Author Topic: Me and my girlfriendS  (Read 1930 times)

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 01:57:53 PM »
Monogamy is a lifestyle choice not an absolute rule for mutually fullfilling romantic connections.  I'm sure there are pro's and con's to both sides.  We each have to walk our own paths.

Love!
Carson [^]

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jul 15 2012 03:59:54 AM

yogishankar

Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 02:12:30 PM »
quote:
What do I really want? Freedom without attachement...

I am glad for your reply, I don't think I would re-engage in a romantic relationship afterwards. Meditation, introspection and life itself is so much more important to me.

I try to never judge anything nowadays.. Just like a bird [:D]

Your messages are interesting to read. I can write few stories based on the outline provided by you.

So you are looking for romantic relationships without commitment?  Just like a bird? You are asking the question in a wrong forum [:o)].  

As a Yogi, I can advise you few things out of my own experience. If you do Yoga regularly two times day for next 3 years, you will lose all interest in women. You will shave your head and would not bother to attract any woman. And one thing I can assure you. You will sense happiness in your heart, which is far better than romantic love happiness.  
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:49:54 PM by yogishankar »

machart

Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 02:24:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Yaming

The whole monogamy thing is in my opinion totally overrated. Just find the life that you want and that you are happy with! That is my advice :)

Well...if you are in a relationship...it is more than finding the life that just you want...once you have kids and a family, life gets a lot more complicated...but good luck with the polygamy thing...sounds way too complicated to me...I like to keep it simple...and my wife would kill me if I thought otherwise...my advice...keep the people around you happy..and you will be happy.

Yaming

Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 05:01:27 PM »
quote:
Monogamy is a lifestyle choice not an absolute rule for positive romantic human connection. I'm sure there are pro's and con's to both sides. We each have to walk our own paths.

Nicely expressed. That's what I wanted to say. :) Thanks Carson.

Giacomo

Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 10:29:37 PM »
Silence... There is nothing.. And everything, like a dream passing by.. Meaningless... what does it all matter? It matters nothing [:)]

Keep you all posted, thank you!

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 02:30:23 AM »
@ carson and yaming. Yes it's a life choice I agree i am not forcing my opinions. But i just don't see it as the right thing to do... Bcz no one could be fair to more than one lover... And i am not speaking about sex... I am speaking about the whole package here. This is my life choice and it's based on personal experiences... Peace

CarsonZi

Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 07:16:23 AM »
Hi Ananda,

"No one could be fair to more than one lover."  

I'm not sure that you can know that, which is the whole point in saying that it is a lifestyle choice.  You can of course choose monogamy for yourself.  But by telling another that if they choose polygamy or something other than monogamy they will "not be able to be fair to more than one lover" *IS* (at least in my opinion) forcing your opinion on another.  

I realize that having more than one romantic partner is going to have it's own set of challenges, but that again is the "lifestyle choice."  Hell, there are entire sects of religions (like fundamentalist Mormons for example) that have polygamy as part of their defining characteristics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy)... and many of those families live happy, well adjusted lives not just as lovers but as parents.

So, I respect your choice to practice monogamy but I think you should also respect other people's choices to practice whatever kind of relationship they resonate with without telling them that there is zero chance for a happy successful relationship unless their relationship has the same format yours does.

Love,
Carson [^]

maheswari

Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 07:29:38 AM »
i do respect ur opinion yogishankar and this lifestyle might work for you but keep in mind that lots of yogis are in a relation (sometimes many relations)with a partner and/ or are married with kids....yoga and sex are definitely NOT mutually exclusive..at least not in ayp and in modern advaita tradition...having those opinions  about do and do not...should and should not..are all opinions created by the dividing mind....in unity there is nothing pre set, all is perfectly valid
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:30:48 AM by maheswari »

karl

Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 07:34:33 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Giacomo

Silence... There is nothing.. And everything, like a dream passing by.. Meaningless... what does it all matter? It matters nothing [:)]

Keep you all posted, thank you!

[:D] how quickly you feel the current.

Ananda

Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 03:43:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Hi Ananda,

"No one could be fair to more than one lover."  

I'm not sure that you can know that, which is the whole point in saying that it is a lifestyle choice.  You can of course choose monogamy for yourself.  But by telling another that if they choose polygamy or something other than monogamy they will "not be able to be fair to more than one lover" *IS* (at least in my opinion) forcing your opinion on another.  

I realize that having more than one romantic partner is going to have it's own set of challenges, but that again is the "lifestyle choice."  Hell, there are entire sects of religions (like fundamentalist Mormons for example) that have polygamy as part of their defining characteristics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy)... and many of those families live happy, well adjusted lives not just as lovers but as parents.

So, I respect your choice to practice monogamy but I think you should also respect other people's choices to practice whatever kind of relationship they resonate with without telling them that there is zero chance for a happy successful relationship unless their relationship has the same format yours does.

Love,
Carson [^]

I am wrong since you put it this way... I can't argue with what you shared... You are right. I respect each person's choice.. Mine is being with only one person whom I can be fully devoted to..

Love,
Ananda

CarsonZi

Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

I respect each person's choice.. Mine is being with only one person whom I can be fully devoted to..

Mine too. [;)]

Love,
Carson [^]

Ananda

Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 04:26:38 PM »
A+

Giacomo

Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 11:02:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by yogishankar

quote:
What do I really want? Freedom without attachement...

I am glad for your reply, I don't think I would re-engage in a romantic relationship afterwards. Meditation, introspection and life itself is so much more important to me.

I try to never judge anything nowadays.. Just like a bird [:D]

Your messages are interesting to read. I can write few stories based on the outline provided by you.

So you are looking for romantic relationships without commitment?  Just like a bird? You are asking the question in a wrong forum [:o)].  

As a Yogi, I can advise you few things out of my own experience. If you do Yoga regularly two times day for next 3 years, you will lose all interest in women. You will shave your head and would not bother to attract any woman. And one thing I can assure you. You will sense happiness in your heart, which is far better than romantic love happiness.  

Haha, I already shave my head [8D]

For 10 years now.. It's just sooo easy [8D]

Women come and go.. Like a movie begins and ends.. Now... I don't like movies anymore..

Peace People

sivasambho

Me and my girlfriendS
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 05:03:41 PM »
I do shave my head - just to see how much of myself doesnt stick to me. It is also spiritually conducive to shave the head the day before full moon and no moon days... There are all kinds of yogis, and to each his own. I agree there could be no general prescription in this matter.

On the other hand, the word "yogi" is used loosely in the west and I guess hence would be used everywhere soon. Tibetan circles still do use this word with a lot of caution and respect. At the most we could say most people are touching karma sannyasa and not real yogi hood. As they say, a yogi is able to move all the three worlds with his intention.

I do have similar yearning with women. That I want to be close with them in a non physical way, be best friends, etc. I guess i would be that way with both men and women but women are still the angels of the world. If there is less violence in the society, we owe it to the women.