Author Topic: sneaky old samadhi  (Read 672 times)

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
sneaky old samadhi
« on: September 25, 2009, 05:52:44 AM »
okay i was taking a shower half an hour ago and silence creeped in...

i don't know if anyone here follows my posts but in my posts i've mentioned a lot before a certain awareness\\silence which creeps in throughout the day automatically by itself and with it comes a lot of clarity, peace...

anyways while i was messing with the whole soapy business[8D]; i suddenly realized that it's the same samadhi which creeps in and takes over me during deep meditation practice (kind of had one of them aha moments at that moment[:D]) and yes it's empty yet it's all there actually is hihihih.

Adyashanti spoke about such moments of clarity and says that once we appreciate and welcome them with gratitude and without interfering or trying to hold on to them; they will happen more and more... and out of my own experience i say that the guy is right.

in gratitude to Adya and Yogani; both paths seem very complementary.

namaste

Yonatan

sneaky old samadhi
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 07:07:10 AM »
Sounds great!!

All the best.

_/|\\_

christiane

sneaky old samadhi
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 07:36:51 AM »
Funny how important 'realizations' happen during the 'soapy business'!

[:)]

Kirtanman

• http://livingunbound.net
sneaky old samadhi
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 01:54:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

in gratitude to Adya and Yogani; both paths seem very complementary.

namaste

... along with maybe a few others (paths, teachers) as well ....

Trisu Cathurtham Tailavadasecyam

"The fourth {state; samadhi; silent awareness} should be sprinkled like oil into the three {states of waking, dreaming and deep sleep}."
Shiva Sutras 3.21

... written in Kashmir ... about twelve hundred years ago.

Kshemaraja (lead disciple of Abhinavagupta) says, in his exposition on the Shiva Sutras (written roughly a thousand years ago):

"The savor (rasa) of consciousness gradually pervades these three states like oil sprinkled on a cloth, until all three are constantly experienced by the yogi in the contemplative absorption of the fourth state {samadhi; pure bliss consciousness}."

*Awesome* experience, Ananda ... and one that's well-verified, in sacred literature.

Samadhi ... pure silent awareness ..... is what we each and all actually *are* now; when the blocks (thinking) covering it are removed (via practices, inquiry and presence) .... it can't help but shine forth in-as the totality of every moment we actually *are*.

And yes --- I can verify, as well --- this is how it starts .... and it does spread ... amazingly .... so beautifully .... yet so normally; it (silent awareness) *really is* who/what we each and all are, now.

Heart Is Where The AUM Is ... & Its Silent Music is the Beauty We Are,

Kirtanman

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:58:49 PM by Kirtanman »

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
sneaky old samadhi
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 05:08:36 PM »
Yonatan, Christiane, Kirtanman Mwwah i love you guys[:D]...