Author Topic: Revelation or Spiritual Insight...  (Read 781 times)

m_a_srini

Revelation or Spiritual Insight...
« on: October 10, 2006, 05:35:04 AM »
This occurred to me about two weeks ago and thought of sharing this with the rest of the AYP community whilst seeking advice on the same.
Here is what happened on the morning of 9/26/2006 at 4:45 am.
This information was the first thing that popped in my head as soon as I woke up and was extremely lucid in my mind.

=============================
Date: 09/26/2006

This morning the wake-up alarm went off on my new phone to do pranayama and meditation.  
Woke up very alert and lucid.  

In this state of mind, there were very profound axioms (for lack of a better word) were
revealed to me. As though, the veil of ignorance that had been masking me all this while
had been completely removed.  It offered me a glimpse of what is out there.

Revelation(s):

- The spiritual seeker who meditates must strive to transcend the subtle body.
  The subtle body or Sukshma Sharira or Linga Sharira contains 2 of the 4 inner
  instruments of the Antahkarana namely Manas and Buddhi.  Since Manas or mind
  is connected to the physical senses a seeker who has is yet to transcend the
  subtle body may still be experiencing the sensations arising out of the various
  physical sense organs.  In such a state, although the seeker is meditating (s)he
  is still aware from the perspective of the gross senses.

- The spiritual seeker should not be conscious of the body or must strive to lose
  body consciousness.  When the seeker attains this state (s)he may reach or may be
  on their way to a higher plane of consciousness (still unknown to me) which, I
  believe, to be past the subtle body. Since Manas and Buddhi are part of the subtle
  body. If we were to transcend the subtle body, it implies that the mind has been
  quiesced and as such there is no need for Manas and Buddhi.
  If we transcend Manas and Buddhi and in essence the subtle body then the reason for
  differentiation of two individuals no longer exists implying that all are ONE. Put
  another way it is the combination of Manas, Buddhi, Chitta, Ahankara which leads to
  the notion of me and you or he and she or he and I and so forth.  

So, it must be our immediate goal to transcend the subtle body by striving to lose
  body consciousness.
==========================

Your input/advice is appreciated.

Regards,
- Srini

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 12:26:14 PM »
Hey Srini,

You are very inquisitive and learned.  I'm glad you're here.

You say that our goal must be to transcend the subtle body.  I have experienced this as a result of meditating for a short time.  Attention can drift to one of the many things in this world, or nothing at all.  Lately it seems to be drifting towards nothing at all most of the time.

It's hard because I have to study for classes.

m_a_srini

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 03:27:35 AM »
Hi Scott

Thanks for sharing your insight. I have similar issues as well, but all I can say is that I'm a total novice at this stuff as I have been
practising pranayama and meditation for just over 2 years now.
So, I'm not sure if I'm a good resource for answers.  

But I do know what you are talking about. At work, many a time I just go completely blank losing track of what I was doing just a few minutes ago.  It takes me a while to get back to the swing of things.
It maybe related to the practice or it maybe that I'm just growing old. Turned 40 this year. So... well you know what I mean.

Regards,
- Srini

Wolfgang

• http://www.odysseyofthesoul.de
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 08:09:17 PM »
We are not humans trying to get a spiritual experience,
we are Spirit having a human experience !
Our body is here to help us evolve.
Balance is the key thing.

Love & Light
Wolfgang

Richard

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 09:03:17 PM »
Yes Yes Wolfgang [^] How often we forget that [8D]

Richard