Author Topic: Neti Pot  (Read 921 times)

tantien

Neti Pot
« on: December 16, 2011, 06:24:50 AM »
There been a warning on the internet with regards to the use of Neti Pot and using tap water.
Apparently there have been a couple of deaths caused by impurities in tap water.
I'd suggest anybody using this practice to google Neti pots and death.
I don't mean to spread alarm only to share what I have read.

yoginiwanders

Neti Pot
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 07:23:02 AM »
I figure that if I feel comfortable drinking my water than I should be ok to put it in my nose.

Cancel what I just said.  My boyfriend just showed me an article that said it actually CAN be safe to drink but unsafe for nasal irrigation due to some sort of ameaba that goes into the brain-crazy!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:19:31 PM by yoginiwanders »

naplesward

Neti Pot
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 04:36:34 PM »
I saw the story on the news. 2 people died from brain infections.

cosmic

Neti Pot
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »
Thanks for the warning, Guy!

Whenever I use my neti pot, I've always felt that I'm "shortcutting" by using tap water, and that I should be using purified water. This just confirms that I should listen to my gut.

Thanks! [:)]

Love
cosmic

stevenbhow

Neti Pot
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 11:10:23 PM »
This is really frightening, since it happened in America where all of the tap water contains fluoride (an extremely toxic substance as well)supposedly to kill bacteria.

tantien

Neti Pot
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 10:04:17 PM »
Again, I'm not trying to spread fear or doom, but personally I find this news to warrant taking some precautions.
Here's what I have started doing.
I boil a full tea pot of water ( almost a gallon) and let it cool down. Now I know I have "clean" water. Next whenever I use neti pot ( almost every morning) I pour the clean water into the neti pot and add very fine sea salt and stir. Next I put the net pot in the microwave for 25 seconds.
If the water comes out too hot I just add a little cold water from my tea pot and arrive at a lukewarm temperature.
All this only takes a few extra minutes, but I feel a lot safer.
After all, we're not talking about potential minor side effects. The article said two people died.
Happy cleansing..