Author Topic: What is overloading?  (Read 1128 times)

Yaming

What is overloading?
« on: December 05, 2011, 03:05:47 PM »
So to my understanding you go into overload if excessif purification occurs. But what does that mean? Is too much energy set free in a particular area? Is too much energy rising? Is it mental resistance causing tension in the body?  
It is hard to find effective methods to calm down overloads if the nature of it is not quite clear. Sure there are methods known here. However, it seems to me it would be a lot more effective to find measures against it, if we would know more what is actually happening that causes the overload sypmtoms.
I know one recommendation is to do more physical exercises. This makes sense if it is energy correlated, as you direct the energy outward instead of letting it sit in you, causing discomfort. In my case exercise seems to have very little effect on me.
Any thoughts on the subject are welcome. :)

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
What is overloading?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 11:06:57 PM »
Too much unbalanced energy I think. The solution is simple. You don't have to know what it is; just cut back on practices.
Why is it unbalanced? Because that is the core of why karma is created. It is my opinion that a person can interact in the world with perfectly balanced energy and no karma would be created. I know this goes against the mainstream mindset in yoga.

AumNaturel

What is overloading?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 12:18:47 AM »
Paraphrased from AYP & SPF: "purification symptoms can mimic feelings of earlier time when stuck in a particular blockage...how the unwinding happens is unfathomable." "Experiential maps of human neuroanatomy and its dynamics are impossibly difficult to generate, especially in light of wide variations in karma and obstructions across any range of people."

The global-core approach used makes a lot of sense. There are way too many variables all inter-dependent to figure out what relates to what. Before starting ayp, I used to have a hard time sleeping properly at times due to the preservation aspect of brahmacharya alone. I could even predict when I would get mild pressure in my head for sleeping too deeply after a night of poor sleep. Now with ayp it's a lot better because I think it is much more balanced approach to begin with, at least at the beginner level.

*forgot to add: if I remember right, excess purification is said to be too much energy (prana, energetic/ecstatic conductivity, etc.) flowing through nadis that are not open enough, and due to the resistance encountered, the subtle neuroanatomy's innate ability to re-balance is stressed to the point of generating physical symptoms. Backing off and giving it time to change is said to be better than trying to micro-manage under the hood while also stalling progress and creating other problems.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:32:41 AM by AumNaturel »

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
What is overloading?
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 11:33:24 AM »
thanks aum [:)]