscious and not dreaming. Dull mind the tibetan masters an animal state. If this is the case  I don't know.

Do you use a mantra like in AYP'? The length of meditation is of no importance in the beginning but doing it daily building up the power and concentration for longer times which are not recommended by AYP if you are doing their practice.

You understood tat AYP does not working the chakras in the beginning needing a deeper knowledge.

In the beginning it is typical that you have no feel for the length of the meditation thinking it was more but think it was long and enough. If you feel joyful and good with this length it is enough. Tibetan masters say shorter and repeated meditations like the two in the day of AYP are better than long ones for building up a practice of meditation.

Axel

viv

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 02:14:11 PM »
@axelschlotzhauer :

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I asked that question quite a long time ago, because I got confused as to where these chakras are . :)

Now it has passed, these days during meditation, I can clearly feel tingling at my third eye and my crown, at times also at throat and below. But third eye and crown are very clear.

Only when I am very tired then I go off to sleep, if I try to concentrate while lying on bed. But that sleep is of different kind, because I dream with eyes closed, but also aware of my surroundings.

This happens rarely, but is nice to enjoy.....

Also as you have asked, I use mantras only when I am praying(pooja), not during meditation.

Regards..
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:07:53 PM by viv »

axelschlotzhauer

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 09:32:32 PM »
So you succeeded in bringing the chakras back to the spine by AYP for a more powerful energy in the spine by kundalini. But it will meet with your religious practice.

Though sawasana and dead corpse position is not recommended for sleepinessyour strong throat chakra good for dreamyoga allows it otherwise. But many get difficulties wit floating and excorporating over the body.

You say that you feel the surroundings in your lying with closed eyes. This can mean different states of consciousness in the physical, etherical, astral etc body. Do you feel or see that?

Axel

Medea

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 11:35:57 PM »
Hi viv,

I'm sorry, but your question is not entirely clear to me. Can you describe what happens when you meditate? Do you have physical discomforts or are there other sensations that makes the experience un-pleasurable? After you've seen on the clock that only 5 minutes have passed, do you go on with you mediation procedure or do you stop? And just to be clear; do you practice AYP-style Deep Meditation?

Edit: O and guys, for the sake of clarity: it seems that after the original question you started to discuss this thread here: http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=10718 which makes things a bit confusing. So can you move that discussion there and stay on-topic here? Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:00:36 AM by Medea »

AumNaturel

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 12:31:54 AM »
If for whatever reason you can't sit for more than 5 minutes, continue on with that as you already have for a few months. Keep honoring the habit of twice daily, and maybe don't put too much concern on how short or long a session is. Over time, the practice duration can also change all on its own.

viv

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 03:44:47 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by axelschlotzhauer

So you succeeded in bringing the chakras back to the spine by AYP for a more powerful energy in the spine by kundalini. But it will meet with your religious practice.

Though sawasana and dead corpse position is not recommended for sleepinessyour strong throat chakra good for dreamyoga allows it otherwise. But many get difficulties wit floating and excorporating over the body.

You say that you feel the surroundings in your lying with closed eyes. This can mean different states of consciousness in the physical, etherical, astral etc body. Do you feel or see that?

Axel

I had this two times. At one time I was dreaming while at other it looked as if I was seeing through closed eyes (my surroundings). At both of these incidents I was hearing everything going on.

viv

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 03:50:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Medea

Hi viv,

I'm sorry, but your question is not entirely clear to me. Can you describe what happens when you meditate? Do you have physical discomforts or are there other sensations that makes the experience un-pleasurable? After you've seen on the clock that only 5 minutes have passed, do you go on with you mediation procedure or do you stop? And just to be clear; do you practice AYP-style Deep Meditation?

Edit: O and guys, for the sake of clarity: it seems that after the original question you started to discuss this thread here: http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=10718 which makes things a bit confusing. So can you move that discussion there and stay on-topic here? Thanks.

Hi Medea,

Thanks for your reply.
What you have asked that totally depends on time. For ex : during weekdays I donot get enough time, wake up at 4:30 morning , so do not get complete sleep (require 8 hour sleep), so I donot make enough successive attempts. But on holidays, I do it again.

Also while working if I get free for some time, I can concentrate at crown and third, after that I get tired a bit.

It's just that with eyes closed, I can not get it long, may be it will come with time........

And yes I donot have any physical discomforts, I had them before. But now I can sit atleast for 20 mins.

It's just that, with eyes closed, may be I get bored or something like that, so time seems expanded to me, or may be I am not able to go deeper in meditation.

So was searching for a way, may be it will come naturally with time....

And that thread which you have mentioned is old one.....

Thanks for replying.
God bless you.

Thanks for reply again..
God bless you..
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:02:33 AM by viv »

viv

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 04:03:46 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by AumNaturel

If for whatever reason you can't sit for more than 5 minutes, continue on with that as you already have for a few months. Keep honoring the habit of twice daily, and maybe don't put too much concern on how short or long a session is. Over time, the practice duration can also change all on its own.

Hmmm, I also think same.
You all have helped me in case of query.

Thanks...

Medea

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 10:35:57 PM »
Hey viv,

AumNaturels advice is very good. Having a daily practice (even if it's just for a few minutes) is more important then the practice time. You mention that you only are able to meditate in the holidays, but maybe 5 minutes after you wake up and 5 minutes before dinner is doable? Information on how to meditate (if you have not read this already) can be found here. The important thing is not to strain yourself, but at the same time be steadfast to maintain a daily practice routine. A few minutes a day do way more then longer sessions every once in a while. If you do that, you will probably notice that the sessions can be made longer more easily.

Note that in AYP, it is not advised to work with or concentrate on the crown directly. This can lead to symptoms that are not desirable. If you want to have a few moments for yourself at work, I would advice you to close your eyes and watch the breath for a while. Using breath mediation instead of focusing on the crown and third eye like you describe, will probably leave you more refreshed as well :) Good luck!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:36:43 PM by Medea »

viv

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 12:14:39 AM »
Hi Medea,

Thanks for your advice. I did not intentionally started to concentrate on crown, but I started to have tingling over there, while focusing on third eye.
Also when I meditate enough, it stops.
As a precaution, I asked GOD to go easy on me, make it gradual or whatever he wants. He only knows what's best for me. [:)]

Regards...