Author Topic: Having to let go of sitting practices  (Read 581 times)

Arman

Having to let go of sitting practices
« on: September 24, 2013, 04:43:03 PM »
At this point, even 2-3 minutes of breath-based mindfulness is proving to cause me to be anxious, uneasy and irritable. I have been doing AYP for roughly 1.5 years now with good progress. Although I am far from a full energetic awakening, I have had much evolution and as a result have become a happier and more loving person and I find it easier to stay grounded during the tides of life.

My sensitivity now is probably from pushing my practices during my initial months of ayp. I was naive and didn't wait for practices to stabilize before 'progressing', you live and you learn. :)

My practices now are my automatic self inquiry that happen throughout the day, prayer and cultivating a love of god. This has proved stable. Interestingly, although my amount of practice is at an all time low, the greatest shifts in perception are happening within me. I have gently asked for growth and to know god, and so I am being answered.

I think that I am being stopped from my regular practices to work on myself in other ways. To tune myself and learn to love. Sometimes I suspected that things within me just may burst open like a dam and leave my external life in dire straits... I think that is part of the reason I am held back, for my own protection. It's just not my time to make those kinds of leaps.

Just wanted to share this. I used to hope that I would move through this sensitivity soon, but I realize that it's all moving along perfectly. :)

I know I will return to AYP sitting practices eventually. I don't know just when that will be, but when I do, I will sink into the spring of spirit. Until then it seems I have a different kind of work to do!

Blessings to all
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:49:33 PM by Arman »

maheswari

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 07:31:27 PM »
dear Arman....this happened with many over here including myself[:)]...had to totally cut sitting practices for 6 months...and then it took me another 6 months to slowly build  up a small routine of breath meditation and samyama....
till now i cant force it much...but all is good [:)]

mr_anderson

• http://thejoyofdying.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 11:03:12 PM »
Hi Arman,

I too find the times of "overload" are often when the greatest shifts in perception happen.

It's a time when we're forced to just stop, and notice everything that is going on inside ourselves (particularly anything we might have subtly avoided via the pleasure of spiritual practices).

Wish you the best on your journey,

Josh [:)]