Author Topic: Kundalini Meditation?  (Read 637 times)

gamefu

Kundalini Meditation?
« on: March 13, 2011, 03:17:40 PM »
Is it that the meditation done for Kundalini is different from normal meditation? Or the meditation is same for whatever purpose it is done?

Is meditation only the stillness/clearance of the mind during meditation? Or it has something more to it? I don't mean the benefits of meditation but with what goes on during meditation.

How do you still your mind? You might be following a certain approach/technique for this? When I clear my mind of any thoughts,I still think that ok I have cleared my mind now.How do I deal with this? There should be nothing going on in my mind during meditation,right? How do you do this?

For some reason when I meditate,it seems breathing doesn't happen automatically for me? I have to consciously do it.What should I do to free my mind from breathing?

I have read the AYP lesson regarding repeating a mantra,losing it,coming back to it.So breathing should not be used to go inwards,but we should start from within.So I want to become unconscious of my breathing during meditation,but how?

woosa

Kundalini Meditation?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 02:19:41 AM »
Meditation will stimulate kundalini. Pranayama will stimulate it even more. That is why self-pacing is very important. Paramount IMO!

Silence in meditation just happens. You can't force it. The more you practice the longer silence will happen, and in everday life.

From my practice I am aware that I am breathing but I do not focus on it. If I am focusing on it I just gently repeat the mantra.

If you have thoughts like "Right I am silent now, what next?". Just acknowledge them and repeat the mantra.

The mind does say some silly stuff. [:)]