Author Topic: Asthma - pranayama?  (Read 882 times)

Lili

Asthma - pranayama?
« on: August 25, 2008, 09:00:44 PM »
Hi folks!

Do you know if people with asthma can do pranayama and which kind? Is our spinal breathing OK for them?

Lili[:)]

yogani

• AYP Plus
Asthma - pranayama?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 02:05:58 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Lili

Hi folks!

Do you know if people with asthma can do pranayama and which kind? Is our spinal breathing OK for them?

Lili[:)]

Hi Lili:

Light spinal breathing (5 min or less per session) with self-pacing should not be harmful. It can help a respiratory condition.

There is also research indicating that deep meditation can reduce asthma symptoms related to stress.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

riptiz

Asthma - pranayama?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 08:24:45 AM »
Hi Lilli,
You might want to research Swami Ramdev pranayama techniques.
L&L
Dave

emc

Asthma - pranayama?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 03:51:53 PM »
I met a kinesiologist a few years ago who had been working for 30 years with clients. He told me asthma is sorrow and was pretty sure about that. He had never met a client with a different pattern. We worked on my issues for one hour, and my asthma was then GONE for more than a year... until next issue of sorrow bubbled up, and I locked it in instead of letting it flow through the body with awareness.

I have not found AYP spinal breathing to be enough to release the asthma symptoms. That brings progress in the long run of course, but for faster results I guess more intense pranayama with intention on asthma would be necessary to release the blockages of sorrow.

Lili

Asthma - pranayama?
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 06:59:15 PM »
Thanks a lot for the quick responses!

[:X][;)]