Author Topic: sex and kundalini  (Read 782 times)

lmaher22

sex and kundalini
« on: May 30, 2011, 09:09:03 AM »
I'm just finishing up another one of Yogani's books and he briefly mentions near the end that sooner or later if we continue we'll need to face the opening emotions of kundalini. If one could describe me---and especially my wife--- the word prude would difinately come to mind. Irish Catholic and all that. And if you haven't heard the old joke yet that the Irish sex manual's title is "Brace yourself Bridget" then here it is. Anyway it's a real sticking point for me. Perhaps I'm over-thinking this but at my age the less about sex the better. No judgements on anyone else, for sure. I'm just kind of stuck being this way. Am I worried for nothing?
Thank you all.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
sex and kundalini
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 10:45:10 AM »
Hi Imaher,

Yes, you are worried for nothing. Kundalini awakens regardless of your choice regarding your sex life. It will awaken if you are celibate, or a passionate lover, and the experience will be the same. There are many opening emotions of kundalini, not only sexual ones. The first time my kundalini awakened, I experienced only bliss. The second time, I experienced a profound (and sometimes overwhelming) sense of unconditional love.

It is all part of the journey. What you chose to do (or not do) sexually, is entirely up to you.

All the best.

Christi

lmaher22

sex and kundalini
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 11:49:38 AM »
Whew, thank you Christi