Author Topic: Pain in middle of top head(skull while meditating  (Read 5272 times)

desan

Pain in middle of top head(skull while meditating
« on: July 04, 2007, 04:41:07 AM »

Dear fellow members,

Nowadays whenever I am meditating I feel lot of pressure being applied in middle of my skull up top and this feeling is not that bad but I kind of feel like the whole head is being divided.

I hope I am on right path and these indications are not that bad.

If I am wrong please guide me.

OM

Richard

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 05:09:09 AM »
Hi desan,

This definitely sounds like you are overdoing it a bit. If you can tell us exactly what practices you are doing and how long you are doing them for this will help us to help you. Are you following the AYP lessons if you are you will know about self pacing, If you are not I thoroughly recommend that you do.

I think the first thing to do is cut out everything except deep meditation and restrict the time of this to something like ten minutes, also remember to take at least a few minutes rest after your practices. See what results this brings and come back to us.

Hope this helps [:)]

desan

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 05:22:26 AM »

Many thanks Richard,

I am actually following the AYP lessons but you are right I might be overdoing.

Today I just went straight ahead with meditation; rather than doing the breathing.

I am not getting any feeling or sense of visualizing the light traveling up and down the spine or white thread, not sure why it is not happening as I have been doing this stuff for almost 2+ months.

I do love the feeling I get after meditation.

May everybody be blessed with this bliss [:)]

Richard

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 06:04:32 AM »
Hi again desan,

quote:
I am not getting any feeling or sense of visualizing the light traveling up and down the spine or white thread, not sure why it is not happening as I have been doing this stuff for almost 2+ months.

The sensations will come with time, when shakti awakens and she will, you will have sensations that you didn't believe possible so don't worry about it, don't even think about it too much just do as the lessons describe and open your throat when you breath in and up  imagining the cool breath you feel traveling up the spine and close your throat slightly untill you hear a slight hissing noise when you breath out, imagining the warm breath traveling down your spine do this and it will all happen with time.
Two months is nothing. Just do the practices as Jim would say "like brushing your teeth" and expect nothing [:)]

Everyone is different, everyone has a different take on visualisation as well, all it is really is another word for imagination. Imagine you can see the tiny channel in the centre of the spine that's all that is necessary don't expect to actually see it like looking at a TV screen that would be clairvoyance not visualisation.

Have a look at this lesson..

Extreme sensitivity to meditation - what to do?

These FAQ may be some help to you as well.

Spinal Breathing Pranayama

What is Meditation?

Ecstatic Conductivity
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 08:26:21 AM by Richard »

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 09:29:21 PM »
Hi Deshan, and welcome to the forum.

Pain at the center top of the head was discussed briefly here:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=1861#15059

As you can see in the link, I used to get it. I don't think it is really too much to worry about as long as it doesn't get out of hand (unbearable). It comes when a lot of energy (prana) is streaming in through a small opening in the crown chakra.
I would just carry on as you have been, and if it gets really painful, selfpace as Richard suggests.

I also wouldn't worry about not seeing any light or silver threads in your spine. I have been doing AYP for two years and have never seen them. But I do experience an amazing amount of peace, and love, and bliss, so I'm not worrying about any lights or silver threads. As Richard said, everything comes in time.

Good luck with your practice.

Christi

gumpi

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 11:16:20 PM »
Christi,

When prana enters the crown does it also make the head feel as though it would explode?  And that almost like the two hemispheres of the brain are split into two?  

I think i have kundalini energy from smoking marijuana.  Do you think this is possible?  It would certainly make a lot of sense to me.  I just can't shut it off from my head.

Christi

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 09:13:34 AM »
Hi Gumpi,

Energy overload from excessive spiritual practices, or from a premature kundalini awakening can result in pressure in the head. In severe cases it can feel like it is going to explode, or like there is a band of metal around the head being slowly tightened. A premature crown opening can also cause this to happen.

Drug taking (including cannabis smoking) can upset the balance of energy in the body, and excessive use can result in a premature kundalini awakening, with all the difficulties that involves.

Christi

mimirom

• http://www.youtube.com/user/mimirom
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 08:35:05 AM »
Hi all,

thanks for opening this. I'm experiencing severe pressure inside my head during dm too. It keeps manifesting for about 5 months now. Often my meditations are like a hard fight, or exorcism - yes, this is how it looks like very much. It comes sporadically, not always, but often like 5 sits in a row, then two nice sits, then three hard ones, one nice, etc. Sometimes I can experience energy inside my head doing very pleasant and beautiful things, but more often it's brutal. I get strong spasms in my neck (it becomes hard and painful), great pressure in the scull, and bizarre spasms in my face - really like exorcism, whole body contractions, even screaming. It is evil and it doesn't want to go away. I shared it a few months ago here, and after this consultation I decided to go 50% down with SBP. This seemed to work, so I returned to 100% after 1 month. Till today I stuck more with the rule that if everything's ok during activity, there's no need to self pace, and that I have to be brave. But just yesterday I realized that this is definitely not good. For 5 months I have been apparently overdoing, experiencing brutal excess energy symptoms during meditation only(maybe some 20 - 30 minutes after, like light pressure in the head). The suggestion to regulate in accordance with how we feel outside practices confused me, I think. This might not be always the best way, although generally it is perhaps a good rule. If one does not know how much pressure is normal, being new to mantra japa, it is simply confusing. This is mainly what I wanted to point out here. I was sticking to it, and probably was harming myself for 5 months. Well, it's trial and error..
Now, after a 3 weeks AYP retreat, it is getting clear to me that I'm pushing far to hard. I'm going to 50% with all practices, and will see.
Also, and this is gonna be interesting perhaps, I asked for assistance a couple, which has the possibility to look directly into karmic predispositions, and contact beings which might be blocking my progress. I'm very curious, and will let you know if this turns out to be interesting.

All the best desan, wish you a very smooth ride
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 10:01:01 AM by mimirom »

Christi

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 11:08:01 AM »
Hi Mimirom,

quote:
The suggestion to regulate in accordance with how we feel outside practices confused me, I think. This might not be always the best way, although generally it is perhaps a good rule.

Sorry to hear about the pain you have been in.

The advice that Yogani gives in the main lessons on self-pacing, is that if you are experiencing pain or uncomfortable sensations during practices, and you do not feel happy with what is happening, then cut down on your practice times, or cut out the last practice you added to your routine. If you are feeling uncomfortable during daily activity you should also cut down your practice times until you reach a stable platform.

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/81.html

There is a lot more on self-pacing if you go to the topic index and scroll down to self-pacing.

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/TopicIndex.html

Hope that helps.

Christi

mimirom

• http://www.youtube.com/user/mimirom
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 11:44:49 PM »
Thanks, Christi. It will help, I think.[:)]