Author Topic: my own milestone :)  (Read 990 times)

wigswest

my own milestone :)
« on: February 07, 2010, 08:59:32 AM »
Dunno how much this points to Enlightenment, but this week marks the first week I've been successfully off of antidepressant meds in over 10 years (since I first started them, that is).

Every time I've tried to quit them before I've ended up in shambles after three days...but now, all good (so far).

This is in no small part thanks to AYP - and therefore Yogani - and so I offer my thanks to Yogani and all of you here.

Any of you guys having doubts about daily practice, no matter how little you seem to be gaining, just hang in there :)

Namaste, my friends :)

NagoyaSea

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 09:05:28 AM »
that is way cool wigswest. glad to hear it...

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 09:22:11 AM »
Awesome to hear Wigswest....I wish you nothing but the best and hope that the second week is even easier then the first....and the third easier then the second etc.  

Love.
[^]

Yonatan

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:41:13 AM »
Great to hear wigwest [:)]

Keep at it, and I wish you to be well, wherever life takes you.

LOVE,

Yonatan

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 01:01:52 PM »
That's great news Wigswest, congratulations![:)]

cosmic

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 03:32:17 PM »
That's awesome, wigs. I know how you must feel... AYP helped me get off anxiety meds several years ago. I'm way happy for you  [:D]

Wish you the best!

Love
cosmic

tamasaburo

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 01:11:04 PM »
That's wonderful news. I had a similar experience. Before beginning Qigong and Yoga I was on three different psychiatric meds for depression, anxiety and insomnia. About three years ago I was able to reduce to just one and two years ago (about a year after beginning AYP) I was able to get off all of them altogether. Though it may not mean as much to those who have never had serious problems with depression and anxiety and the like, this really is one of the greatest potential health benefits of yoga and qigong, imo--way beyond the toned butt that gets all the coverage. Thanks again to Yogani and all my teachers!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:25:18 PM by tamasaburo »