Author Topic: kundalini and lust  (Read 1059 times)

JosephUK

kundalini and lust
« on: July 31, 2011, 11:47:47 PM »
Hi everyone.

I've cut right down on my spinal breathing practice recently and i had this weird experience.

I started to believe that i was simply surrounded by energy and felt very spiritual, so i put on some kirtan music and did some spinal breathing, but then i noticed the energy in my wasn't divine it was more like lust and didn't have the properties of ectasy i was used to.

I noticed also that normally my intention is light and full of love when i practice but it was more of a negative intention, and full of lust.

it seemed to fill me from head to toe.

It was almost like loosing control, I had to fight to keep control of my self more from lust than anything else.

it's put me off spinal breathing and i wonder whether i need some counseling to come to terms with my sexuality or something.

having said that this kind of thing has happend to me before many times but normally i become quite unwell, so i guess this time is a positive thing.

I've had some satanic karma to deal with and been very, yin (receptive and inward looking) which has made me very susceptible to others energies.

I guess i'm saying, i'm not having kundalini symptoms but how can i cultivate kundalini if this is my spiritual environment.

i guess it's all in intention.

Joe

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
kundalini and lust
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 12:13:49 AM »
It is a purification phase. Don't judge what is going on. Just accept it as a part of purification. If it makes you uncomfortable, self pace, but don't give up practices because of this phase. It will pass very soon if you don't judge it or dwell on it.
Hope this helps.

jeff

kundalini and lust
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 03:54:47 AM »
Feelings of "lust" could also be a bit of energy overload. You may want to consider some grounding activities. A good work out or spending time in nature should help.

But as Shweta said, dwelling on it is an Ego trap. No need to give the worry the extra energy.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:36:54 AM by jeff »

JosephUK

kundalini and lust
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 05:43:08 AM »
Hey,

these answers sound very grounded. I'll approach the practice again gently.

it could also be overload as I'm doing a lot of practice these days.

Joseph

maheswari

kundalini and lust
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 05:51:28 AM »
lust will be felt a lot during purification....what is wrong with lust? the sexual energy is the same spiritual energy...they are not opposites
go beyond the scenery...go beyond all the social taboos....things will calm down soon enough[:)]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 06:10:39 AM by maheswari »

bewell

kundalini and lust
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 12:45:35 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by JosephUK

I noticed also that normally my intention is light and full of love when i practice but it was more of a negative intention, and full of lust.

Hi Joe,

I appreciate the honesty of your sharing, and I want you to know that you have touched me deeply with your words.  In many ways I feel I have grown beyond the particular place of struggle that you have articulated here, and all of the excellent responses that have been offered are words that I could have said.  On the other hand, I still am in the middle of the problem.  I am aware that by acting on some of my desires for illicit sex I could really hurt others and myself.  And when I look back at my past behavior sometimes I cringe with regret while in the next breath having a sense that nothing is wasted.  

You are not alone.

Peace,

Be

JosephUK

kundalini and lust
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 06:20:39 AM »
well. i'm moved by the energy transmitted by your response. It's good to know that it's just a stage.

Joe