Author Topic: outside factors stopping my meditation practice  (Read 1098 times)

vijikr

outside factors stopping my meditation practice
« on: July 20, 2009, 06:18:24 PM »
Hi,

For a week or so I was at my in laws place. They were humilating me and scolding me just to show me they are in control. While this was happening I was more calm and just watched everything as movie passing by and but after I returned home and sat for my DM everything started to flow and its disturbing my DM and I am getting more agitated and angry and all. Is this normal process? when i sit for meditation these incidents are haunting me...any help would be great.

The bottom line question is how to tackle daily choas along with meditation as far me this incident is n't allowing me to sit for meditation and its disturbing me a lot.

Lots of Love and Light
Viji

emc

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 09:45:22 PM »
Hi Viji,

I just wrote a post on humiliation. Perhaps that can give you some thoughts? The whole topic is about handling emotions, so why not read the whole lot of it?

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=5949#53651

All the best, emc

vijikr

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 12:33:26 AM »
H emc,

Thnx for the link I am just going through them.

Love & Light
Viji

vijikr

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 08:06:51 PM »
Hi emc,

The link really helped me a lot thanks a ton.

Love and Light
Viji

emc

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 09:22:41 PM »
I'm glad to hear! [:)]

gumpi

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 11:18:13 PM »
Perhaps you could get a punching bag and put a picture of your in-laws face on it and have a good old box before you sit down to meditate?  

It's hard to meditate when stressed out.  I'm sorry i can't offer any help, especially since i am single and not familiar with in-law situations.  I think you did the right thing by not getting angry at them though.  My Aunt and Uncle recently stayed with us for 3 months and you wouldn't believe what a moaner she was.  She would constantly do little things like digs to make a point.  One time she even wiped the phone after i gave it to her as if to say something like, "you are dirty".  In those kind of situations i have to bite my tongue and try to forget about it.  I don't want her to go to hell or anything, but she could reincarnate as a slug while i zip off to a high astral world[:D]

grihastha

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 12:03:50 AM »
Hi Vijikr,

I know all about in-laws![;)]

My advice: don't suppress your emotions. Use them. See this post on a thread in the Kundalini forum: http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=5716#51828. Then read the rest of the exchange.

You might also try including your especially annoying relatives in your samyama.

You can't fight the chaos. It's just one more part of the totality. Surrender (I know, I know: easier said than done, esp. with relatives) is the way...

vijikr

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 05:33:50 AM »
Hi Gumpi guess punching bag is good idea. Oh yeah I remember doing the same but with my old pan lol it broke...[:I][:o)]

Like you I too bite my tongue and be quiet since naturally I don't like noisy environment but you know some people just crawl up on our nervous just to make a point and to show others they are in control.

Lol may be these kind of people are creating bad karmas for thmeselves and they are taking away our bad karmas when they hurt anybody.

HI Gri,

Yes you are right when you say don't suppress the emotions guess thats what i have been doing. Now I hope I can just let go. Looks like we hold on to more negative emotions(I just realised why am I holding such emotions when the other party is happy but I am sad/hurt by the incident..its time to let go)

And now how to put them in samayama??[?] I have no idea how to put this part in to samayama . Any help on this would be cool!

Gri the surrendering part oh yeah its bit difficult but when the situation comes we I mean atleast I forget all these things but one thing I have always been silent watcher never spoek back or hurt them.

Just going through the link.thnx

Love and Light
Viji

grihastha

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 06:16:43 AM »
Hi Viji,

For samyama, try saying the names of the people making you angry while feeling love, and let them drop into silence like the other sutras. I usually do it at the end of each cycle. I also added 'compassion' as a sutra...

Peace,

gri

vijikr

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 06:36:44 AM »
Thanks Gri! it helped me[:)]