Author Topic: Purification..  (Read 3389 times)

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
Purification..
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM »
emc wrote:
quote:
I don't think the "dimensions" are so different. In my Zhinheng qi-gong we work with "three centers union" - a special position where the center of head - think this is the medulla (?), heart and dan tien in stomach is uniting. Very powerful exercise. The pillar becomes extremely strong, still and black

Yeh, but most of the confusion I've seen is when people are saying the tan tien and the second chakra are the same thing. I don't think they are. There doesn't seem to be a matchup in that region between the chakras and the hara line.
No problem with the heart and head.

quote:
Hm. I don't feel hatred, just anger and rage.
Do you feel envy? and would you concur that envy is a manifestation of hatred?
I read somewhere recently that we were cast down to earth because we envied Krishna and the Gods, it is this envy we have to come to terms with - or something along those lines, perhaps someone can elaborate.

quote:
Also called moolabandha or mulabandha... the root lock.
Thanks Christi[:)]

sadhak

Purification..
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2007, 02:12:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle
btw, what is moolbandh, excuse my ignorance.

Hi Sparkle,
Sorry, was away and didn't see this. But I see Christi cleared that up. I was inadvertantly writing it the way it is pronounced.

Btw, I've zeroed in only on two things so far that might be relevant: the muladhar chakra governs the musco-skeletal system and survival issues (bone pains?). And mulabandha brings up suppressed emotions (anger, rage?). However, I'm not really sure about the latter, or that the muladhar chakra governing the skeletal system could expose a weak bone structure when one does mulabandha. All in all, nothing significant to report. [:p]

emc

Purification..
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 06:47:44 AM »
"Do you feel envy? and would you concur that envy is a manifestation of hatred?"

Yes, I feel envy. That is not a manifestation of hatred for me. When I dive into what's behind envy it is a thought that they have something I don't. It's a feeling of lack, and a sadness that I am not having what I think I need in order to be happy.

Ah, I see what you mean with the stomach centres. I'd say navel chakra and dan tien is more the same. I've been wondering why they never mention the two lower chakras in the qi gong training.

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
Purification..
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2007, 03:52:07 AM »
emc, I dug this out from the archives of study done a long time ago.
It made sense to me then, and it helped a lot in raising the kids.

Although what I learned was more widely explained in terms of the Mother/Child relationship and how it impinges on the later relationship.

9. A Transpersonal Perspective on Primary Envy
------
------
The coincidentia oppositorium is an idea that occupies an important place in Jung's psychology. It is particularly important to realize that what is at stake in this conjunction is not the basic recognition of opposites, nor the simple interplay of opposites in our experience, nor even the union or marriage of opposites, but the shocking realization of their conjunction in the same object or situation.  The reason why the coincidentia oppositorium is so crucial is that it does not simply represent the opposition of hate and love, but represents hating and loving the same object. This, of course, is exactly the condition which can precipitate human envy, and is possibly a conflict that it is necessary for us to confront very early in our development, indeed throughout our lives. In this respect, it can be seen that envy is the central challenge to our psychic growth, i.e. resolving the "paradox" of loving and hating the same object. Jealousy is the outcome of the difficulties in sharing the loved object with someone else, and greed is merely asking, or demanding, too much from the loved object.

It is important to realize that hating one object, and loving another, is hardly a challenging experience. But hating and loving the same object, now that is a completely different matter!! And I want to argue that this is a theme, or what Jung would call a psychic truth, that must lie at the core of an existential-transpersonal model of human experience. It is almost certain that the fearful symmetry which William Blake refers to in his poem, The Tyger, is precisely this conjunction:

"Tyger, Tyger burning bright, In the forests of the night: What immortal hand or eye, Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?"
                                     William Blake  (The Tyger)

In my own study of Jung and Blake, I have proposed that it is precisely this conjunction that constitutes the God archetype, which Jung equates with the archetype of the Self (Hiles, 2001). Confrontation with this archetype reveals the tragic contradictoriness of the Self, and also of God (as Jung points out), and is experienced as the dark night of the soul. The coincidentia oppositorium is the crucial archetype of the human psyche, it is the ultimate challenge to human growth, it is the unconscious conflict at the core of human existence. And, with respect to what we are discussing here, it is clear that it presents itself to us at critical stages throughout life, from the earliest stages of human growth as primary envy (Klein, 1957), through the inevitable experiences of loss across the lifespan, to the later stages in the prospect of death. Placed in this context, Klein's theory of unconscious envy takes on a new significance. Envy is the expression of an archetype that lies at the core of our being, and it would seem, it is an archetype that must find expression very early in our unfoldment. Envy takes on a transpersonal significance, as an in-built mechanism for dealing with life's inherent limitations. Indeed, if we take this claim seriously, then it does not take much effort to realize that the God archetype could not manifest itself in human consciousness in any other way. It is therefore my claim that envy is a necessary condition for human growth.

Taken from:
http://www.psy.dmu.ac.uk/drhiles/ENVYpaper.htm

Cheers[:)]

emc

Purification..
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2007, 07:44:54 AM »
Phew... That was quite a bite! I don't understand anything! [:D] Either it's irrelevant, or it's hitting directly at my knot in the stomach... Time will tell! Thank you! I'll come back to it!