Author Topic: An ayp retreat.  (Read 1858 times)

miguel

An ayp retreat.
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 07:47:43 PM »
Victor,the practice i do is my own pace.I cant do more without overloads.
There are persons,like me,who are very sensitives to practices.
It seems a little practice,but i get much benefit in my life over the long term.Little by little.
One mte of pranayama 2 per day,day by day,month by month really works.Its acumulative.
Thats my own pace.It has beeen fixed after some serious research here.
Sensitive meditators exist.There are some of them in this forum.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 07:58:35 PM by miguel »

miguel

An ayp retreat.
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 07:53:20 PM »
RSS,

There is nothing wrong with you.If you feel confortable with that amount of practice,it means that its your own pace.Like i said to Victor,we all are diferent.The things that works for you maybe dont work for me.
If you dont have overloads,thats great i think.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 07:58:57 PM by miguel »

miguel

An ayp retreat.
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 02:35:16 AM »
"Rest / Silent Observing
(One Hour)
"

I dont understand this point. How should i do this...only lying on the bed? what if i fall asleep? Must i be sit down?
Sorry,dont know very well...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:36:50 AM by miguel »

miguel

An ayp retreat.
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 08:33:29 AM »
quote:
"Rest / Silent Observing
(One Hour)"

I dont understand this point. How should i do this...only lying on the bed? what if i fall asleep? Must i be sit down?

[?][:D]

Yonatan

An ayp retreat.
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 08:48:57 AM »
Hi,

I think at that time you could rest maybe sitting outside or lying on the bed, while observing silently the thoughts that come up, sounds and sensations. Or maybe sleep if you're tired.. [:)]

miguel

An ayp retreat.
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 05:41:34 PM »
Thanks Yonatan.[:)]

mimirom

• http://www.youtube.com/user/mimirom
An ayp retreat.
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 08:06:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

"Rest / Silent Observing
(One Hour)
"

Hi miguel,

this is often on schedule during Buddhist meditation retreats. I think it's what has been also called "simple resting in the present moment," for instance. I'd say it's basically relaxing while being present and wakeful, in a relaxed mode, as best you can. Not judging yourself for not being sharper then you simply are naturally. It means not reading a book or newspapers, or watching TV, or doing needlework or whatever we usually do to avoid the present moment. You can sit outside in the sun, or have a relaxed walk, or lay down a bit and watch all the things that enter the mind - sounds, emotions, thoughts (memories, speech, planing, judgment), likes, dislikes, seeing, smelling, touching, etc. Basically just not doing anything particular. Only being in the moment in a relaxed, non-judging way.
When you fall asleep, then you're taking rest - no problem, it's not zen meditation...

Hope this helps,

Roman

mimirom

• http://www.youtube.com/user/mimirom
An ayp retreat.
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 08:15:10 AM »
I personally find it helpful to do a light labeling during this period. It helps. One can very lightly mentally label whatever manifests in the mind. That means when you hear a bird, you can silently label "hearing," or when you feel nice inside, then "pleasant," for instance. Very lightly, just in your mind. This is used in meditation centers in Burma. It helps you to stay present, not to get lost in stories and pictures.

miguel

An ayp retreat.
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 06:50:00 PM »
Thank you mimirom.[:)]