Author Topic: In the womb and as a dandelion  (Read 630 times)

SophiaUnbound

In the womb and as a dandelion
« on: December 13, 2010, 11:31:17 AM »
I know strange little "visions" or waking dreams are just side effects, perhaps to be noted on the way back to silence, but I've also noticed some of you sharing dreams and images here.  So, here's one that I had this morning near the end of DM.

While feeling the energy gently moving in my spine from head to perineum, I became a fetus in the womb.  Then I just continued the DM there in the warm dark silence. It was really quite nice, and I felt very close to my mother (who died several years ago), to my biological offspring (who never made it to term), and to the...well, the universe or creation.

After that, when I was doing SB, the image of being a dandelion came to me (the stem is the spine and the fluff was all around my head, blowing away when I breathed.  It made me laugh a bit, and I ended smiling from ear to ear.

The dandelion seemed just a funny little flight of fancy, but the womb...well, that seemed more essential and profound. Being in the womb is just a state of being, not doing anything...just like DM in practice. I thought sounds would sound indistinct there, too, the way the mantra does. This womb dream kind of reflects the ideal that I am settling into for bakhti, too, which is the conception of Jesus.  [:)]

I won't go looking for it every time, but I wanted to share.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:53:02 PM by SophiaUnbound »

Yonatan

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 12:27:31 PM »
Thanks Sophia [:)]

Love

faileforever

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 02:10:26 PM »
That is beautiful, I like the dandelion analogy[:D] Thank you for sharing Sophia.

SophiaUnbound

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 11:50:37 PM »
and thanks for the correct spelling of dandelion!  I knew it wasn't quite right, but was too sleepy to look it up last night. [:o)]

Bodhi Tree

• http://www.codyrickett.com
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 04:05:47 PM »
Ahhh, that is a beautiful vision. Transformation, vitality, organic growth intertwined with spirituality. Many thanks, Mrs. Unbound.